Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #46
akayek31
DIS Veteran

So I took your advice and cancelled LTT (we have eaten there just about every time in the last 2 yrs) and booked an ADR at T-Rex. I also booked Planet Hollywood for my coworker/friend and myself and Donnie since she has never been to a table service (plus I had that $15 coupon lol.) I hope it doesn't turn out like the trip from you know where that I had with my cousin that year. But we have separate rooms and she is only staying 3 nights

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #47
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
So I took your advice and cancelled LTT (we have eaten there just about every time in the last 2 yrs) and booked an ADR at T-Rex. I also booked Planet Hollywood for my coworker/friend and myself and Donnie since she has never been to a table service (plus I had that $15 coupon lol.) I hope it doesn't turn out like the trip from you know where that I had with my cousin that year. But we have separate rooms and she is only staying 3 nights
T-Rex is really good! I don't think you will be disappointed. I loved the nachos and let's just say that chocolate extinction is wonderful!! haha

We are taking Hollie back to Planet Hollywood this time. She has been there several times, but now she will love being able to look at all the movie stuff in there. Especially the statue from Hocus Pocus

I hope it doesn't turn out like that trip either!!! Hopefully you will start listening to me one day!!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #48
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
T-Rex is really good! I don't think you will be disappointed. I loved the nachos and let's just say that chocolate extinction is wonderful!! haha

We are taking Hollie back to Planet Hollywood this time. She has been there several times, but now she will love being able to look at all the movie stuff in there. Especially the statue from Hocus Pocus

I hope it doesn't turn out like that trip either!!! Hopefully you will start listening to me one day!!!
We had Landry's and then they closed up shop and went on their merry way. I miss those gift certificates like crazy. We could eat at Rainforest and Yak n Yeti the entire trip if we had wanted. This was before T Rex came about. More than that though I miss those crab legs from the Crab House. Oh man, I could eat three pounds by myself right now!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #49
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
We had Landry's and then they closed up shop and went on their merry way. I miss those gift certificates like crazy. We could eat at Rainforest and Yak n Yeti the entire trip if we had wanted. This was before T Rex came about. More than that though I miss those crab legs from the Crab House. Oh man, I could eat three pounds by myself right now!
I wondered about the certificates they used to give with the packages.

We never got to eat at the crab house. I love some crab legs!! Yum!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
hlrababy

Can I just say........................

71 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how cool is that!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #51
Alysa
DIS Veteran

So excited for you! Plus a wee bit jealous

Hey, what about a big box of helium balloons all tied together that float up once she opens them for the big scavenger hunt/final reveal. They could all be tied to a little house from the dollar store or something (a la Up) and in the house is a note that says "We're going to Disney!"
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #52
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I wondered about the certificates they used to give with the packages.

We never got to eat at the crab house. I love some crab legs!! Yum!!!
They were one of our clients so they'd give us $35 gift certificates all the time. The managers let us eat free in their places anyway so we'd save those GC's for WDW. I remember that one year we went for 17 nights I only had dining for 14. Those other three days...lunch AND dinner at RFC or Y & Y. We ate like kings. To have a stack of those now...I'd be ever so grateful. Oh well. I am so ready for this next trip!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #53
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
So excited for you! Plus a wee bit jealous

Hey, what about a big box of helium balloons all tied together that float up once she opens them for the big scavenger hunt/final reveal. They could all be tied to a little house from the dollar store or something (a la Up) and in the house is a note that says "We're going to Disney!"
That is the cutest idea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
They were one of our clients so they'd give us $35 gift certificates all the time. The managers let us eat free in their places anyway so we'd save those GC's for WDW. I remember that one year we went for 17 nights I only had dining for 14. Those other three days...lunch AND dinner at RFC or Y & Y. We ate like kings. To have a stack of those now...I'd be ever so grateful. Oh well. I am so ready for this next trip!
Dang!!! Now that would be nice!!

I wish your next trip was the same as mine! Ooh, ooh, maybe next year!! We do plan on taking Hollie during her fall break for the Halloween party since last year it rained on us!! Yuck!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #54
hlrababy

So now I am thinking. MIL has never been to DHS. I was thinking we might add a day to our tickets and go to DHS after our Chef Mickey's breakfast on Wednesday. Now, we won't stay all day. Just long enough to let the girls see Beauty and the Beast and then Voyage of the Little Mermaid and ride the Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and RnR Coaster.

Hmm, decisions decisions!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #55
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

You have SUCH a gorgeous family!! I love all the pics! And I really love Hannah's Nemo dress! Adorable! How did Hollie like Princess Camp? What kind of fun stuff did she do there? Looks awesome!

You found some great things for them to wear! I love them! Especially pillowcase dresses! Precious!

Pop is the best! I have spent the majority of my trips there and I just adore it so much! Your ADR's sound so good too! I have been to 3/5 of those places and am a huge fan! You must have good taste!

I almost died from cuteness at that Grinch dress! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

So excited that you are getting so close!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #56
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
You have SUCH a gorgeous family!! I love all the pics! And I really love Hannah's Nemo dress! Adorable! How did Hollie like Princess Camp? What kind of fun stuff did she do there? Looks awesome!

AW, thank you so much!!
Hollie absolutely loves Princess Camp. Every day they are paired with a different Princess. On the Ariel day they go outside and play with water, with Aurora they have tea parties, with Snow White they make crafts. Its a really cute camp for her!

You found some great things for them to wear! I love them! Especially pillowcase dresses! Precious!

Pop is the best! I have spent the majority of my trips there and I just adore it so much! Your ADR's sound so good too! I have been to 3/5 of those places and am a huge fan! You must have good taste!

I almost died from cuteness at that Grinch dress! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

So excited that you are getting so close!
I love the pillowcase dresses too. I wish I could make them though. lol

We love Pop too! Hollie likes seeing all the larger than life characters and I love how it has its own bus! lol

I know, I keep debating if I want to get it and let them change dresses once we switch over to Islands. Its just so dang cute though!! haha
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #57
hlrababy

Just a little update!!

The lady who makes the cute pillowcase dresses I buy for the girls is making me a Sponge Bob for both of them to wear to Universal. I am still debating on the Grinch one. Only because we are doing both parks in one day. I could take the dress with me and when we switch over to Islands, I could switch out the dresses. Chad said I just need to let them wear the one they have on. So, we will see

I went ahead and reserved an ADR for Sci-Fi just in case we go to DHS. MIL is all for it, but we don't want to be rushing around. We have an ADR at the luau that night, but only for me, Chad, and Hollie. I think we can get to DHS by 11 and do the Beauty and the Beast show, VoTLM, GMR, ST, and maybe MV.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #58
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Joining in, your girls are adorable and I love all the dresses.

I would probably not have them change either but then again, pillowcase dresses don't take up a lot of space and they can wear them for other things. The Grinch one is so cute!!!

I had one made for my godaughter last year, I hope they can join us on the next trip so I have an excuse to get another one made.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #59
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Joining in, your girls are adorable and I love all the dresses.

I would probably not have them change either but then again, pillowcase dresses don't take up a lot of space and they can wear them for other things. The Grinch one is so cute!!!

I had one made for my godaughter last year, I hope they can join us on the next trip so I have an excuse to get another one made.

Aw, thank you so much!! I am glad you are here!

They are all so cute I just can't decide!!

I wish I could make one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: