Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Red face Embarassing ME question

Honest to goodness, this is like my 12th trip to Disney (most of them using ME!) but I don't know the answer to this question.

I made my trip reservations directly with Disney and on my reservation, it says Ground Transportation DME. Do I still need to call ME and make a reservation?
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

You will need to call and give them all your flight details and the resort so that your booklet with the Me tickets and luggage tags can be sent.

P.S. No question is every embarrasing!!!!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLee View Post
You will need to call and give them all your flight details and the resort so that your booklet with the Me tickets and luggage tags can be sent.

P.S. No question is every embarrasing!!!!
Thank you. I will do that tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

I have long recommended getting written confirmation of everything. As a bare (threadbare) minimum get the name and city of two persons you talked to on the phone.
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Okay....you seem to have already booked DME, when you booked the entire reservation. You don't need to call DME directly....Disney has the resort you are going to, and that's been imputed into the DME system. Did you give them your flight info? You don't 'have' to give your arrival flight info...but they will need your departure info. You can either call them before you get to WDW, or you can give them the info when you arrive at the DME checkin area at MCO, or even give it to the Front Desk at your resort, when you arrive.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay....you seem to have already booked DME, when you booked the entire reservation. You don't need to call DME directly....Disney has the resort you are going to, and that's been imputed into the DME system. Did you give them your flight info? You don't 'have' to give your arrival flight info...but they will need your departure info. You can either call them before you get to WDW, or you can give them the info when you arrive at the DME checkin area at MCO, or even give it to the Front Desk at your resort, when you arrive.
They don't have my flight info. I hadn't booked the tickets yet when I booked the Disney reservation.

I'm going to call DME today and give them the info, just to make sure I've covered all the bases.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
They don't have my flight info. I hadn't booked the tickets yet when I booked the Disney reservation.

I'm going to call DME today and give them the info, just to make sure I've covered all the bases.
I have had instances where DME wouldn't talk to me if it was too far from my reservation dates. If that's the case, just call Disney directly and have your flight info added. As I said, they really don't care about your arrival info...but they do need your departure info, which you can give them when you get to Orlando. They just need it no less than 36 hrs prior to departure time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: