Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
akayek31
DIS Veteran

When you go to the MNSSHP do you wear a costume? I am having the worst time finding one that I like and that will fit. Tried ebay, Halloween City, Party City ect. I am about to go as myself

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #32
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
When you go to the MNSSHP do you wear a costume? I am having the worst time finding one that I like and that will fit. Tried ebay, Halloween City, Party City ect. I am about to go as myself
Hollie and Shelby wore one when we went and I wore a halloween type shirt. Now, when Chad and I take the girls down there next year for it, we are going to theme our costumes and all of us wear them.

I would go with something comfortable because the weather down in Orlando in October can still be a little warm.

One year my sister wore a grey t-shirt and carried around a squirt gun (I doubt you could do this at Disney though) and when people would ask what she was, she told them, "I'm cloudy with a chance of rain!"

I would suggest looking at this board

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=854129

People have posted what they wore to the MNSSHP and there are some really good ideas!

hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #33
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

yaaaay!!

Heather I'm so glad you started your PTR!!! I'm so happy yall are going around that time! I heard it's a great time to go!!! We might try to go for a couple nights around then to get our Christmas fix in!! I love it!!

Just finished your last tr and saw your photopass pics, they came out great!!

LOVE your little dresses you got the girls, so sweet. The red minnie one that Hollie already has is my favorite!!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I have read your other PTR/TR and I enjoy reading them! We are going to be in Disney around the same time you are and I can't wait to see all the decorations!! can't wait to read more

Tinkergurl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #35
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
Heather I'm so glad you started your PTR!!! I'm so happy yall are going around that time! I heard it's a great time to go!!! We might try to go for a couple nights around then to get our Christmas fix in!! I love it!!

Just finished your last tr and saw your photopass pics, they came out great!!

LOVE your little dresses you got the girls, so sweet. The red minnie one that Hollie already has is my favorite!!
Aw, thanks love!!!

You will have to let me know if ya'll go around that time. You know I would love to see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
Joining in! I have read your other PTR/TR and I enjoy reading them! We are going to be in Disney around the same time you are and I can't wait to see all the decorations!! can't wait to read more
Aw, thank you so much! I am so glad your here!

The decorations around that time are just gorgeous!!! Going to Disney for the Christmas decorations always makes me happy!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #36
hlrababy

So, I wanted to explain a few things that I plan on doing. I am also asking for help!

Since Hollie has no clue about this vacation at all. I want to do like a scavenger hunt/ridde type of letter for her before we leave so I can give that to her that morning. I am leaning more towards the letter with a riddle. I am so not good at these things!!! So if anyone has any ideas, please feel more than welcome to throw them my way.

The plan is to pick her up from school early that Monday and then we, along with Hannah, will take our dog to my parents house. Then we will come back home and load up in the car. She will still have no idea we are going. Then I want to give her a letter and let it be a riddle. Then about every hour I will give her another letter leading up to the surprise.

Also, I am on the hunt for a pillowcase dress. Yes, another one! lol

Since we are going to be visiting Universal that first day we are down there, I am wanting to get a pillowcase dress for the girls to wear. I am either leaning towards a Sponge Bob one so they can wear it to the Studios. Then I will take another one (if I can find it) and change it once we head over to Islands of Adventure. I was looking on the internet last night and realized they will be doing the Grinchmas when we are there. I have always wanted to be there for that! So I was thinking maybe a Grinch pillowcase dress to change into. Here is hoping I can find them!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #37
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
So, I wanted to explain a few things that I plan on doing. I am also asking for help!

Since Hollie has no clue about this vacation at all. I want to do like a scavenger hunt/ridde type of letter for her before we leave so I can give that to her that morning. I am leaning more towards the letter with a riddle. I am so not good at these things!!! So if anyone has any ideas, please feel more than welcome to throw them my way.

The plan is to pick her up from school early that Monday and then we, along with Hannah, will take our dog to my parents house. Then we will come back home and load up in the car. She will still have no idea we are going. Then I want to give her a letter and let it be a riddle. Then about every hour I will give her another letter leading up to the surprise.

Also, I am on the hunt for a pillowcase dress. Yes, another one! lol

Since we are going to be visiting Universal that first day we are down there, I am wanting to get a pillowcase dress for the girls to wear. I am either leaning towards a Sponge Bob one so they can wear it to the Studios. Then I will take another one (if I can find it) and change it once we head over to Islands of Adventure. I was looking on the internet last night and realized they will be doing the Grinchmas when we are there. I have always wanted to be there for that! So I was thinking maybe a Grinch pillowcase dress to change into. Here is hoping I can find them!
I wonder if you could find a "Thing 1 and Thing 2" pillow dresses. That would be cute.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #38
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I wonder if you could find a "Thing 1 and Thing 2" pillow dresses. That would be cute.

Oh my goodness, that would be adorable!!!!!! I am so glad you said that!! Thank you!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #39
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Following along on your PTR! So excited to hear about your upcoming birthday/holiday trip! I'd LOVE to do a Holiday trip one of these years--just need to convince the rest of the family

Your girls are adorable! I love all the little matching outfits you've bought for your trip! DH and I only have one little one for the time being (she's two months), but I know if our next one is also a girl, we'll be doing the same thing!! I remember always whining about it when my mom dressed my sister and I alike (I'm the oldest) but looking back now, it really was just too cute and I'm glad she did it! We have so many Disney pictures with us dressed the same! The really funny thing, we are 25 and 22 now, and still own some of the same clothing that we got together or something and have, on occassion, accidently worn the same thing at the same time (one of us always ends up changing now though!) Haha! It must be an unconcious habit! And, I'm so glad you mentioned Etsy, I always forget about it, but will definitely have to check it out for our trip next October, because those pillowcase dresses you found are amazing!

Looking forward to reading more!!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Following along on your PTR! So excited to hear about your upcoming birthday/holiday trip! I'd LOVE to do a Holiday trip one of these years--just need to convince the rest of the family

Your girls are adorable! I love all the little matching outfits you've bought for your trip! DH and I only have one little one for the time being (she's two months), but I know if our next one is also a girl, we'll be doing the same thing!! I remember always whining about it when my mom dressed my sister and I alike (I'm the oldest) but looking back now, it really was just too cute and I'm glad she did it! We have so many Disney pictures with us dressed the same! The really funny thing, we are 25 and 22 now, and still own some of the same clothing that we got together or something and have, on occassion, accidently worn the same thing at the same time (one of us always ends up changing now though!) Haha! It must be an unconcious habit! And, I'm so glad you mentioned Etsy, I always forget about it, but will definitely have to check it out for our trip next October, because those pillowcase dresses you found are amazing!

Looking forward to reading more!!
I am glad your here!

Yes, you need to visit during the Holidays. It just so nice!!!

AW, thank you so much!!! LOL Thats funny you mention the matching. My mom used to match me and my younger sister all the time when we were little. Even this past trip we took in October for our girls trip, we both pulled out the exact same shirt to wear on our MK day and we just laughed about it.
Oh I am addicted to etsy!! haha If only I could sew myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Subbing so I can catch up on everything!
Have I said how glad I am that your back!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #42
hlrababy

Okay, so I have the same lady who has made the girls Minnie pillow case dresses looking at making them a Sponge Bob one. Then I also found on etsy, the cutest Grinch ones! I am thinking I might change the dress as we leave the studios and go to Islands. How cute is this!!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #43
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Oh I love that dress! So cute! I wish my daughter wasn't getting too old for things like that! Your girls will be adorable!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #44
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...the riddle idea is so cute!! I can't think of anything clever though!! I have seen people do a puzzle sort of thing, gradually give pieces of a puzzle to someone, and then on the back it's written that they're going to Disney, which is another fun idea.

That Grinch dress is so adorable!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Oh I love that dress! So cute! I wish my daughter wasn't getting too old for things like that! Your girls will be adorable!
Aw thank you!! I dread the day that they don't want to match anymore or wear these kind of dresses. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hmmm...the riddle idea is so cute!! I can't think of anything clever though!! I have seen people do a puzzle sort of thing, gradually give pieces of a puzzle to someone, and then on the back it's written that they're going to Disney, which is another fun idea.

That Grinch dress is so adorable!!
Now that is a really good idea!!! I love that! Thanks girl!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: