Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

This part will probably be a little hectic so bare with me. There's a couple dining and drinking things that happen in this chunk but are small bits so I'm going to include them both here and in the dining report.

After my long stay in the Land, I figured a drink was in order. I was also really tired so I figured I could just sit and people watch while I sipped. Then after that I'd go to the International Gateway and boat my way to Beach Club for lunch.

What I really wanted was a Torontopolitan from Canada. I'd seen pictures and I love normal cosmos so this was calling to me. I looked...and looked....and looked. I couldn't for the life of me find the stupid thing. I looked at every kiosk there and no one had it on their menu. I didn't even see anyone with a drink in their hand other than beer. Yeah asking probably should have been my next step but at this point it didn't occur to me and I figured I'd just keep going til I found something else I wanted.

I went into the pub in UK remembering that I'd been reading about the Welsh Dragon and thought it sounded pretty good, but I was a little hesitant with the melon and peach combined with the mint flavor. To me that just wasn't computing. I'm stealing (sort of) this picture because I didn't take a picture of mine.http://drinkingdisney.wordpress.com/...tmas-drink-10/ As I waited for the bartender to make it, this old guy was trying to mack it on both me AND the other girl behind the bar. "Oh where you from? My kids are all grown but I'm still a child at heart *glugs beer* so what do you do? Ah where's your husband? Boyfriend? What's a gal like you doing by herself *muffled burp*" Dude, really? Both me and the bartender are easily young enough to be your daughters. And just to be clear, this didn't come across as just friendly chit chat, it had the tone of "I don't want to go home from last call alone"

I asked for my drink to go (rather loudly hoping this dude would get the hint) and I ended up sitting outside at one of the little wire tables and made a phone call home. I had quite a nice little buzz going by the time I left. That drink is delicious!! It's sweet but not sugary, and very refreshing. Its only like $6.50 too, and I think it's a fairly sizable drink. I'd absolutely get it again.

As I sat there, I realized I really wasn't hungry. Like...at all. I'd budgeted all my meals out already and I knew there wasn't another signature I would be willing to try to leave Epcot for (but thinking back now I'm realizing I should have seen if Le Cellier would have a walk up. I'm a bit disgusted with myself now. It just goes to show you how tired I really was.) I'd been rather looking forward to trying Beaches and Cream but since I didn't have an actual ADR looming over my head, I just skipped lunch. In doing this, I came home with a full deluxe dining credit left over So instead of eating, I just continued my sleep world tour.

I've really gotten WS down to a science as far as what I'm interested in. I don't spend any time in several countries other than the time it takes to walk through them. After the UK, I skipped my way up to my favorite pavillion, Japan! I love the CMs here because they're so friendly, especially if you can at least say "hi, how are you?" in Japanese. It's like their proud of you for making an effort. Miyuki was just finishing a show when I walked up, so as she cleaned up I used my very basic Japanese to say hi and she (I think) always says to come back to the next show and I planned on it anyway. I figured in the meantime I'd go in and pick my pearl.

There were a few people milling around the tanks, like they were trying to make up their minds if they wanted to do it or not. I paid and was the only person who was actually picking so of course it's all eyes on me at this point which kind of sucked. I've tried the hairy pearl trick the past few times but I have mixed luck with it. This time I got a 7 1/2 mm pinkish pearl. Let me say that I can't figure out how they see the color in them. I mean sure if it's very obviously gold or pink or black, but when it's essentially white with just that cast of another color... I only see it if I put one against another. Like I can look at mine and see how one is white, one is a goldish white, and one is a pinkish white but if I only looked at one at a time I wouldn't be able to see the difference.

After I had my pearl, I figured I'd sit outside by Miyuki's cart in case there was a crowd. I shouldn't have worried. There was only 2 other adult couples waiting and I'm not sure if they were doing it on purpose or just that there was seating there. There was a nice breeze so I sat by the clue for Kim Possible/Phinaes and Ferb thing and wrote a bit until the show started.

I could watch and listen to Miyuki all day. It's like she sings while she talks. I've been lucky enough now to be picked twice and 1 gifted to me (longish story, PM if you're interested) She started off with her flamingo which I think it standard issue now. I was the first picked and now I try to think of stuff I've never seen her do, or at least haven't seen in person. I opted for a blue octopus! At first as she started to make it, it seemed so simple but she kept adding to it and putting in little details and frankly I think it's the best one Other folks picked a green dragon, a dolphin, and a pink unicorn. The unicorn was the only one picked by a kid.

After the show, I got to talking to a couple and I believe their mother (well, one of their mothers..you know what I mean) about how Miyuki doesn't give the candy out anymore and how many theories there are about why. I debated getting henna in Morocco but decided against it and just kept walking. As I got up to American Adventure I saw the show had a 5 minute wait and I'd never seen it before so I thought why not. I managed to catch the tail end of the Voices of Liberty and they're amazing. The show on the other hand. I can really say I'm a huge fan here. It's cute but it's long and to me feels a bit like Hall of Presidents 2.0. Not to mention the ac was on so high that I was freezing and it was making me even more sleepy than I already was. I saw several other people who were dozing as well. If nothing else, I've discovered a new napping place.

After that, I knew I had to eat a little something before dinner as it was still like 3 hours away. I thought a little sugar rush might be a good idea and there was no way I was gonna pass it up again, so my next stop was Germany for Karamel Kuche! I walked through it on my last trip but we were so full from other stuff that day it just wasn't in the cards. This time however...oh baby I was getting me some caramel!

There was a bit of a line in front of me (maybe 5 parties) so it gave me a little time to think about it. What I'd really wanted was a salted caramel. I discovered those a few years ago and fell in love. I was happy to see they had them and in both milk and dark chocolate. Now what you should understand here is that after seeing pictures of them on here, I thought "man what a ripoff, a snack credit for that?" because all the pictures had nothing else in them for a size reference. To me, they looked the same size as what you'd find in like, a box of candy at Valentine's day. Like this.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I realized it was actually like this

That's the first section of my pointer finger. That thing had to be like 2 inches across and about a half an inch tall!! And good lord was it delicious. Firm but supple, chewy but not gummy. It was be nice to split but I did manage to finish it because I'm not the type of girl willing to let good caramel go to waste.

After my "lunch" I kept truckin on and got to Norway. The Maelstrom had a 10 minute wait posted that clicked over to 15 before I even got in the building. I really should have turned around because it was actually about a 25 minute wait and that's just not worth it. I ended up joking with the couple in front of me in line. Well...at least the guy. The girl looked at us like we were nuts. Ahead of this couple some guy was letting 30 ft gaps in the line open because he just had to get everything on video. I was tired and cranky and apparently mumbled out loud "cause you know he's gonna go home and watch that clip over and over..." The guy heard me, laughed and said "You should underestimate the powerful draw of maps!". I said "Wait til you see the other side of this line with the little creepy kid. They'd never noticed it before so I managed to convert more people into the creepy kid club. They were in the row in front of me on the boat which took a minute to launch and we just kept going with stupid jokes.

Him: "man you'd think they could afford to paint some pants on that guy" (meaning the viking)
Me: "Yeah but at least he's safe and won't have his hand cut off while someone else guts a fish"
Him: "Ah Norway, where you can see Cavemen and homicidal children" gesturing to the mural
Me: "and go sailing"
Him: "and take a cruise"
Me: "and drill for oil!"

If you are the girlfriend or wife of this guy, I'm so sorry. We just got on a roll and couldn't stop. I know you thought we were out of our minds and at that point, I pretty much was. It probably didn't help when we got stuck in the very first part of the ride in complete darkness and I said "well that's it, this Norwegian cruise sucks and I want a refund."

After that, I hobbled my way to Mexico. You have to understand my feet were in agony at this point. I could barely put pressure on them. I couldn't even bring myself to try to stairs to I shuffled my way up the ramp. I meandered around thinking maybe here I could find a decent gift for my mom's birthday but I failed miserably. I didn't even bother with the ride (I miss the old one)

Shuffling and grunting along I went, and I was nearly ready to leave the park because I was so tired and in so much pain with my feet. I'd been carrying around a pair of flipflops (Teva Mush, love them) but had stayed away from them figuring since my ankles had been an issue the sneaker was the better support option. I found a bench right by the giftshop , I think it's called Gateway Gifts. I managed to wiggle my feet out of my sneakers and peeled off my socks and gave myself a mini massage right there. My feet were so swollen I could barely get them into my sandals and keep in mind they're normally a little loose on me. What a difference! I didn't feel like crying anymore. I got a plastic bag from the giftshop to put my sneakers in and made my way over to Universe of Energy.

I never realized they close that a little while before the park closes so 7pm was the last show. I scored a row to myself, which wasn't exactly hard but the row behind me had a 5 or 6 person group and I don't know why they didn't spread out more. Once the ride started I had my sandals off and gave myself a 37 minute long massage, alternately putting my feet up on the bench. I heard snickering behind me and the mom from the group behind me says "I don't blame you, I'd do it too if I had the room!" That little rest made a world of difference in that I could walk like an upright human again. But I was still very very tired.

I didn't feel like dealing with Imagination, and I thought I'd hit the Land again after dinner. I decided I'd just hang out with the fishies until dinner. Of course the ride had no wait but man I wish they'd go through and close some of the switchbacks because no one wants to walk all the way through that line when there's no one ahead of them!! I was a bit disappointed because the angler fish wasn't working.

**Aside** the first time I rode Nemo, I thought the angler fish was a puppet being held by somewhere wearing all black, kind of like Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I also thought they'd rush towards the vehicle and try to scare people and I was for a split second absolutely terrified of that thing

Post Nemo, I started walking around the aquariums and I was so tired I couldn't tell you now a single thing I saw. I went to go down the escalator. I looked down to step onto one of the stairs and the motion made me very very off balance and I realized I was leaning forward, out over the stairs. I started to windmill, trying to use the railings to push myself back upright but since the railings were also moving down so it took a bit of effort to get up and back from the escalator. I realized that I'd finally reached the point that I was so tired it was getting dangerous for me to keep walking around. It was almost like I was drunk. I went and took the elevator instead and decided it was time to just go over to Coral Reef and if I had to wait, it was no big deal.

Next up: Tankside? and riding the chocolate wave.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #32
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Tankside? and riding the chocolate wave

...bet you thought I'd abandoned this didn't you? What can I say? I was working 2 jobs and with the holidays...I just couldn't focus enough to continue this. But I'm back and if anyone wants to yell at me for making you wait so long, feel free. If you pick this up with this post or as a completed report, tough cookies, you had no wait time so no yelling for you!

So we left off with me nearly collapsing in the Seas. Rather than push it, I headed down to Coral Reef. When I got there I thought it'd be busier with people lingering over meals or people that had been waiting for a seat (like walk ups) but it wasn't bad. There were a few people lingering around the lobby but not what anyone could ever call "crowded". When I checked in, I said "Hey I'm early so if I have to wait it's no big deal. But do you know if there might be any tank sides coming up?" The hostess said they can put the request in but there's no guarantee. I said "that's totally cool, no worries if you can't." The hostess looked happy that I was so understanding about it. I said that I get it, and I work with customers too so I'm sure they get lots of crazies that demand fishy entertainment while they eat. The hostess next to mine kind of looked around to see how many people were around and said "Oh my god you have no idea! I had a man request a private booth once." Well it'd be easier if I just do this as a conversation...

Me- "That's totally cool, no worries if you can't"
Hostess 1- *small sigh of relief*
Me- "I get it, I work with customers too and I'm sure you get lots of crazies that demand fishy entertainment while they eat"
Hostess 2- "Oh my god you have no idea! I had a man request a private booth once"
Me- "What do you mean? Like not to share with someone like on those big curving benches with 2 tables?"
Hostess 2- "No, a booth in a separate room where they could still see the tank but no other people"
Hostess 1 (who I should say was training)- "Do we have that?"
Hostess 2- "No, and when I told him this he flipped out and started ranting about how rich he was and how we needed to figure something out"
Me- "It's at that point you want to say "Well sir we can set you up with a table outside and put a fishbowl on it!" don't you?"

Hostess 1 and 2 are trying not to laugh because there's another CM approaching the desk so I figured I'd let them get back to work and went to sit and wait. I ended up waiting 15 or 20 minutes and was still seated before my actual ADR time.

You'll have to head over to my dining report to find out how it went BUT I will tell you one little tidbit I noticed. People ask how many tables tankside there are and how it's configured. When I was there 4 4 tops and 8 2 tops. I didn't draw a chart so I can't be sure if this is entirely correct but if I remember correctly there's 4 "windows". Each "window" has 1 4 top and 2 2 tops associated with it. My table was one of the 2 tops, but not the one directly against the window but 1 removed from it. In the future I won't bother asking for it. It wasn't super crowded in the restaurant but there were a few kids that would try to get up to the tank and one lovely father who brought his child over and let him stand on the table that WAS right against the tank which had just been cleaned and reset. Like really dude? I will bean you in the head with a spoon. Or better yet...I have sharper stuff around...I mean...here's the dining link! http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=32

Post meal, I was really fighting with myself over what to do. I'd purposely planned this as my Epcot night because of EMH. I wanted to putz around but I had just plain and simply reached my exhaustion point. If for nothing else, I figured I'd just walk slowly...take in what I could. At least sitting while eating had given my feet a much needed respite, so I managed to walk a little less, well..shuffly. I noticed as I made my way up to the front of the park that SSE didn't have a line and thought I should at least get 1 more ride in. To be honest though, it just made me see that it's no longer my favorite ride. I made my way out of the park and thought "What did I do wrong here?"

Epcot is my favorite park, why didn't I enjoy it? Well, that's too strong, more why didn't I enjoy it as much as I normally do? I think I was just pushing myself too hard. Not in that I was rushing around the park because I wasn't, at all, just that I was on so little sleep and all that. Now I know what all these little kids the parents push through the parks must feel like.

So once I got back to Pop, I knew I had to get a few things done. First I had to stop at the gift shop and well, shop! I had money that needed to be spent darn it! Plus I had to get those golfballs right? (told you this would come back!) So I'm meandering around, and I found the cutest purse. I'll have to take a picture of it later and add it. I also got a Haunted Mansion mystery pin pack and I looked all around for golf balls. Eventually I thought "this is silly" so I just asked. Apparently mid September isn't "golfball season" I can just imagine the look on my face. Golf balls have a season? Did the crop have a bad year? I don't get it. So here I am thinking "Crap! Why did I wait?!?!" I couldn't believe that of all the friggin things to not be able to find it's golf balls. I was tempted to get an SSE antenna ball and be like "well some people call it a golf ball....?" and hope my smile would get me through. At least I had the rice crispie treat, because without that I would have been toast.

I went back to the room and started packing, knowing I had to be on the ball the next morning. Now...here's where things get a little weird. The night before when I showered, I had kicked my dirty clothes out of the bathroom and quite frankly forgot about them until right then as I was walking back to the room. I figured I'd take a shower again, then start packing. Looking down by the sink area, I didn't see my clothes and I'm thinking "Where the hell are they?" Any other time I've ever stayed at a hotel if I left dirty clothes on the bed, that's where they stayed, or if they were on the floor, they ended up on the bed or by the suitcase....Not that I make a habit of leaving dirty clothes hanging all over my room, but it's happened.... So I get out of the shower and I'm looking all over for my clothes (which was socks, undies, and a shirt) and I'm thinking "did this mousekeeper throw them out?!" I open my suitcase and start packing my stuff away and in one of the pockets as I stick my hand in there....I feel clothes. Very neatly folded are my crusty socks, my shirt and my panties folded and tucked into the shirt.

What...
the...
hell?

Let me be very clear here. My suitcase had been sitting on the second bed, zipped closed. I found these clothes on an inside pocket, folded and zipped into said pocket. Why would she fold what was very obviously dirty, let alone go into my suitcase? I've never had anything like that happen before. I didn't know whether to be mad or grossed out or what. I didn't think it was enough to call the desk over but I was certainly thrown by the whole thing

Next...well I'm not entirely sure because I can barely read my own handwriting from this point.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #33
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Ummmm...ewwww!

We've been going to WDW annually for about 13 years, and have never had a maid "repack" our dirty clothes. That would make me feel a bit violated. I don't think I've read that here before either. For me, kind of on the same ewww level as the old guy you encountered in the bar.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
jenabelle
Earning My Ears

Where did you go? I found your Trip Report, started reading, wanted to recruit readers because a well written amusing Trip Report deserves followers and then almost went out and jumped in a snowbank when I got here and found no ending. Your trip report kept me giggling on the couch as Winter Storm Nemo buried us overnight in 2 feet of snow- thank you for sharing this. I love your writing “voice” and I look forward to reading about the end of this trip and perusing your other reports.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: