Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
tom in ct.
Mouseketeer

Ramblings and Reviews of our 9 day vacation Jan.24th-Feb.1st

Were do i start??? This could get UGLY ! First three days we stayed at *** so lets start by getting the ugly card out of the way for this part of our stay! Day two we have a three car caravan heading back to the resort, the first car contained my aunt and uncle in there 60s, the second car contained my daughter 25 and son-in-law who is 26 and african american and the third car contained myself 49 my wife 47 and my other daughter 22! Now get ready here comes the ugly!! OK so all cars have the resort parking pass in the front window and all parties in all cars have room keys! the first car containing aunt and uncle pull up to the key kiosk were they have a guard on duty i guess for the busy times of day?? they are waived through without even showing a room key! the second car pulls up containing my daughter and son in law they are stopped and my son in law is asked for his room key the guard sticks it in the kiosk pulls it out and says to him this key is no good "SON" were are you staying and he replies all star sports? The guard then says i don't think your telling me the truth?? Then my son politely explains i am sir and points to the parking pass on the dashboard and the guard sharply replies "SON" that pass is only for access to parking at the theme parks? and then says to him i'm going to have to see some identification as my son in law hands it to him he says could you please sir try my key again again the guard sharply replies I'll handle this "SON" He then puts the key back in the key kiosk and the gate goes up! he hands my son in law his drivers license back and without even a apology he says please pull forward your backing up my line! Now i pull up and without even showing my key card he waves me through! I really don't have to say anymore do I ? Did i witness what i think i witnessed? That happened on our second day and on our third day but not to the same severity ! Now that i have that sticky part out of the way, Onto dining OHANA's were do i start ummm lets just say never again our server Kalahni ? Awful, i've been to Ohana's for about 6 years in a row now and it has been a tradition i know they have a rep for rush rush rush! But he took it to new heights! I picked the wrong year to actually time it! from the time we were seated right at 5:00 to the time he came over with the first skewer of meat?? Drum roll please! 7 and a half minutes! In that seven and a half minutes he managed to serve our drinks salads and the appetizer plates! REALLY ! it was just to much for me to take ! I said Politely when he came over with the first skewer of meat could we please have a few more minutes we haven't even finished our salads! Well he looked at me like i just called his mother a bad name. after that it was all downhill he decided he was going to take it to the extreme we saw no meat for a half hour no drink refills and every time i tried to ask him something he would just rush by and say I'll be back! he finally sent another server/helper over with meats at a snails pace and when it was time for dessert he brought over one skillet for the ten of us I guess he showed us who was boss! Now onto LeCellier 12:00 reservation for four. We are seated promptly by the hostess and she gives us our menus and says your server will be Shawn and he'll be right with you and boy she wasn't kidding! she walks away and and here comes Shawn ! We get the quick spiel of were he's from and he ask can i get you folks something to drink? YES two diet cokes and two ice waters please! and then he says are you ready to order? I looked at him and said Shawn we haven't even opened the menus yet! NO problem take your time I'll get you some bread ! Whatever! Two minutes later here is the bread. YES actually two minutes later! He then has the brain power again to ask are you folks ready to order? "NO" So now we'll play the game he comes back 5 minutes later and ask how are we doing ? "fine" we'll all have the cheddar soup! And what would you like for your meal? "were still looking at the menu" Even though we knew we were all getting the over priced filet! But if we ordered then i doubt if we would of gotten on spool of soup down before the steak came! Now the ball goes back in his court! NO drink refills no more bread , can't find him with a search warrant! Finally i had enough! We all order our steaks and he asks anything else to go with your meal/ And i replied yes the check please! Sure enough he brings us our overpriced steaks 5 minutes later accompanied by our check. You gotta laugh! If it wasn't for us slowing him down we would of done drinks appetizer and meals in under 20 minutes not bad for a $240 relaxing meal with tip! OH and FYI your not aloud anymore to get a ressie at LeCellier and just have bread sticks soup and a dessert you must order a meal and if you don't you will be billed the lowest priced entree on the menu for everyone in the party! NICE! Don't believe me go try! Now onto the more positive part of our vacation ! One word "SUSHI" at the CG amazing unrushed indulgence! That's all i have to say! Next> trails end breakfast buffet such a great bang for your BUCK at your own pace to boot! The pulled pork eggs Benedict on a biscuit is AMAZING! I think i had six of them! The next five days we spent at BCV we're dvc members and i have to say we had rooms 105 107 and 103 and there getting tired! washer and dryer looked like someone hit it with a sledge hammer! rust dripping from the hinges on the refrigerator cracked shelving stained carpet cigarette burns on the vanity banged up woodwork the whole room was just overall very tired! But we were home so we made the best of it! Other little tid bits ESPN club for lunch was good Ribs at flame tree barbeque are always a must! Pecos bills and the fixin bar is Fabulous! And for anyone that ventures off property the Philly cheese steak hamburger at Checkers for $2 YES I said checkers is delicious along with there dollar order of spicy fries and there chocolate shake and i assure you that you will achieve a food climax!In the end I'm sorry i have to say goodbye to my TIW card even with that 20% discount the service portion and price has just become unacceptable! I'm guessing it has something to do with all the suppressed "FREE dining offers" either way goodbye disney table service! the end!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Tiggeye
Been there, done that, going back

Lightbulb

Have to agree, we went to Le Cellier in November we were not pleased with our meal either. Time to give it a rest for a few years.

We always go to CG, my daughter loves their sushi. We took a trip in January because Yoshie is leaving. (We will miss Yoshie and wish her luck with her new endeavors)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: