Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #31
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

side note: hope these reviews are helping some of you! i'm not getting much feedback but i do hope i am helpful!

LUNCH @ LE CELLIER

i lucked out grabbing a last minute ADR to le cellier. my daughter fell asleep during the walk to le cellier & i almost wished i did not have an ADR as food & wine fest was happening & the park was virtually empty. alas, i've never been to le cellier & thought i would stick with my ADR & give it a try.

i have great friends who live in montreal & have visited frequently. i was excited about having poutine (steak fries with cheese curds & gravy) as i ran out of both gravy & cheese curds at my house. i also wanted to taste the le cellier signature dish of filet mignon with mushroom risotto.

i was 20 minutes early for my ADR & they could not seat me. i was hoping to be able to eat in peace as my daughter was sleeping but that would not be the case. she finally awoke & we were seated.

the inside was dimly lit. we were seated at the end of the bench seating with a very small table. the table was very small & i felt like we did not have enough room to eat. we were also seated by the main aisle so there was a ton of foot traffic as we were eating.

the pre-fixe menu for lunch.

our server was from ontario & she was super nice & very accomodating. she brings out the very yummy bread basket. the bread was warm & delicious.

pretzel bread was amazing!

i order poutine as my appetizer. i could not wait to sink my teeth into some poutine.

POUTINE

i was so disappointed in the poutine. the steak fries were proper as was the gravy but the cheese itself was not cheese curds. it actually resembled and looked like a mild cheddar cheese. i was so looking forward to the cheese curds being ooey gooey as it melted with the warm gravy but instead i got this mess. i think le cellier should really be ashamed of this poutine. i've had better poutine from a mcdonald's in montreal. in the many years i've travelled to montreal, i've never had a yellow cheese poutine.

for my entree, i ordered the signature dish. my daughter had pasta tossed in butter and cheese.

she did not care too much for the pasta. it was a wasted $5.99. however, it was very nice of them to accomodate her as she does not like red sauce at all.

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce $27.99

if i'm not mistaken, this is a 5oz portion of the filet while dinner is an 8oz portion. the filet was cooked a perfect medium. it was well seasoned & very good. the risotto had a deep mushroom flavor (i'm a fan of mushrooms) but it was rather stiff & very thick. maybe they added something at the end to thicken the risotto or it was plated too early.

the dish itself wasn't life changing as others have posted online. the dish was good but maybe i expected too much? i thought it was a great price for the signature dish. would i return & order it again? probably not.

member of the clean plate club.

onwards to dessert...

Vanilla ice cream w/sprinkles
this was my daughters favorite part of the meal.

No sugar added: Spice-poached apples, puffed pastry & vanilla honey mascarpone cream
le cellier was the only place to do something special for my "personal triumph" addition to my reservations. this was both savory & perfectly sweet. some parts of the puff pastry was a bit hard but overall, i did enjoy this dessert.

i'm glad i got to try le cellier as i really did luck out scoring an ADR. i think i had too many expectations for le cellier. the lunch was lovely but i don't think i will be ordering these dishes again. i have an ADR for lunch next saturday but i'm not quite sure if i am going to keep it. if i do keep it, i definitely want to try some other dishes!

up next, MNSSHP & COSMIC RAY'S!

Last edited by emmebear; 11-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

What the heck is that poutine! It's like they layered that plastic cheese sauce with gravy. Yuck. Real poutine needs to have the curds, the fresher, the better. When the curds are really fresh, they actually squeek under the teeth.

I'm sorry your experience at Le Cellier was lackluster. I,m very weary of eating there because I feel it's overhyped and we are not huge steak/beef eaters. And stiff risotto is a sure sign that it was prepared in advance.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #33
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Thank for your reviews!! I really enjoyed reading them. Your daughter is so adorable. I love her pictures with the princesses!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am here. I absolutely love your reviews! And especially your photos!

I am so mad because somehow I got dust in my sensor during my trip. Now I gotta get it out.. Any tips??

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #35
CS3SONS
Earning My Ears

Love your reviews! Your daughter is so cute and your pictures amazing.

CS3SONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #36
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you weren't blown away by LC
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

As a Canadian...

NOPE that does not pass as poutine!

Loving your reviews, though! Have been reading along and finding them really helpful!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #38
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

thanks for reading along & the nice comments!

my montreal friends visited me on my birthday last year in florida & brought some poutine fixings for me. it sure beat the poutine @ le cellier.

poutine = heaven on a plate

@rachel09985, i've never gotten dust on my sensor. there are some tutorials on youtube & i've read a few articles. is it bad? can you not edit out using photoshop or whichever program you use?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #39
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I thought I read somehwere that LC does a different poutine at dinner than what you were served at lunch. Which makes no sense to me. Why would you have two different versions with the lunch version not being anything that someone familiar with poutine would enjoy? Go figure.

Thanks for the reviews!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #40
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post

@rachel09985, i've never gotten dust on my sensor. there are some tutorials on youtube & i've read a few articles. is it bad? can you not edit out using photoshop or whichever program you use?
It is a dark spot. I was able to edit it out but it still annoys me!

I think I am going to try that air blower thing first!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #41
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

MNSSHP & DINNER @ COSMIC RAY'S

this was our very first MNSSHP & we were so excited. we had started our day with lunch @ CRT. hurricane sandy brought dark skies & a little bit of rain & then lots of humidity for the party. i'm glad it stopped raining but the humidity for the thursday night party rivaled a hot summer night in florida in july. it was that humid!

emme & i in front of ursula (our room section) before heading off to the party. my friend sophie of sewsmooth created matching tutu/dress for us. she surprised me with a tutu stating "no one is too old for a tutu".

front entrance of MK

after entering MK, there were cm's passing out candy bags to all the guests. i forgot one of three pumpkins that emme had for halloween. booo! but, it was so awesome to see the MK decked out for halloween. i saw glimpses of it during our last trip. disney knows how to decorate to the max! MK was packed with tons of people. it was difficult to move around with a jogging stroller. we veered right and headed towards fantasyland. i had everything mapped out of where to go, who to see but it was so humid & with the crowds, i just decided to wing it.

mad hatter & emme

we lucked out as there was no wait for the mad hatter (no alice yet) who was signing autographs in front of the tea cups. he was hilarious! very quirky & strange but really great. we rode the tea cups twice with no wait.

after the tea cups, i saw the almost empty line for pooh & friends. when we approached, she said that pooh would return an hour later. after 10 minutes, i saw people being ushered back into line. another person stated that this was the "stand by" line now. i was annoyed as now there were about 10 families in front of us. if it wasn't so darn humid, my annoyance would have been minimal. lucky for us, we got to see pooh & friends while waiting in the stand by line.

picture taken my pooh's handler. both this picture and the photopass picture are equally bad. but hey, pooh & friends were very cute & emme loved every minute of it.

after a few more rides, emme said that she was hungry. i really wanted to try columbia harbour house but seeming we were very close to COSMIC RAY'S i decided that we would eat there. again, if it weren't so humid, i would have made my way to CHH but i was losing all will power at this point.

once entering COSMIC RAY'S, i headed towards the chicken bay. however, the chicken bay was closed. i was distraught at this point as emme was getting a wee bit cranky & she does not eat hamburgers or sandwiches. we eat primarily korean food at our house so branching out to american food has been a challenge. i knew emme would eat the chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans.

as i was staring at the revolving menu at the burger bay, on the last screen was the 1/2 rotisserie chicken meal. i thought i might be hallucinating so i stared for one more rotation. ha. i really wanted the 1/2 rotisserie chicken with bbq rib combo but only the 1/2 rotisserie chicken was available.

ordering was quick & efficient. i ordered the meal with mashed potatoes & green beans, a soft drink for me, a milk & a chocolate gelato for emme. the total cost of the meal was aout $17.00 but i used 1 QS on our dining plan.

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $9.69

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $9.69

i wasn't expecting very moist chicken so i got some bbq sauce from the toppings bar. much to my amazement, the chicken was super moist & really good, even the breast meat. emme loved the chicken. the mashed potatoes were tasty but the green beans were very salty. actually, the green beans were inedible because they were so salty. i was surprised as to how much she ate. she really enjoyed the chicken & i'm glad we made a stop to COSMIC RAY'S. it seemed like a great value for a QS & the meal itself (minus the green beans) was rather tasty & fresh. thumbs up from me!

after our meal, we headed over to fantasyland. emme wanted to ride dumbo. i think she was more interested in the play area rather than the actual ride.

the wait/play area for dumbo

we rode dumbo going both directions. the line was empty! we spent more time in the play area than waiting in line.

as we were in fantasyland, it was time for hallo-wishes. i saw people around me just hanging out in the area (we were right by the carousel) & a CM said that this would be a great space to watch hallo-wishes. while we waited, daisy & disney were out & about to sign autographs & take pictures.

hallo-wishes was unbelievable! fireworks were shooting all around us. it was absolutely stunning. i turned into a little kid while watching the fireworks. it made being miserable in the humidity worth it.

emme was starting to get pretty sleepy at about the 10pm mark. we saw duffy in a pumpkin costume & got an autograph and photo.

after duffy, emme fell asleep in the stroller. i somehow made it to the seven dwarves. the line was very long but the dwarves were adorable!

i don't know which dwarf kissed my cheek but it was very cute.

the seven dwarves!

as i was trying to exit, i ended up in a long but empty line for candy. it was my only (unintentional) stop for candy. there were 5 stops on this path and i ended up filling the entire bag with candy.

while making another attempt to exit the park, the second round of the parade had started. all the characters were in the parade. i don't know how the cm's can keep up their energy but they were dancing & smiling. everyone was enjoying the parade.

i got one last glimpse of the castle & exited MK.

overall, MNSSHP was really fun despite being so humid. i wish emme hadn't fallen asleep as she would have loved the dwarves and the parade. i also enjoyed our meal @ COSMIC RAY'S & feel like it was a great meal! the food was fresh, hot & delicious. i didn't have high hopes as i know everything is mass produced but surprisingly enough, it was quite tasty.

up next, FOOD & WINE snacks & drinks.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #42
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I thought I read somehwere that LC does a different poutine at dinner than what you were served at lunch. Which makes no sense to me. Why would you have two different versions with the lunch version not being anything that someone familiar with poutine would enjoy? Go figure.

Thanks for the reviews!

Here is a pic that Ellen (podsnel) included in her recent live update of Le Cellier's dinner poutine...

Here is emmebear's pic of her lunch version of the poutine...

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #43
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP looks so much fun! We are going next year for the first time.

The chicken from Cosmic Rays looks quite yummy. Seems like a lot of food for just under $10
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

I've been following (lurking ) along too!! I'm loving the reviews and it's nice to read about the experiences with a smaller child as my DD will be turning 2 during our next trip! Love the MNSSHP, I can't wait to do that someday! And Emme is abosulutely adorable

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #45
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Here is a pic that Ellen (podsnel) included in her recent live update of Le Cellier's dinner poutine...

Here is emmebear's pic of her lunch version of the poutine...

poutine vs poutine.

a le cellier dinner time popped up & i have it booked for our upcoming trip. i'm almost tempted to go just to try the dinner poutine & see how it fares.

thanks for reading everyone!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: