Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
DawnM
Dawn

Is that through a consultant?

That is the one thing I don't like about so many of these products......the high sales pitch that comes with it to buy MORE stuff.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
From the time I was about 22-25 I used Artistry on my face... people would routinely think I was a HS student. I do not wear makeup, so this was just the soap, toner and lotion. Then I bounced around with over the counter stuff for about 5 years and I aged about 10 years in that span. In the spring I started using Arbonne and I look a bit better than I did a year ago.
So I would recommend either the Artistry or Arbonne (the RE age defying stuff) products.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
DawnM
Dawn

Did she get the 5th avenue purse? My friend has that and man, she can fit a couple of small kids in there!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2005 View Post
So far...my DD has been using the mud soap from Seacret and definitely a difference in the acne!

Also, we went to our first Thirty-one party maybe a year ago and DD bought a purse (well...probably a mini suitcase with the size of it! LOL!) & all I kept thinking was the way she throws purses around & it seemed to me that since it was thin fabric that it would certainly wear a hole/rip/snag or whatever -- NOPE...I've been amazed at its durability. I thought for sure it would have fallen apart by now based on my experience with fabrics (i.e...holes in jeans, fraying, etc...).

Other than that, I don't really use make-up so I can't tell you about any of the Mary-Kay, Avon, etc... products that I absolutely love.

I also know that Discovery Toys stands behind their prodcuts very well but I haven't had any of their products in over 17 years.

I'm involved with a company that uses a similar sales model but not any of the above. I'm always interested to see what is being sold this way when I go to my networking meetings. I was trying to figure out the other day if you could buy everything you needed via direct sales/mlm people & I think you pretty much could. LOL!

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
bebelle
DIS Veteran

Burt's Bees Chapstick
Philosophy Hope In a Jar, Purity and Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

Artistry is through Amway, I agree that the makeup and face products are very good.

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
AlwaysEeyore
Always Gloomy . . . except in "The World"

I love Shaklee Vivix. It has worked wonders for my arthritis. Hubby swears by the vitamins also. I'm a distributor too, helps me get the products a lot cheaper.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
kamom
Earning My Ears

AquaPhor lotion on my face and lips every morning and night! Burts Bees lip balm during the day!
kamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #22
RumpleMom
DIS Veteran

Wendell August Forge

Wendell August Forge is the last hand-wrought decorative metal company in the US.

They make beautiful servings pieces, Christmas ornaments, company logo items and now jewelry.

I always start my Christmas shopping at their website.
RumpleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #23
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

Chapstick . Good Old Fashion black label Chapstick . Swear by
Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy2u View Post
Chapstick . Good Old Fashion black label Chapstick . Swear by
I am not a chapstick user but my dh and ds are. I used to buy the big assorted pack at Sams or Costco.....but no more because thet only want to use the black one. I have bought them, Burts bees, Alba , Carmex, Blistex etc. but they only want the black chapstick. What is so special about the black chapstick?
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #25
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame View Post
I am not a chapstick user but my dh and ds are. I used to buy the big assorted pack at Sams or Costco.....but no more because thet only want to use the black one. I have bought them, Burts bees, Alba , Carmex, Blistex etc. but they only want the black chapstick. What is so special about the black chapstick?

Its hard to explain but there is nothing like it LOL I once forgot my Chapstick in the room and didnt know till I reached for it in the backpack on Main street and I left and went back for it in the room granted it was only getting back on the boat and going back to WL but I was I couldnt go all day without it .

When I travel out of the Country I take 12 of them with me LOL I met a guy on a cruise that only would use Cherry Chapstick and we sat for like 2 hours trying to figure out what was in Chapstick that makes you addicted

You are a WONDERFUL wife and Mother keep on buying them black chapstick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: