Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
steve76
Mouseketeer

DME Split Stay Return Confirmation Confusion!

Hi - I hope no-one minds but I've posted this in the Resorts and the UK forums as I figured you guys may be able to help.

I have a split stay coming up. When we booked it (AGES ago!), we used the online system to book the DME for arrival to Resort#1, and for departure at Resort#2.

Immediately after booking, we had two emails saying "thank you for submitting your request" with all the correct details. So far, so good.

Then, 6 months later (!) we received an email confirming the DME for arrival to Resort#1, twice. Identical emails, no mention of Resort#2. No confirmation was ever received for departing the second resort.

I assumed everything was OK, but then I started to get worried, so today I called just to check that the return from Resort#2 was definitely booked. I called Disney UK reservations, who said that they could not find it, so they transferred me to the DME people who said that they cannot confirm anything until we have arrived and have a room number.

Now I'm confused. Is this normal? Do I just assume that we are booked? How can we find out?

[I should add - since we're in the UK we don't get the printed vouchers or tags]
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Seems a bit odd. We have done split stays several times and always book DME online with no problems. We usually receive confirmation within a day or 2 though. Not sure if ours would be handled through different people as we are DVC members.

I wouldn't worry though, last year we had to change resorts mid stay due to a problem with our room and we changed our DME a few days before departure. I think they only need 48 hours notice so although it's not ideal you'll definitely be able to sort it when you arrive
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
cazzie
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we have done a couple of split stays and we just book it with the front desk a couple of days before we fly back. Never had any problems although one time we did book it but I didn't get a written confirmation (they normally leave them on your door) but it was okay as bell services gave me a slip for the ME driver.

I did ask the at the ME desk when we arrived and I was told as I was changing resorts I just needed to ask for the ME when I arrived at our final resort.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani
cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: