Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #466
kathywolf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarab4615 View Post
Anyone schedule shore excursions outside of Disney? I am curious to see what you have planned! I haven't booked any yet and need to get my act together. Thanks!
Tropicante in Costa Maya. I read good things so giving it a try
kathywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #467
sarab4615
Earning My Ears

Tropicante

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathywolf View Post
Oh I will need to check this one out. Thanks!
sarab4615 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #468
kathywolf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarab4615 View Post

Oh I will need to check this one out. Thanks!
I saw on DIS but then looked at Tripadvisor and Googled it. It sounds really good but I haven't been there yet. I emailed Steve (the owner) though and he responded within 30 min. Starting off well for me. I hope it's as good as people have posted
kathywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #469
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
Hi ZippyZo I noticed when I was counting my FE list that my DS Christopher is down at 16yrs, he is now just turned 17. He won't be happy if I leave him at 16.

If you can change it that's great.

No Documents for us yet.
All done for you, it may not show just yet though as I will do another big update over the next few day so will upload the new version otherwise I feel I may be uploading all weekend with all the changes / adding on. (hope that makes sense).
zippyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #470
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

FE - LIST CLOSING MON 12th

HI all

last chance to join the FE group if you would like to. The list will close on Monday so everyone has plenty of time to get there gifts sorted before the crusie. I will continue to try to update the list over the weekend but I have friends here at the moment and then am travelling to my parents tomorrow so I will update my list but may not upload the changed list until sunday / monday.

If you have asked to be added I will send you a reply to say which group I have added you but it may not show on the copy until monday (hope that makes sense) otherwise I feel my weekend will be spent continually uploading new copies the list on fb and here.

If you dont hear from me please send me another message just to remind me gently.

Thank all

Zoe
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #471
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we weren't kids first, we wouldn't be here! But anyway, I never cruised with babies but have three kids 22, 20 and 13. When they were babies, I just always went at their pace. When they are done, just be done and move on. Don't push them and you will have a blast!

And I always enjoy kids that I don't have to take care of
This is my advice too - go at their pace. Especially with sleep. We're sleep worshipers in our family. Life is so much better when our son has slept! Sometimes that means we miss fireworks or a show - oh well.
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012

Last edited by jenf22; 08-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #472
zipadeedoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are also giving this a try. Emailed Steve awhile ago and reserved an umbrella and we are really excited about a beach day. This is our only non-Disney excursion. DH was scare we would miss the ship if we did non-Disney excursions since this is his first cruise but I talked him into this one
zipadeedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #473
Laurie26739
Live and breathe Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
When we did the Western in May we did all our excursions away from the cruise line. Private charter to Stingray Sandbar in GC, standup paddle boarding in Costa Maya, and Xrails to Jade Caverns in Cozumel (so our under 18 teens could drive). This time its just the hubby & me. We're doing a manatee interaction in Cozumel booked away from the cruise line. Got a great price & its prepaid. Love it.

What did you think of the Xrails to Jade Caverns. DH and DD are going on that.
Laurie26739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #474
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie26739 View Post

What did you think of the Xrails to Jade Caverns. DH and DD are going on that.
Oh man! I don't want to put y'all off from it! Overall we are glad we did it so no regrets in the end. The first half up to the cenote then the swim in the cenote was awesome. Loved it. After the cenote swim...well...it could've been over then and it would've been great. After the cenote the trail got seriously rough. Buggies were bustin' left & right, I had to pee sooooo bad, and there's no restrooms until the end. I was in such pain. I ended up wandering into the bush a bit for a squat. First time sober. Not fun. I'm glad I did it and loved about half of it. That's the part I choose to look back on with a smile now. I will recommend wearing clothing you are okay with throwing away. That's not regular mud or even clay. Its like this silt that doesn't simply rinse off. You have to work to get it off. And I think it multiplies by itself. We literally handed our clothing out of the bathroom and put it all straight into a garbage bag. You can "rent" crocs shoes there. Sounds gross but if I had it to do again that's what I'd do. Also, if you want to do anything after before returning to the ship bring a complete change of clothes. You'll be glad you did.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #475
mamiof2
Mouseketeer

zippyzoe, i've really been on a roll with all the FE stuff, so i've decided we can handle both lists. Could you please add us to group B as well!? That will be lots of cabins & lots of people, (especially since i did individual gifts, rather than cabin gifts), but lots of fun!! (It's a good thing we're driving!! ) Also, could you please update this info on both lists... Matt favorite character - Pirates. Noah favorite - Little Green Alien (Toy Story). Raya favorite - Rapunzel. Thanks so much!! Kyle!
mamiof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #476
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiof2 View Post
zippyzoe, i've really been on a roll with all the FE stuff, so i've decided we can handle both lists. Could you please add us to group B as well!? That will be lots of cabins & lots of people, (especially since i did individual gifts, rather than cabin gifts), but lots of fun!! (It's a good thing we're driving!! ) Also, could you please update this info on both lists... Matt favorite character - Pirates. Noah favorite - Little Green Alien (Toy Story). Raya favorite - Rapunzel. Thanks so much!! Kyle!
Hello. Updated and added. I will upload revision onto google a little later
Old 08-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #477
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Updating list -

Please can you see if you are on the list and reply just so i can update final pieces - thank you

Just confirmation you are still taking part
Tink11
magicbegins
ChipNDale
Donna and Bill
ChipNDale
McKeels
MetasCMs1988
DisneyDreamer2504
callymum
DomiH
Scubadudette

Favourite Character please
ATLminnie
Dawn8179
Splashmommy
JenF22 (parents)
Eileen and Jay
Newgeneb (Cheryl)
Zipadeedoo (adults)
Igough
Nziepfel (adults)
jen-n-greg (adults)
Joey and Christan
Ronnie and Dominika
David and Julie
beardens

Awaiting cabin number
Nesby
Lidia and Todd
Old 08-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #478
My wishes
Earning My Ears

Red face First Disney Cruise

Hello everyone. Can you believe it?? I've been a member of DVC since 1999 and this is our first cruise. We are super excited. I am hoping I can still get on the FE list. Can anyone help me with this?
My wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #479
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Zippyzo - Yep We are still doing the FE.

And Welcome- My Wishes.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #480
ChattyKathyinMI
Earning My Ears

Just Booked this Cruise!

I can't believe it--we just decided to book this cruise--first time cruiser. Will be my husband and myself (he is not really a Disney fan but knows how much I am so agreed to go!)

Trying to learn as much as I can and am enjoying this thread. I too would like to be part of the FE group if possible. Please tell me how to sign up.
ChattyKathyinMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: