DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Mikey_B
Earning My Ears

Saratoga Springs

Hi folks. I'm very close to booking my first onsite stay at Saratoga, taking advantage of free DDP. I'd be grateful for some help choosing an area!

I'll be going with my girlfriend just the two of us. I'd like to get to DTD fairly easily so at first thought Congress Park however the pool here looks a bit unexciting really. I don't fancy springs (don't need to be in the heart of the action) and Carousel doesn't seem to have much going for it.

So that leaves CP, Paddock and Grandstand. If anyone can help me out with a few questions it'd be great!

1) Is the congress pool too quiet? I wouldn't mind being near a bar/drinks refill station so how far is the main pool to walk? If I did stay here would there be any problem with me bringing my own beer to the pool from my room?

2) The grandstand seems to tick all the boxes really but how far would it then take me to get to the path to walk to DTD? I'd use the boat aswell but may walk back after hours. How much further is it than CP, and is the pool significantly better at the grandstand than CP?

3) Does the paddock pool get very busy with kids? Nothing against kids enjoying themselves on holiday but without any of my own at the moment I'd probably rather not be surrounded by excited children! And if staying at the Paddock and requesting a room "close to the bridge", what is the likelihood of actually getting put here? Some of the buildings at the Paddock seem very far from the pool.

4) How do the bars/eateries at the pools compare between the grandstand and the Paddock? For example do they serve cocktails? Or open late at all?

5) Finally (I think!) Is it worth staying in a renovated room? I think this would rule out the grandstand.

I'll be in a studio from late April/Early May. All help is much appreciated! Thanks a million.
Mikey_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I think the pool at Congress Park has an excellent view of DTD and it's just a gorgeous sight at night. Congress Park would be my choice!
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Mikey_B
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it easy to get to a bar/refill station from the CP pool? And would there be a problem smuggling a few cheeky beers of my own to the pool?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_B View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Is it easy to get to a bar/refill station from the CP pool? And would there be a problem smuggling a few cheeky beers of my own to the pool?
There is none at the Congress Park pool. It is very quiet there. You can bring your own to the pool as long as they aren't glass. No glass at the pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

We always stay at Congress Park. We enjoy the quietness that the area provides esp the pool. It doesn't have any amenities like bar/grill apart from vending machine and toilets. The views over Lake Beuna Vista onto DTD are stunning (night and day). We also love the walk over to DTD which is only about 10 mins to Marketplace and you're only 5-10 mins from main pool area and boat transportation.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
CRobin
DIS Veteran

We have enjoyed all of the areas at SSR EXCEPT the Carousel. We like to walk to DD and that is just too long of a Haul.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

If you stay at Grandstand, take the bus to CP and walk to DTD from there. The pool at Grandstand is quiet and usually doesn't have many people at it. It does not have a snack bar. I think to find a snack bar/beer at the pool you need to go to the two main pools, the one at the main building(could go to Artist's Palette) or the Paddock pool.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Mikey_B
Earning My Ears

Thanks again. Is there much difference between the pools in CP or grandstand? Are they both good for a decent swim?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_B View Post
Thanks again. Is there much difference between the pools in CP or grandstand? Are they both good for a decent swim?
Grandstand would be better for a swim. And they have bar and soda refills.
tjhsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Check out this FAQ for my thoughts on the pros and cons of each of the SSR sections.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Mokat76
DisKat

Wow, BoPDave. Your FAQ is awesome. Thanks.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: