Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #631
kbrooke1231
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyzo View Post

Hi. Sorry not replied. It is too late to join the FE
:-( im afraid. I feel awful saying that and I've already turned a few others down too. Its just to make sure those taking part had plenty of time to make their gifts. Am so sorry but welcome to the group and I hope you have a fab time.
I'm looking for a last minute FE group. I'm new to the process and not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
kbrooke1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #632
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

The last item for my FE Gifts finally came in so now they are all finished and packed. All of our stuff is pretty much packed all that is left are things that can't be packed until the morning we leave.

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #633
jenf22
DIS Veteran

I can't believe our cruise is next week! I feel so unprepared. I have all the FEs done, but I have nothing packed. I haven't even figured out what we are all wearing to my parents' wedding! Hopefully, I'll get more on top of things this week!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #634
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
I can't believe our cruise is next week! I feel so unprepared. I have all the FEs done, but I have nothing packed. I haven't even figured out what we are all wearing to my parents' wedding! Hopefully, I'll get more on top of things this week!
I feel unprepared too. I keep thinking I have loads of time!! Then realise its nearly the weekend again. And I'm working Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Leave on Wednesday morning. And even the weekend is fairly busy
zippyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #635
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrooke1231 View Post

I'm looking for a last minute FE group. I'm new to the process and not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello.
Our official fe lists closed a couple of weekends ago. So unless a few of you latecomers want to create another list then it may not be possible on this cruise. Really sorry as I hate turning people away and saying no. But you are more than welcome to come to the group meet would be great to meet you.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #636
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

change made to group c family 11, I had mother and daughter the wrong way round - sorry.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #637
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Welcome, new people! (KBrooke, unfortunately, FE takes time and preplanning, both to prepare to give and receive. Old lady suggests you leave it for your next cruise - watch and learn on this one. There are a couple threads you can search for on the cruise board both on making and FE and on what to put in them, but those are going to take time to read, too. Next cruise, you can sign up for the cruise thread early and run with it!)

We have moved up our departure one more day - can you tell we can't WAIT to get on the road? However, leaving on Tuesday is going to cause us to need to FOCUS between now and then! My first workshop got canceled due to GRADE school football on Saturday night, so my NEW first workshop is Monday night. WHAT was I thinking?

Happy Day, all!
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #638
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Since my post about postcards was ignored on the main thread, does anyone know the best/easiest place to mail postcards in all of the ports? Our son's class is doing a project where they are asking relatives and people on vacation to send postcards. So I thought it would be fun to try and do one from every port. I'm sure postcards will be easy enough to find, but what about foreign postage?

Thanks everyone!!

9 more days!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #639
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since my post about postcards was ignored on the main thread, does anyone know the best/easiest place to mail postcards in all of the ports? Our son's class is doing a project where they are asking relatives and people on vacation to send postcards. So I thought it would be fun to try and do one from every port. I'm sure postcards will be easy enough to find, but what about foreign postage?

Thanks everyone!!

9 more days!!!
I have no clue what the answer is. I didn't want you to be ignored, tho.

I leave for the 9/8 Dream 4-night on Saturday. I'm in full-pack mode. DS15 is suddenly super inquisitive about cooking and laundry. He's concerned about his ability to provide dinner for his dad & brother before hubby leaves next week then for his brother and our family friend who will be staying over while we're gone. I guess he thinks he'll ruin everyone's clothes if he sets the water temperature or cycle setting wrong. LOL! He's so cute!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #640
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I have no clue what the answer is. I didn't want you to be ignored, tho.

I leave for the 9/8 Dream 4-night on Saturday. I'm in full-pack mode. DS15 is suddenly super inquisitive about cooking and laundry. He's concerned about his ability to provide dinner for his dad & brother before hubby leaves next week then for his brother and our family friend who will be staying over while we're gone. I guess he thinks he'll ruin everyone's clothes if he sets the water temperature or cycle setting wrong. LOL! He's so cute!
You're going on a cruise before our cruise??? Hope you have a great time! Where does that one go?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #641
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're going on a cruise before our cruise??? Hope you have a great time! Where does that one go?
Yeah, been planning it with a bunch of ladies from a different forum for right at 2 years now. We've got a group of like 28 or 30 ladies all escaping our husbands, fiance's, boyfriends, children, etc. to go have some fun. Yay! Just goes to Nassau & Castaway Cay.

Tracey & I wanted to go to Disneyland for our anniversary (the 18th) but it would've been nuts flying home Thursday then flying back out to Cali on Saturday. Sooooo, that's how we landed on the Fantasy with y'all! Its the first Fantasy sailing after I return from the girls cruise. He's meeting me at WDW late Thursday night. We're gonna lounge around our resort and meet some friends for dinner on Friday. Then Saturday we'll be seeing YOU! WooHoooo!!!!! :D
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #642
erionm
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Disney Fantasy Navigator mobile app being tested!

DCL is testing a new mobile app for their Navigator's while on-board. It's currently limited to the 9/7 & 9/14 sailings of the Disney Fantasy. The app will connect to the ships WiFi network for FREE to get it's data.

Search Disney Fantasy in the Apple app store or Google Play store. Once the program is fully launched, it appears as if there will be a separate app for each ship.

Last edited by erionm; 09-07-2013 at 07:02 AM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #643
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:

Thanks everyone!!

9 more days!!!
Probably you weren't *ignored* so much as no one knew the answer to your question.

You can mail postcards on Castaway Cay, IF you can get the stamps. The postoffice is only open occasionally on no fixed schedule. I solved that problem by buying a raft of bahamian stamps in Nassau, last time we were there. There's a kiosk right in the port terminal. But if you're not going to Nassau, that doesn't help you. And, even assuming you mail cards, does not guarentee they will ever arrive.

Grand Cayman is easy. There's a post office right there in Georgetown, and postcards are readily available.

In Costa Maya and Cozumel, I would ask in the shop where I buy the post cards. In Cozumel, you go upstairs to cross the street. After you cross there's a big souvenir store with good prices on the left. They sell postcards and the last time we were there, stamps too. Because those ports are both Mexico, you could save your CM cards to mail in Cozumel.

My workshop for tonight is back on. Woo Hoo.

Last night, we celebrated Friday by visiting the Tellus Museum in Cartersville, GA. WOW. For a little town, that is sure one AMAZING place. Their mineral collection is fabulous, and their observatory was open with a really nice view of Saturn through the telescope. Well worth the drive.

See you a week from today! Where is the DIS meet?

Happy Day, all!
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #644
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

jenf22, do you need Bahsmian stamps??? I'll be in Nassau on Monday. I'll go get a bunch while I'm there. I've bought them there before so I can go get them, no problem. Just need to know how many.

Other Adventures:

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #645
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

Probably you weren't *ignored* so much as no one knew the answer to your question.

You can mail postcards on Castaway Cay, IF you can get the stamps. The postoffice is only open occasionally on no fixed schedule. I solved that problem by buying a raft of bahamian stamps in Nassau, last time we were there. There's a kiosk right in the port terminal. But if you're not going to Nassau, that doesn't help you. And, even assuming you mail cards, does not guarentee they will ever arrive.

Grand Cayman is easy. There's a post office right there in Georgetown, and postcards are readily available.

In Costa Maya and Cozumel, I would ask in the shop where I buy the post cards. In Cozumel, you go upstairs to cross the street. After you cross there's a big souvenir store with good prices on the left. They sell postcards and the last time we were there, stamps too. Because those ports are both Mexico, you could save your CM cards to mail in Cozumel.

My workshop for tonight is back on. Woo Hoo.

Last night, we celebrated Friday by visiting the Tellus Museum in Cartersville, GA. WOW. For a little town, that is sure one AMAZING place. Their mineral collection is fabulous, and their observatory was open with a really nice view of Saturn through the telescope. Well worth the drive.

See you a week from today! Where is the DIS meet?

Happy Day, all!
Dis meet is vista cafe at 15.00 on embarkation day. I do believe looking forward to meeting you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: