Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Front to Back Stroller..... HELP

Has anyone ever gone to Disney with a front to back stroller? We were thinking of buying a cheap side by side umbrella stroller just or the trip (seemed more economical then renting one for more money, at least this way we could sell it afterwards)However now that we are really thinking about storage, cup holders, etc our front to back seems like a much better option. The only con is the bulkyness of it.
ANyone has experience taking these on the buses? Didnt you get any mean glares from other riders? Any thoughts or tips are welcome. Also I could still check it with the airline for free right?

Thanks a million from this very stressed out momma!!!
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
TeamTull
Earning My Ears

My sister had one and said it worked pretty well -- tough to navigate in some spots.
TeamTull is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Bump
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
TheWabbit
Earning My Ears

We have taken our Joovy Ergo Caboose Tandem twice to WDW. It folds well and I could stand next to it on the bus. I've used side by side strollers and they are a nightmare in crowds or in lines.
TheWabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
marmalade
DIS Veteran

If you think of it a side by side takes up just as much room as a front and back. I've never seen dirty looks towards people with strollers on the buses. If anything, when someone comes on with a stroller people try to help them out as best they can.

Take which ever stroller you think you will be more comfortable with.
marmalade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
mrjef
Mouseketeer

We take a front to back double stroller and it works great in the parks. However, we do not use Disney Transportation. We find it much easier to drive ourselves to the parks. I'm sure the buses will work fine, but by driving we only have to load the stroller once when getting out of the van at the parks. Driving works well for us, but I know that it is not for everybody.
2013 BoardWalk Villas
2013 Beach Club Resort
mrjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
If you think of it a side by side takes up just as much room as a front and back. I've never seen dirty looks towards people with strollers on the buses. If anything, when someone comes on with a stroller people try to help them out as best they can.

Take which ever stroller you think you will be more comfortable with.
Our combi SBS took up a LOT less room folded up than our graco front and back! It was also might easier to push. I actually gave away the graco when I learned I was having twins - hated that stroller.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Personally, I do not use our tandem double at WDW. We have one of the shorter ones, a graco Quattro duo and I use it when at stores and love it but not necessarily at WDW. But on the other hand, I use a double bob or our double maclaren at WDW and no way would I push a cheap double umbrella stroller either. I am a picky stroller mommy.

I would consider a few things. How old are your kids and what type of double? Will they nap in the parks? A cheapie umbrella will have very poor sunshades. Something to consider IMO. As for gate checking, depends on the airline. I know American is totally out. Southwest and delta are fine and also some others. As for buses, nobody will give you dirty looks. Make sure you have the stroller empty and folded when the bus comes, don't give it its own seat but have who ever holds it prepare to stand out of the way. If you choose to rent, I would recommend a double citi mini from an offsite company (there are lots and I would pick whoever is cheapest). You can't go wrong with the citi mini.

Tags
buses, kids, renting strollers, side by side, stroller

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: