Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin, count me well and truly in
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

I am SO in, I think I remember reading your last trip report and loving it!! I would love a mini Italy TR in this too! oh please remember, the more pictures, the better, we loooove pictures!!!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oh WOW !!12 trips to Italy!!! Growing up in England visiting Italy etc was not the hugs deal it is from the US !! I think I have visited all the major Eurean Countries although some were just drive thrus !!!

You have to let me know how the Special Needs kids teaching goes Is German a lot different form Austrian , silly me thought they were the same
Any way I am all eyes and ears to find out about your travels !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I couldn't find the link!!! but I am here now!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #36
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a hectic return! But at least you have a couple more short trips to break up the busy work you both have. Sorry it won't be to Paris... but your Italy trips always sound nice!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
caroleRWO
Mouseketeer

Hi Karin,

Coming over to join in.
Having the same problem with DLRP - want to go for a weekend in December to the pin event but so expensive for three of us with flights, hotel and car hire and our APs have expired

Carole, Mike and Jenny
Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #38
Teri1
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the birthday cake as much as Mick. Thank you so much, Mick has been telling everyone about his surprise. It was nice having our room look so festive.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #39
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluver101 View Post
Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Welcome!
I am so glad you joined in here as well. More coming up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
It's all good-natured....I took couple of days off earlier this year and he finally got a taste of all that I do since he gets to cover my duties while I'm gone. These are my first 2 real vacations since I started working for him in January!

Jill in CO
So this is great for both of you ..... for you to be able to spend time at WDW and for him to see what a great employee he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ahh, Italy! Where in Italy?
We just drive to the sea. This city is called Lignano and we used to vacation there every year for two weeks when we were kids. We hated it with a passion. (long story)
Now that we have rediscovered it and just go there to chill and eat, it has become quite a nice place again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Karin, count me well and truly in
Welcome!
I am so happy you decided to join us here as well.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
I am SO in, I think I remember reading your last trip report and loving it!! I would love a mini Italy TR in this too! oh please remember, the more pictures, the better, we loooove pictures!!!
Welcome!
Thanks for reading my last trip report and deciding to come back to read some more.
I will definitely do a mini Italy TR with lots of pics - it should be easier with the next BIG trip still a while away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh WOW !!12 trips to Italy!!! Growing up in England visiting Italy etc was not the hugs deal it is from the US !! I think I have visited all the major Eurean Countries although some were just drive thrus !!!

You have to let me know how the Special Needs kids teaching goes Is German a lot different form Austrian , silly me thought they were the same
Any way I am all eyes and ears to find out about your travels !!
You are so right, Rosie, being here in Europe it makes it easy to just "pop over" to the neighbours. Like you, we travelled most of Europe while we were kids and it was always fun and interesting to learn about the different cultures and customs.

Our Special Needs kids are just VERY slow learners, so once they are diagnosed they have the right to a "second teacher" in the classroom for most lessons. I have done this a few times before, but have never had SO many lessons in one class.
Well, Austrians speak German, Rosie, but it is like the British and US English. Same language, sometimes pretty different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I couldn't find the link!!! but I am here now!!!
So sorry, Ann! I posted the link on some of my other threads, but completely forgot to put it in my signature.
Gonna do that right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sounds like a hectic return! But at least you have a couple more short trips to break up the busy work you both have. Sorry it won't be to Paris... but your Italy trips always sound nice!
It was kind of a harsh awakening getting back to the real world. It actually started with arriving at Frankfurt. The airport personal (part of it, can't remember who) were on strike the day before we arrived and there were emergency beds all over the place. Kind of freaky.
I would have loved to go to Paris, but there was NO way I was paying those prices and in the end I am ending up with two vacations instead of one for less the money, so I guess I am coming out ahead.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #41
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin and Tom
I am sorry that getting back to real life sounds extra hectic, but it is GREAT that you will have two quick trips to Italy to ease the pain.
I can not wait for your trip report. Angelina looks at her pictures every day and sleeps with her Mickey every night. Thanks so much for making our trip so much SPECIAL!! Believe it or not I have still not heard back from Disney about all of our issues. I received an Email saying they received my letter and I should receive a correspondence soon.
Say hi to Tom and I cannot wait for your report to get into full swing!!!
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #42
jamiesgirl
Earning My Ears

I made it...got a little lost along the way, , but now I'm all caught up! Poor Tom, having to go back to work sooner than expected. And poor you, getting back to discover, even more work this year. I was excited to read about your Italy trips! You two sure know how to live life to the fullest! Looking forward to this TR!!!
jamiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #43
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroleRWO View Post
Hi Karin,

Coming over to join in.
Having the same problem with DLRP - want to go for a weekend in December to the pin event but so expensive for three of us with flights, hotel and car hire and our APs have expired

Carole, Mike and Jenny
Welcome Carole, Mike and Jenny!
It's awesome that you decided to join in. We still have not gotten over the "shock" of being recognized at the MK and then meeting you again at the quiet pool. Missing the quiet pool - terribly!

You would believe that going to Paris from Austria or Germany would be easy, but the airfare is out of hand at the moment - I checked for next summer and it is a lot more expensive than last year.
I know what you mean about the hotels. We stay offsite, rent a villa and have a car too - it adds up in the end. I just renewed our APs in May and actually need to get a bit more out of them (not that I haven't already used them a lot for shopping. )
Hope you find a deal so you can go to the pin event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
I enjoyed the birthday cake as much as Mick. Thank you so much, Mick has been telling everyone about his surprise. It was nice having our room look so festive.
I am glad you did, Teresa! And I am happy to hear that Mick liked his surprise so much. We had received a Bon Voyage package once and were waiting for the perfect opportunity to pay it forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
Hi Karin and Tom
I am sorry that getting back to real life sounds extra hectic, but it is GREAT that you will have two quick trips to Italy to ease the pain.
I can not wait for your trip report. Angelina looks at her pictures every day and sleeps with her Mickey every night. Thanks so much for making our trip so much SPECIAL!! Believe it or not I have still not heard back from Disney about all of our issues. I received an Email saying they received my letter and I should receive a correspondence soon.
Say hi to Tom and I cannot wait for your report to get into full swing!!!
Welcome Michelle!
It's wonderful to hear from you again! How's my sweet Angelina? I love that she sleeps with her Mickey every night . We are talking about you a lot and are SO hoping we get to cruise with you again.

I am sure it will take quite a while until someone at Disney will get back to you. I remember that I wrote in about being on hold for over an hour during FD and that it would be nice if they let you know how long the wait is and I had already forgotten about it, when I got a call, they apologized and sent me a 50$ gift card.
Give Vito and Vito jr and my sweet Angelina a big hug from me. I am SO hoping we get to see you when we go back in February.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesgirl View Post
I made it...got a little lost along the way, , but now I'm all caught up! Poor Tom, having to go back to work sooner than expected. And poor you, getting back to discover, even more work this year. I was excited to read about your Italy trips! You two sure know how to live life to the fullest! Looking forward to this TR!!!
Welcome Mary Ellen!
You have no idea how happy I am to have you here!
Thank you so much for your sweet card .... I had such a laugh as Tom sent me the exact same one when we got home.
I am so looking forward to our trips to Italy - I cannot believe we are going on Friday!
Hopefully I will be able to start posting updates pretty soon.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #45
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

You are a girl after my own heart- nothing like getting on to the next vacation after you finish a great one!

I'm looking forward to reading about it all!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: