Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

We are also getting excited. Flights are booked out of Manchester, NH on Southwest (Yay! for direct flights and no luggage fees). Am I ever glad I booked when I did, as the total for 6 of us has gone up over $1000 since then.

We fly down March 2nd for a split stay on DVC points. Three nights in a 2-bedroom savanna view at Animal Kingdom Villas: Kidani, followed by four nights in a 2-bedroom theme park view at our home resort, Bay Lake Tower. We are taking my sister and her 13-year-old son with us, but she can only stay 5 nights because she has to work. (Nephew is staying the whole week).

Plans are Animal Kingdom park, Universal/Harry Potter, EPCOT and MK while she is there, DHS and a water park after she goes home. We have some ADR's made but park tickets not purchased yet. Planning on skipping park-hoppers to save money, which just means better planning.

John

2006 - Disneyland
March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge / Disney Magic
November 2009 - AKV / BLT / Disney Magic
March 2013 - AKV Kidani / BLT
RookieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
Northstar
DIS Veteran

Can I join in if it's not Disney this time?

We're used to going in November or early December, and though it was a tough choice... I didn't think we would cope well with the crowds in March.

So we've decided on a guest ranch vacation in the American Southwest, near Tucson!
Very excited.

But we'll be back to our true love next December.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #18
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
Hi Ted. Nice to see you've booked to be there while we're there - though I like your dates better! I'm going to be in Halifax. Will pm you if you want to swing by and say hi.

So yesterday I made Be Our Guest reservations. I couldn't get lunch on March 6th but got dinner. So then I looked at the menu and there was NOTHING I saw worth the money. Have a look and tell me what you think. Even the kids menu isn't great - pretty fancy. I'm going to cancel. I guest we're just fussy but we don't like super fancy - especially at a theme park. We'll stick with Tonys.

Was hoping Dwarfs Mine Ride would be open but not until 2014. Mermaid will be open anyways.
Sounds good! Ironically, I'm in Ottawa next week
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
bankr63
DIS Veteran

We've been booked for months. No wiggle room on dates for us - DW is a teacher, so we have to go with the wave. This year's trip starts on Friday 8th right after school's out. We depart Ottawa on WJ at 6:00. Originally booked a direct flight, but that has since been canceled, and we are now routed through Toronto. Arrive MCO at 11:13.

Our rental right now is for a full-size Crossover SUV with Alamo, $700 all in for 9 days, but still looking to improve that closer to the date.

We've booked nine nights at Sheraton Vistana Resort. We had to exchange our owner week for another week as March break has shifted a bit this year. That gets us the first 7 nights, with 2 extra nights reserved directly with Sheraton. We have another unit week reserved for DSIL and our two Nephews, but they are now wavering - we may get stuck with with an extra 2BR for the week.

We have 8 days left on our NE MYW WPFAM passes. We'll probably knock off 2 majors, a water park, and DQ. There is at least one visit to USF/IOA, maybe two, plus our usual trip to Gulf Coast for the day, a lots of shopping. That pretty much fills the days (is there any time for chillin' by the pool still?)

Flight back is direct (unless WJ changes that too) on Sunday afternoon, getting us back to Ottawa just before 5:00 so we can deliver 2 very tired students and one teacher to school on Monday.

This trip just keeps getting bigger and bigger each year! Excitement is already setting in.

BTW - did anyone else notice that the new Unofficial Guide hit the bookstores recently. Time to pick up the latest version of the bible.

Have fun everybody!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

Last edited by bankr63; 09-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

We head out on March 4th from BUF on JB until March 12th. For those Blue Jays fans who would like to take in at least 1 spring training game around that time, the Braves' schedule has already been announced and the Blue Jays will be playing at ESPN WWOS on March 8th! I like not having to drive two hours to catch a spring training game!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #21
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

We are booked March 4th-11th, countdown is on!!! 1st trip to Orlando, can't wait!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanospops View Post
We head out on March 4th from BUF on JB until March 12th. For those Blue Jays fans who would like to take in at least 1 spring training game around that time, the Braves' schedule has already been announced and the Blue Jays will be playing at ESPN WWOS on March 8th! I like not having to drive two hours to catch a spring training game!
Sweeet! Might have to catch that game. Thanks for the info.

John

2006 - Disneyland
Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2012 View Post
We are booked March 4th-11th, countdown is on!!! 1st trip to Orlando, can't wait!
Where in NB are you?

2006 - Disneyland
Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #24
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMouse View Post
Where in NB are you?
Fredericton
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Fredericton
Hi, neighbour!

2006 - Disneyland
Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #26
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMouse View Post
Hi, neighbour!
Hello...
We are booked with Jetblue from Portland and i'm also glad I booked when I did cause the prices have increased since then.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #27
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello...
We are booked with Jetblue from Portland and i'm also glad I booked when I did cause the prices have increased since then.
You must have just beat us in booking. By the time I checked JetBlue, it was almost as much to fly with them from Portland as to fly US Airways from Bangor. Then I found Southwest out of Manchester, thanks to someone on this board.

2006 - Disneyland
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

Going March 4-15...We are flying into Fort Lauderdale, driving to Key West for a few days and then back up to do our first cruise on the Disney Dream! We are so excited!!
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

We are out of YYZ on March 6 late, staying at the Hyatt (do those prices ever come down?). Then first thing i the morning we hop ME to BLT for two nights.

Then it's off to the Fantasy, and when we're back two nights at VWL to chill before plunging back into the real world!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
M2B
Mouseketeer

I just booked March 28 - April 4th.

I'm a little nervous, the flights didn't work out like I had hoped. Late arrivals and more expensive as the days went on. We've never been to WDW before. We have flights, hotels, park tickets and the dining plan booked.

Now what? LOL
M2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: