Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Best Shampoo/Conditioner for Brazilian Treated Hair

Hi

I'm just wondering what people use for a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner? I'm getting my hair treated before I go away with a salon keratin/brazilian treatment and I've used the organix coconut one before but didn't think it was that great. My hair felt dry with them and it didn't make the treatment last. I know they have new keratin and moroccan oil ones now. Any good? I don't want to spend a fortune (well can't afford too). Some people have suggested the Tresemme Keratin shampoo/conditioner and I love other Tresemme products on my hair. Their website says it's safe for salon treated hair BUT I'm sure I read on the bottle that they had sulfates in...which is supposed to be a no-no.

Also, has anyone used pure moroccan oil products rather than the avon type? Would it be worth me getting a bottle to put on my hair for the humidity? Any other products that would be ok and good? In the past (without treatment) I've used charles worthington serums as john freda frizz ease is HORRIBLE on my hair.

Thanks
The views & opinions expressed on this post are mine & don't necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company!

WDW Offsite April 1992, WDW Offsite April 1995, DLC Offsite December 1996, DLC Offsite 26th March 2000, DLC Offsite 4th October 2002, WDW Pop Century April/May 2006, DLC Offsite 6-9th September 2007, DLRP Cheyenne 14-17th October 2007, WDW POFQ/AKL/CBR April/May 2008, DLC Sept 2009, WDW Pop Century April/May 2010, WDW Villa/POR/BCV April/May 2011, WDW Pop Century 7-9th October 2012, DLRP New York 29-31st January 2013, DLC Offsite 24-28th September 2013

Ariel
seobaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
seobaina
DIS Veteran

*bump*
The views & opinions expressed on this post are mine & don't necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company!

WDW Offsite April 1992, WDW Offsite April 1995, DLC Offsite December 1996, DLC Offsite 26th March 2000, DLC Offsite 4th October 2002, WDW Pop Century April/May 2006, DLC Offsite 6-9th September 2007, DLRP Cheyenne 14-17th October 2007, WDW POFQ/AKL/CBR April/May 2008, DLC Sept 2009, WDW Pop Century April/May 2010, WDW Villa/POR/BCV April/May 2011, WDW Pop Century 7-9th October 2012, DLRP New York 29-31st January 2013, DLC Offsite 24-28th September 2013

Ariel
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Jakejosh4
Mouseketeer

hi i use a heat protector on my hair and then morrocan oil which i buy from my hairdressers i fing it lasts a few days unlike the frizz ease stuff
Saratoga Springs resort And Disney Fantasy 2013
Saratoga Springs resort and Disney Fantasy 2014

YOYO Your only young once.
Jakejosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Thank you

Ariel
Old 09-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Stitch's Greatest Fa
DIS Veteran

Hi, I haven't had the treatment, but I do have wavy hair which can frizz in the Orlando heat, so I use Tigi "Some Like It Hot", it's sulfate free and anti-frizz, leaves mine and DDs hair feeling gorgeous!

1995 1st time - Kissimee Villas 1997 Kissimmee Villas 2002 Kissimmee Villas 2004 - 1st time on site Polynesian Honeymoon 2005 Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Pop Century 2007 POFQ 2008 Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge 2009 Beach Club 2010 AKL/CR/SSR2011 Hilton Parc Soleil2013 Wilderness Lodge 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil
Stitch's Greatest Fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
janeyb
Mouseketeer

Hi there,

I too had the Ketatin treatment before heading out to Orlando at the start of the year. I too have very curly hair which really frizzes and as I was going on a Disney cruise as well to the Bahamas I thought I would treat myself to the treatment before I went.

It was worth every penny and my hair stayed really straight the entire trip and beyond. The only thing I regretted was having it done the week of leaving as you have to leave it on for a couple of days before returning to the salon for the final blow dry. In that time you can't go out in the rain, tuck it behind your ears or wear glasses!! It was so hard when I had so much to do and not being able to get it wet didn't help matters!!

Part of the package that I had, I was given two travel size bottles of 'Ketatin Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner' which were great to travel with and lasted me months after returning (as you'll find you don't need to wash your hair as much). When I went to wallmart I found that they sold it there cheaper so I ended up bringing some large bottles back with me also.

Even though it may be a little more expensive buying the shampoo they recommend it is worth it as the treatment lasts so much longer. My straightening treatment lasted at least 4 months maybe longer.

Due to the "Magic of Disney" we went as a family of four and came back a family of five (with our Disney baby due to make an appearence ina few weeks time)! so I can't comment on a second treatment and how long that lasted as obvioulsy being pregnant I couldn't have it done again. I have been told however that it lasts longer the second/third times etc.

I hope this has helped a little. If I were you I'd buy the travel size Keratin Complex products to take with you(you can get them online also) to make the treatment last and have it done maybe a week or two before you leave if at all possible.

Have a great time.
janeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
LauraTheStylist
Earning My Ears

Well there's the Cocoa Keratin daily shampoo which is designed for keratin treated hair, and there's the Pro Naturals shampoo which is made with argan oil and it's sulfate free too. Both are really good choices for hair, although the argan oil one is better for hair that is color treated or dry. Both are salon brands which are available online so look them up.
LauraTheStylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch's Greatest Fa View Post
Hi, I haven't had the treatment, but I do have wavy hair which can frizz in the Orlando heat, so I use Tigi "Some Like It Hot", it's sulfate free and anti-frizz, leaves mine and DDs hair feeling gorgeous!
Thank you I'll check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeyb View Post
Hi there,

I too had the Ketatin treatment before heading out to Orlando at the start of the year. I too have very curly hair which really frizzes and as I was going on a Disney cruise as well to the Bahamas I thought I would treat myself to the treatment before I went.

It was worth every penny and my hair stayed really straight the entire trip and beyond. The only thing I regretted was having it done the week of leaving as you have to leave it on for a couple of days before returning to the salon for the final blow dry. In that time you can't go out in the rain, tuck it behind your ears or wear glasses!! It was so hard when I had so much to do and not being able to get it wet didn't help matters!!

Part of the package that I had, I was given two travel size bottles of 'Ketatin Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner' which were great to travel with and lasted me months after returning (as you'll find you don't need to wash your hair as much). When I went to wallmart I found that they sold it there cheaper so I ended up bringing some large bottles back with me also.

Even though it may be a little more expensive buying the shampoo they recommend it is worth it as the treatment lasts so much longer. My straightening treatment lasted at least 4 months maybe longer.

Due to the "Magic of Disney" we went as a family of four and came back a family of five (with our Disney baby due to make an appearence ina few weeks time)! so I can't comment on a second treatment and how long that lasted as obvioulsy being pregnant I couldn't have it done again. I have been told however that it lasts longer the second/third times etc.

I hope this has helped a little. If I were you I'd buy the travel size Keratin Complex products to take with you(you can get them online also) to make the treatment last and have it done maybe a week or two before you leave if at all possible.

Have a great time.
Thanks Congrats on the baby...what a disney bonus I'm having the treatment done on wednesday and we're going the following tuesday. I'm using the one that can be washed out an hour later though. The one I tried last time had to be left in for 4/5hrs. I'll look up the shampoo, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraTheStylist View Post
Well there's the Cocoa Keratin daily shampoo which is designed for keratin treated hair, and there's the Pro Naturals shampoo which is made with argan oil and it's sulfate free too. Both are really good choices for hair, although the argan oil one is better for hair that is color treated or dry. Both are salon brands which are available online so look them up.
Thank you

Ariel
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

I have had the keratin treatments several times. The best product i have found and it is the one my stylist recommended is the Keratin Coppola Complex shampoo and conditioners.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I have had the keratin treatments several times. The best product i have found and it is the one my stylist recommended is the Keratin Coppola Complex shampoo and conditioners.
Thank you

Ariel
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

i just had my treatment done about a month ago and i have been using trial sizes of the shampoo my stylist gave me. anyone every try ION keratin shampoo? or its a ten plus keratin shampoo?? i dont know what shampoo to try for my hair and i need some asap lol
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I've heard that Tigi S-Factor shampoos and conditioners are amazing! They're quite expensive but you get huge bottles that would last ages, it's about £30 for the duo pack that has a 750ml bottle of each. I'm getting some next time I get paid to try it out because I've read so many good reviews

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: