Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #91
mamiof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyzo View Post

On our last trip you could deliever your gifts whenever you wanted, we gave the children invidual gifts but the adults shared which is similar to what we were planning for this cruise. I had never even thought of all having a particular day etc. I quite liked coming back to the room and finding gifts through out the cruise so again what do others like to do.

I have only ever taken part in one FE before any help / ideas are appreciated
I vote for delivering whenever, not scheduled! So did you gift every day or once per cruise? Based on what the majority did last year, i will plan to gift once per cruise, i think. I'm really curious as to how many participating cabins we will get. i've read about some cruises that have had over 100 rooms participate! In those cases they break down into smaller groups. Last year we had around 18 cabins i think. It was a good number.
mamiof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #92
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

On both of the FE i participated in we did it when ever we wanted (most everyone did it while the ship was in Nassau we were on the Dream) and only one gift for the cruise not one per day.

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #93
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

so i have had a look at decided that I am not quite clever enought to figure out how to attach the FE list as a document online.

But I could add it to the Facebook page as a document then people could look as and when they want and those that are not on facebook I could email you as and when I add families on.
zippyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

I think i have done it can someone try please. The link to the FE list so it is on here and facebook

Last edited by zippyzo; 02-07-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #95
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

You did great Zoe !
As I mentioned in our FB group, we had like 50 cabins on our last Fantasy cruise. Hubby and I delivered them over 2-3 days......lots more walking on the Fantasy as compared to the Magic !

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #96
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

am having issues with the link
updated - i hope it worked

Last edited by zippyzo; 02-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #97
kjblovesdisney
The Wonderful World of Disney Presents.....

Hello everyone! We'll be joining you on this cruise. Some of us booked this trip at the beginning of last year and then my daughters decided to join the group this past fall. We have three balcony cabins with 8 females: myself, my sister, my sister in law, our good friend, two of my daughters, my granddaughter and one daughter's best friend. Its a girls trip and our ages range from 9 (my granddaughter) to 61 (me). We are all huge Disney fans and very excited. Its is the second Disney cruise trip for four of us and the first for my daughters and friend and my granddaughter's very first cruise! Talk about setting the bar high!
Would someone explain exactly what a fish extender is? Thanks. I'd like to join in on FB also.

kjblovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #98
mamiof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjblovesdisney View Post
Hello everyone! We'll be joining you on this cruise. Some of us booked this trip at the beginning of last year and then my daughters decided to join the group this past fall. We have three balcony cabins with 8 females: myself, my sister, my sister in law, our good friend, two of my daughters, my granddaughter and one daughter's best friend. Its a girls trip and our ages range from 9 (my granddaughter) to 61 (me). We are all huge Disney fans and very excited. Its is the second Disney cruise trip for four of us and the first for my daughters and friend and my granddaughter's very first cruise! Talk about setting the bar high!
Would someone explain exactly what a fish extender is? Thanks. I'd like to join in on FB also.
Welcome! Fish extender or FE is a gift exchange. you make or buy a hanging pouch / pocket thingy to hang outside your cabin door, then you get cool gifts delivered in there by the participants. and likewise, you deliver to the other participants. Alot of the gifts are cool homemade Disney-themed goodies, but they dont have to be. Usually each person has their own pouch on their FE hanger, so u can deliver a separate gift to each person, especially for children. Do a search on DIS and see lots of threads with really great FE ideas. I'm still reading through a thread of 249 pages of great ideas. Also you can find pictures of some of the awesome homemade FE hangers. I made mine, it was pretty easy, and I was super happy with how it turned out!
mamiof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #99
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjblovesdisney View Post
Welcome !!!! Sounds like you have a great trip planned

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #100
kjblovesdisney
The Wonderful World of Disney Presents.....

Maria - I just sent a request to join the Facebook Page!

Kathleen

kjblovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #101
Princess Denise
Mouseketeer

Newbies

Hey friends! My husband and I just booked our disney cruise to celebrate our 3rd anniversary/honeymoon on the fantasy- 7 night Western Caribbean- sets sail Sept. 14th! We are new to this website and still trying to figure it out... Hopefully you all can help us out. We have heard about Fish Extenders and we would LOVE to join in on the fun! How do we participate? How many gifts do we need to get/make? We are so excited for this new adventure- September can't come soon enough!!
Princess Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #102
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Welcome aboard my husband and I will be celebrating our 4th Anniversary on the cruise (9/19).

Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #103
teroot
Mouseketeer

Joining You All Fantasy 2013 here we come.

We are a group of about 16 from Cincinnati Ohio.

This is My 4th Disney cruise and booked this a year ago and have been away from boards for a while glad to see someone started the thread.

We only have 231 short days to go our group has been counting down for quite sometime.

were ready fro some warm weather here cause it's cold here.
teroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #104
Princess Denise
Mouseketeer

Is it September yet?? it is freezing here in Utah!!
Princess Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #105
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

I wish it would get here faster.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: