DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Question: part of our group is taking DME and part is picking up a rental car. Where should we meet to check in?
SHould DH and I park at BLT and walk over to CR to meet up with DME people and check-in?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Question: part of our group is taking DME and part is picking up a rental car. Where should we meet to check in?
SHould DH and I park at BLT and walk over to CR to meet up with DME people and check-in?
yes - DME is still checking in at CR. that say would not be surprised if the DME guests were checked in before you arrived

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Was this before or after they moved BLT check in to BLT?

Bill
This was yesterday!! Jennasis is there now!!

Jennasis, what size room are you in and where is it located? Have lots of FUN and enjoy yourselves! Hope your DH is getting around well!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

So I'm confused, it sounds like you can check in at either the Contemporary or BLT and if you are driving why did they send you to the Contemporary when you could have gone directly to BLT?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

yep...thid was yrsterday. there was only a teenu tiny desk at blt for checkin so going to cr def faster.

we are in 8128...11th floor studii theme park view. LOVE it!! However i was a bit surprised that the room was about the same size as pop century rooms. having stayed at cr before i was expecting a much bigger room.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
So I'm confused, it sounds like you can check in at either the Contemporary or BLT and if you are driving why did they send you to the Contemporary when you could have gone directly to BLT?

Bill
don't know for sure - but the CM at BLT can contact the security guard and tell him to send any new guests to CR not BLT because of the lines. would think that would be best solution. the desk at BLT only has 2 CM. It is the same desk that is used at night for TOWL entrance. when you get 3 or more people to check in at the lines - you will get long waits - especially if any of the guests have never been to BLT and have a lot of questions.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #22
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
However i was a bit surprised that the room was about the same size as pop century rooms. having stayed at cr before i was expecting a much bigger room.
it is bigger than pop - that say being telling everyone on these boards how small the studio is - also how big the 1-bedroom are....

think it was a hint that DVC members should stay in 1-bedroom. Of course if you at the rack rate - the 1-bedroom is a bargin compared to the studio at BLT

hope you have a great time. visit the activity center (community hall). the laundry mat is on the first floor near the elevators for the north side and the pool.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
it is bigger than pop - that say being telling everyone on these boards how small the studio is - also how big the 1-bedroom are....

think it was a hint that DVC members should stay in 1-bedroom. Of course if you at the rack rate - the 1-bedroom is a bargin compared to the studio at BLT

hope you have a great time. visit the activity center (community hall). the laundry mat is on the first floor near the elevators for the north side and the pool.
Not counting the hallway with the bathroom and kitchen, the LIVING area with the bed and sleeper couch is approx 180sq ft and smaller than a Pop room (260sq ft). The total space of a BLT studio is just over 300sq ft. A room at the CR is a healthier 436sq ft (approx).

Don't get me wrong...the place is lovely and we are having a blast, but I was expecting rooms to be comparable to the size of a standard room at the CR. We stayed concierge level at BC on our honeymoon 7 years ago and I was shocked then at how small that room was compared to the CR room we stayed in on the first night of our honeymoon. Also, would it kill them to put an ice machine on each floor??

On the plus side, we are moving to AKLV on Wednesday into a 1-BR.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
sorry kathy - that happened to you.

at least they have the cord thing - of course yea some people are just too good to get in line.....

wish disney would stop this.
Thanks Pat. It was very annoying.

I'm glad to hear that they got the lines set up at CR. I couldn't remember what it was this past January. The other incident happened a year or two ago.

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #25
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
yep...thid was yrsterday. there was only a teenu tiny desk at blt for checkin so going to cr def faster.

we are in 8128...11th floor studii theme park view. LOVE it!! However i was a bit surprised that the room was about the same size as pop century rooms. having stayed at cr before i was expecting a much bigger room.
I'll remember this for Sunday. May just go to CR instead of BLT.

Sounds like a great room! I'm just LV so we'll see...

Quote:
Not counting the hallway with the bathroom and kitchen, the LIVING area with the bed and sleeper couch is approx 180sq ft and smaller than a Pop room (260sq ft). The total space of a BLT studio is just over 300sq ft. A room at the CR is a healthier 436sq ft (approx).

Don't get me wrong...the place is lovely and we are having a blast, but I was expecting rooms to be comparable to the size of a standard room at the CR. We stayed concierge level at BC on our honeymoon 7 years ago and I was shocked then at how small that room was compared to the CR room we stayed in on the first night of our honeymoon. Also, would it kill them to put an ice machine on each floor??

On the plus side, we are moving to AKLV on Wednesday into a 1-BR.
Have a nice time at AKV!

Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: