Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
Sounds like you ate like I expect we would. The kids meals are not good for my kids who are used to eating whole foods. I cannot serve my son processed mac and cheese every day for a week just because he is young. And we prefer to go to the bakery, candy store later over eating dessert after the meal too.

If we luck out and get FD, of course, I will do it, because it is still a lot cheaper than the RO discount for us, but otherwise, I think I will skip it.
My kids are about the same ages as yours (14, 11, and 4) and without the dining plan it works well to have the 11yo, who loves adult foods but is in no way ready for adult-sized portions, share with the 4yo. Disney restaurants are great about that, and many times will split the entree in the kitchen rather than leaving it for you to do at the table. On our last (free) DDP trip we left about half of DD4's kids' TS credits unused, which I don't mind when we're getting the plan for free but it tips the scales quite a bit when paying for the plan, particularly with the very narrow savings margins in the 2013 pricing.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Jenio
DVC Member

We did not use the dp the first time we went, tried it the 2nd time, and went without it this last May. We spent more money without it. Having said that I went with my hubby, ds 11, and ds 8. My boys are pigs. They like the whole meal. My hubby does not want to go on vacation without dessert. I too enjoy my food. Vacations are for enjoyment in my opinion. This coming April we will be using the dp. It's paid up front and I know we don't have to watch what we eat until we come home. Then it's back to all natural!
Jenio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: