Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #211
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

Karin
I am so happy that you will be able to get one more Disney trip in this year! I showed Vito Sr your Italian breakfast photo and he was very jealous!!! He said to tell you that your were having the PERFECT meal!!
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #212
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited for you and Tom...fantastic news on your DLRP trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #213
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin how awesome that you have 2 more trips this year !!I still have mt last FREE trip in 11 days to Disney
Wait - Rosie - you are going to WDW in 11 days. Will you still be there in 16 days when Cynthia and I arrive?

Karin - I think DLP looks wonderful. How great that you were able to snag cheap flights and plan a weekend trip. I can't wait to see the pictures of the Christmas decorations.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #214
jamiesgirl
Earning My Ears

I haven't been able to be here for a few days & my goodness, all the great news & excitement happening!!! As always, I am SO excited for you & Tom, having two more amazing vacations to look forward to! The hotel in DLRP, looks wonderful & now we have even more TR's to look forward to! Can't wait to hear more about your plans as well!
jamiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #215
wild.zinnia
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited for you and so jealous at the same time. It's amazing the sacrifices you make so we will all have lots of trip reports to read

Me DH & the kitties
wild.zinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #216
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Karin I'm amazed at the length you go to keep your reading public satisfied!

All kidding aside it's wonderful that you get to go on all the Disney trips & the other side trips!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #218
A&A'sGrammy
Family 1st or is it Disney 1st!

Love the pictues of Italy!!

You and Tom really know how to travel.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #219
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Woo Hoo another trip to Disneyland Paris

I keep checking their deals everyday as I am hoping to get back out there again early in the new year; I've really grown to love that park
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #220
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
In the summer that beach is full by 9am - in slow season ...... it looks like in my pictures, not many of those umbrellas are being used.
I had to when you mentioned how lucky we are, being here in Europe and so close to everything ...... now look at it this way. How lucky are YOU, not having to fly across the pond to get to WDW, or DL or California, or NY. Should I go on?

The food on the other hand is just devine here! We so love to go and have those signature dishes in the respective countries.

Very true...I am pretty darn close to WDW in mileage perspective

DLP for Christmas decorations Glad you decided to book the flight Karin

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #221
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Hi....I am joining along. Thanks for sharing!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #222
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin how awesome that you have 2 more trips this year !!I still have mt last FREE trip in 11 days to Disney Still excited about the Disney Cruise in early May for which I already have the DisMoms to re meet !! Yes I met them on their very first ever Trip 5 years ago ON Friday I picked up our Mickey Mail and have to meet Carol to give it to her as she handles that,
I am so with you, Rosie! More trips, more fun and yours are even free trips.
I can't wait to go back to DLRP, it is really neat all decked out for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
Karin
I am so happy that you will be able to get one more Disney trip in this year! I showed Vito Sr your Italian breakfast photo and he was very jealous!!! He said to tell you that your were having the PERFECT meal!!
I am so happy about the Paris trip too!
Plus I am glad Vito agreed on our breakfast! You really need to come over to Europe one day and experience it for yourself! You ALL would love the food ..... not to mention the scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
I'm so excited for you and Tom...fantastic news on your DLRP trip.
Thank you, Elaine! We have yet to come to grips with the fact that we are REALLY going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wait - Rosie - you are going to WDW in 11 days. Will you still be there in 16 days when Cynthia and I arrive?

Karin - I think DLP looks wonderful. How great that you were able to snag cheap flights and plan a weekend trip. I can't wait to see the pictures of the Christmas decorations.
It is really pretty at Christmastime ....... and it can be VERY cold. But who cares.
I am even more excited we are staying onsite - we have not done that in a long time. And the more I read about the hotel New York, the more excited I get.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #223
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesgirl View Post
I haven't been able to be here for a few days & my goodness, all the great news & excitement happening!!! As always, I am SO excited for you & Tom, having two more amazing vacations to look forward to! The hotel in DLRP, looks wonderful & now we have even more TR's to look forward to! Can't wait to hear more about your plans as well!
Real life has been stressful lately, Mary Ellen. I know I still owe you mail and hope to be able to write this week.
But we are both really excited to be able to squeeze in two more vacations before Christmas.
We rarely stay onsite in Paris, so staying at such a nice hotel is an added bonus treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.zinnia View Post
I'm so excited for you and so jealous at the same time. It's amazing the sacrifices you make so we will all have lots of trip reports to read
Thank you! We are very excited ourselves. Yes, I know, the things we do for the "fans" of our trip reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Karin I'm amazed at the length you go to keep your reading public satisfied!

All kidding aside it's wonderful that you get to go on all the Disney trips & the other side trips!
Yes, we are dedicated writers and would go to ANY Disney park, just to keep our readers satisfied.
Doris, we are as amazed as everyone else, that we are able to squeeze so many extra trips in. It's just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What exciting news! I would like to check it out someday although I'll have a hard enough time getting Jeff into France as it is. How very very fun and soon (which of course is even better!)
Yip, we are exited about the news too!
Maybe you should consider a looooooooooong trip to Europe. And fit in a visit to Austria as well. It's pretty nice here.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #224
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A'sGrammy View Post
Love the pictues of Italy!!

You and Tom really know how to travel.
Thank you!
Italy is really beautiful and thankfully not too far from us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Woo Hoo another trip to Disneyland Paris

I keep checking their deals everyday as I am hoping to get back out there again early in the new year; I've really grown to love that park
I still can't get over the fact that we actually will spend the weekend at DLRP.
It was awesome to find out that they offer a 40% discount on the hotels, even though they are still pricey. But at least we will get to stay onsite again.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so you'll find the perfect deal for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Very true...I am pretty darn close to WDW in mileage perspective

DLP for Christmas decorations Glad you decided to book the flight Karin
We used to go for Halloween every year, but their party is just an extra ticket for 5 more hours. No fun parade, just their usual one and no longer any special events.
Last year we were so done with it, we left before 10pm and vowed not to return to a party any time soon.
Christmas on the other hand is pretty nice. We love the festive atmosphere in the parks. So we are both pretty psyched to be able to go in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Hi....I am joining along. Thanks for sharing!
Welcome!
I am glad you decided to come along for the vacation. I'll be done with my Italy report pretty soon and will post updates for our summer vacation.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #225
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Italy September 2012

Day 2, September 22

Shop till you drop! - Part 2

We walked along the beach,took in the sights and smells before we headed back to the shopping area.

Walking down the street we noticed that one of the supermarkets was about to close and had a 30% off of everything offer. Now, we always bring home lots of groceries from our visits to Italy and Germany and that offer was very welcome.
We decided to walk further up the pedestrian area before heading back to the supermarket. We stopped at the local church

to light some candles and have a look at the interior and then the next stop was a shop that sells beaded jewellery. Their ideas are always fun and special, so we stopped in and I got carried away and bought more than I had actually wanted.

Further up the street we went, exploring a few more shops and before we knew it, more than two hours had passed. So we headed back to the supermarket, picked up a lot of things we had wanted to buy in the first place, then packed everything into two shopping bags and back to the hotel we went.
The bags were really heavy, so it took us some time to get there and when we finally arrived, we took a short break.
We had a few drinks, unpacked all our goodies

and rested for a little while. A little after 1pm we decided we needed lunch. There was a ristorante right next to our hotel,

so this is where we headed. We found an outside table, took a seat and a waiter was at hand quickly handing us a menu.
We looked over the enormous menu, then decided on our lunch and ordered from it. Again, Tom had some beer, while I was served Diet Coke in a slender can.

I had ordered an

Insalata Mista, which is a salad of mixed leaves and vegetables. It comes undressed, but on every table there are salt and pepper, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

So I dressed the salad and we both began to nibble at it. Shortly after the salad,

Tom’s Pizza arrived. He had ordered a pizza topped with slices of suckling pig and peppers. While he said it was nice it was nothing special and as he said, a bit on the sweet side. Tom was halfway through his pizza when my main course arrived.
I had ordered

Potato gnocci in a cream sauce with spinach and gorgonzola. The gnocci were nice, light and delicate, but the sauce did not have a lot of gorgonzola taste. But none the less we both were hungry and finished off our plates. Once we had paid our bill we went back to our room and had a little rest and a cup of coffee.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: