Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

Birthday Credit on Landry's Select Card?

Does Landry's just treat the once per year birthday credit on your Landry's card as a gift card? My mom just received her b-day credit for this year and she wanted to give us her card to use when we are in Disney. Is this allowed? Do you have to show ID when using the Landry's card? We plan on paying the rest of the bill with a seperate gift card. Thanks!
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
cah5525
Mouseketeer

the birthday reward is credited on the 1st of the birthday month and expires the 15th , the following month. they won't ask for i.d.
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

It is available from the 1st of your birthday month until the 15th of the next month. But I was asked for ID when I used it in March.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

check Landry's web site... there is a way for her to extend the time to use her birthday credit. didn't used to be that way but it changed. you might do just as well to have your own card. it's a one time $25 charge and you get a $25 credit right away to use... plus your birthday credit.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

Can the credits be transferred from card to card like gift cards? So, if I sign up for my own card-can my mom transfer her balance to mine? She is not planning on using it and $25 is $25!!
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

What is landrys?
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
What is landrys?
Information is here.
http://www.landrysinc.com/selectclub.asp

It's a points club thing... where you earn points toward $25 gift cards any time you dine at a Landry's restaurant -- at WDW that includes T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe, and Yak and Yeti. It costs $25 to enroll but you get an instant $25 credit, a $25 credit every year on your birthday, and $25 for every $250 you spend and some other promotions/discounts. I think you can defer use of reward points including the birthday points, info is on the web site.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Another perk is you don't need a reservation. You can walk up to T-Rex, RFC, or Yak and Yeti or cal ahead of time. I was told the goal is to seat you within 20 min. At T-Rex, we were seated ahead of a line of 30 or more people waiting.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Can you combine the welcome credit/birthday credit with any discounts? I'm planning on using my 10% DVC member discount there, and thinking we might want to sign up for the Landry's card since we have several birthdays the week we are going in December, but if we can't combine it with the 10% DVC credit its not worth it.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: