Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
100acrewoodsfan
Mouseketeer

Are shoes required?

I have a little one that will be 9 months when we go. He just started crawling but no walking. I haven't put shoes on him yet but was wondering if he will need them for the parks. Most of the time he will be held or in the stroller but I wanted to let me loose a few times in the play areas to burn some energy. Are there any rules about little ones wearing shoes if they aren't walking?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

If there is, I've never heard of it and it isn't enforced. My twin 10 month olds will be shoeless later this month. They've never worn shoes and we won't be starting now. It's better for foot development to go barefoot.

'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

I've never had a problem with this at Disney but if you go to Universal that's a different can of worms. My daughter was around that age and just had on socks and they would not let her ride with us unless she had on shoes. I still can not believe how absurd it was but I guess that's their rule. On the flip side Disney has never said a word about it to us.
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #4
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't think it's a requirement for a baby to wear shoes.
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Not that I know of and we never had a problem however, when we were going to let our DD crawl/cruise around we put soft soled shoes on her like robeez just for some extra padding.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I have HEARD that it can be a problem at WDW too. We go winter and our boys were walking so have not experienced this but have read here on the boards that the "rules" say that shoes are required for all ride and that some CM's will take that to include babies as well. I would for sure get some of the soft sole shoes (that I can not remember the name of right now) and have them along just in case. If you go summer, you will need something to protect little feet from becoming sun burned and winter at least socks to keep them warm, so........ Hope you get someone on here that has really experienced this with a little one,
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

We are here with our almost 10 month old DD. She isn't used to wearing shoes, but we put them on for the parks "just in case". However, mid-day we almost always took them off and she didn't have any problems.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
I have HEARD that it can be a problem at WDW too. We go winter and our boys were walking so have not experienced this but have read here on the boards that the "rules" say that shoes are required for all ride and that some CM's will take that to include babies as well. I would for sure get some of the soft sole shoes (that I can not remember the name of right now) and have them along just in case. If you go summer, you will need something to protect little feet from becoming sun burned and winter at least socks to keep them warm, so........ Hope you get someone on here that has really experienced this with a little one,
I too have read posts here on the DISboards from parents that encountered problems at WDW with this. As a PP mentioned, get some soft soled shoes like the Robeez for your DS to wear.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
I too have read posts here on the DISboards from parents that encountered problems at WDW with this. As a PP mentioned, get some soft soled shoes like the Robeez for your DS to wear.
None of my kids ever wore shoes before they were walking until I found Robeez. I don't know how I lived without them!
mjkacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

I actually saw some soft soled shoes (like Robeez) at Walmart on an end cap. They were $8. If you can find some it may be worth it just in case.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
100acrewoodsfan
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I will grab a pair and leave it in the stroller in case we come across a problem.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmnky View Post
I actually saw some soft soled shoes (like Robeez) at Walmart on an end cap. They were $8. If you can find some it may be worth it just in case.
Thats what I was trying to think of!! Loved those shoes!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

We had to put shoes on DS for a picture with the characters just this past Dec.

If you are planning on pics with the characters, have shoes with you b/c you might be asked to put them on.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
delmar411
DIS Veteran

When DS was 19mths we were told he was required to wear shoes if his feet hit the ground. He barely ever wore shoes (he just took them off as soon as they were on) but we had brought a couple pairs for him thankfully.

Most of the time he was barefoot and just carried his shoes with us.

ETA~ I just did a quick check of our photopass pics from that trip and he was barefoot in 99% of them. LOL
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
savannahcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover13 View Post
We had to put shoes on DS for a picture with the characters just this past Dec.

If you are planning on pics with the characters, have shoes with you b/c you might be asked to put them on.
When our oldest DD was a baby, we missed out on a photo with Figment because we didn't have shoes for her. That was almost 8 years ago, but I guess it still happens.

1985/1990 - Offsite * 9/1996 - All Star Sports * 11/2004 - Embassy Suites * 2/2005 - Embassy Suites * 4/2005 - Embassy Suites * 5/2005 - Embassy Suites * 10/2005 - Embassy Suites * 12/2006 - Windsor Hills * 5/2007 - Windsor Hills *10/2007 - Windsor Hills * 11/2008 - Windsor Hills * 1/2009 - Windsor Hills * 7/2009 - Swan * 10/2009 - Emerald Island * 6/2010 - AKV * 1/2011 - Barefoot'n in the Keys Resort * 6/2011 - AKV/Indian Creek * 6/2012 - Disney Dream * 6/2012 - BWV * 1/2013 Regal Oaks * 6/2013 BWV/SSR * 11/2013 BWV
savannahcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: