Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #121
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
I am so glad you heard from the doctor

Hope your doctor visit goes well let me know what he says

Loving your trip

Ann
ps i am now in the very early stages of planning a do over trip this time with
other daughter and her DF
I was real glad to hear from him, too !!!! LOL.

I just can't wait to trade this splint for a cast.

Hey, thanks for reading and stopping by to say hello.

YAY for a new trip !!!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #122
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Monkey puzzle plant.. with edible nuts..
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #124
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 2

The kids played a little after riding Figment.

DD traded some vinylmations

We took some fountain photos

And she pressed some pennies

Then they wanted to do the Great Piggy Bank Adventure

It is a game that teaches you about saving money.

They got a sticker for completing the game

The kids really enjoyed this game. We went to check out Sum of all Thrills, but the line was too long and the kids didn’t want to wait for it.

So we moved on to Mission Space

I waited in the gift shop. I just wasn’t feeling this one on that day. We always ride the Green side.

DD traded vinylmations in the gift shop.

This one.

For this one

A fountain photo

Old 09-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #125
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oddly enough, I've never done any of the things you mentioned in this update.

But ahhhhhhhhhh, Epcot.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #127
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love Imagination, but I really miss the old Image Works. I used to love going up there! I wonder what they even do with the upstairs of the pavilion now?

Maybe I need to do the Great Piggy Bank adventure......
Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #128
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your fountain pictures turned out wonderful.

Who knew that Figment had a special handicapped car? You are getting into this scooter thing, aren't you? Honestly - this is really good information because I know know when I might need a scooter.

Your daughter with her ice cream picture is too cute.

I have yet to do the Piggy Bank attraction, but it looks pretty fun.

What a great day in Epcot so far.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #129
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love Imagination, but I really miss the old Image Works. I used to love going up there! I wonder what they even do with the upstairs of the pavilion now?

Maybe I need to do the Great Piggy Bank adventure......
I never got to see the upstairs, so I can't really say. From what I read on the DIS, there is a lot of wasted space in Epcot that could be put to good use.

LOL ... I know what you mean. It looked like a fun game, though. The kids enjoyed it enough to want to do it again later in our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your fountain pictures turned out wonderful.

Who knew that Figment had a special handicapped car? You are getting into this scooter thing, aren't you? Honestly - this is really good information because I know know when I might need a scooter.

Your daughter with her ice cream picture is too cute.

I have yet to do the Piggy Bank attraction, but it looks pretty fun.

What a great day in Epcot so far.
It there is a really good photo that I post, it is because of one of two things. 1. I took it and got lucky or 2. DH took it. He loves the fountains, so he prolly took those photos.

I LOVED that handicap car !!! Seriously, how awesome is that ?? You just drive your scooter up there !! Do not have to get off at all. Best. Car. Ever.

DD loved her some ice cream. Especially if it is Mickey shaped.

The kids really liked that game. DD did it again on our other Epcot day.

Is there such a thing as a bad Epcot day ?? Just checkin'.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #130
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

OH Figment !! I have not done that in years.. DD has never done it or DH. This will all be new to them next time. I will make sure not to miss it. IMAGINATION, IMAGINATION.....
And I have never done Mission space.. I am afraid I will have a heart attack .... I am not sure of it. I have no problem with Everest or ToT, Like RnR but a bit claustrophobic.. I don't do will virtual things like star tours . I get motion sickness. Not sure if MS would do well with me. DH doesn't Do ANY coasters... So it would be just me riding solo ...

What's up with Vinylmations....Why would you want to trade ?? Do you lug a bunch around with you ? How do you strike up conversation to trade ??

I am thinking of letting DD do pin trading this year... She loves talking to people and this might be fun for her.. I know you know where to pick up inexpensive pins... she already has 3.

Hope your feeling well... Loved your post !
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #131
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
OH Figment !! I have not done that in years.. DD has never done it or DH. This will all be new to them next time. I will make sure not to miss it. IMAGINATION, IMAGINATION.....
And I have never done Mission space.. I am afraid I will have a heart attack .... I am not sure of it. I have no problem with Everest or ToT, Like RnR but a bit claustrophobic.. I don't do will virtual things like star tours . I get motion sickness. Not sure if MS would do well with me. DH doesn't Do ANY coasters... So it would be just me riding solo ...

What's up with Vinylmations....Why would you want to trade ?? Do you lug a bunch around with you ? How do you strike up conversation to trade ??

I am thinking of letting DD do pin trading this year... She loves talking to people and this might be fun for her.. I know you know where to pick up inexpensive pins... she already has 3.

Hope your feeling well... Loved your post !
Figment is a must do for us every time. We just love it !!

I really think you will be OK if you do the green side of Mission Space. Star Tours makes me kinda sick, but I do OK with the green side of MS. You should try it. And Tricia will be fine, too. The green side is pretty tame. That is funny about your DH. Mine is the same way. He will ride BTMRR and we have just recently gotten him to ride Everest. But, for the most part he prefers not to ride the coasters.

The vinylmations are similar to the pins. You buy some, you trade with the CM's. The real difference is when you trade vinylmations, you have to go to the counter at gift shop and ask if they have a vinylmation box. If they do, they will ring one out and you choose a number and if you like the vinyl behind the number you can trade. If you don't, you just keep your original one. Most CM's let you have two tries. I got several vinylmations from the Disney store on sale for like $3-$6 a piece specifically just for trading. There are several that we like too much to trade. But it is a fun little thing that DD and I like to do.

We trade pins, too. That is always fun. I know there are places on Ebay where you can get a bunch of pins, but you have to be careful because some of the lots don't have "real" Disney pins and I don't think you can trade those. We just got one of those starter sets with about 8 pins and started trading. We have an embarrassingly large collection now.

I am feeling LOTS better today. I have been laying as still as possible in hopes that I remain feeling well. Yesterday was a BAD day !!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #132
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 3

Then we checked out Club Cool

They weren’t out of any of the flavors this time. DD likes the China one best.

DS got a slushie for a snack credit

Then we headed over to the Mexico Pavilion for some lunch at La Cantina De San Angel

DD saw Duffy and she wanted to stop and see him.

And this is what happens when you leave a man in charge of the camera.

Wha ??????

Moving on …

Pictures from the Mexico Pavilion

DD wanted to ride the boat ride before lunch, so we did that.

They had a wheel chair car, so I didn’t have to climb in and out of the boat – YAY !! Just took a step from the scooter to the wheel chair. Easy peasy.

(I borrowed the next three photos from the Disney Food Blog. It wasn’t this crowded when we went there).

Queues

Seating Area – it was a very pretty day and we didn’t mind sitting outside at all.

DH ordered the Chicken Tacos

Tacos de Pollo - grilled chicken served on fresh handmade corn tortillas with Pico de Gallo, lime and corn tortilla chips $10.99

I ordered the Beef Tacos

Tacos de Carne - smoked beef brisket tacos served on fresh handmade corn tortillas with Pico de Gallo, lime and corn tortilla chips $11.99

Both of us really enjoyed our entrees. Lots of flavor in both dishes. DH sampled some salsa verde as well. He had just returned from Mexico the week before and he said the food here was the same as the food he ate while in Mexico.

The kids both got Nachos with just cheese.

These were huge !! Each of them only managed to finish half even with help from DH and myself. If we weren’t on the DDP, we would have gotten them these to share. The cheese was really good though. Nice and thick, but with just a little heat in it.

For dessert, everyone got churros

Churros con Cajeta - Churros with milk caramel $3.99

DS really liked these. To me, they were good, but too sweet for me at the time. Very tasty though and I liked the caramel sauce as well.
So this was a winner for us and we will definitely go back.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #133
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I'm late to the party, but I'm here! Can't wait to get caught up on your report. We were there the same time! Next time we need to plan a meet and greet to say Hi!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #134
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

OMG, that's hilarious! Phineas and Ferb topiaries.

What, no Beverly shots at Club Cool?

Hahahahahahahaha............note to self.......never leave a man alone with a camera.

The new counter service in Mexico is really really good. I am so happy with the changes that they made. The nachos there, like the ones that are the meal, are amazing!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #135
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
The rain lasted a few hours, and it rained pretty hard, so we were happy with our decision to wait.

LOL at my picture. I am Scooter Mom ... fear me !!!
Ugg if we didn't have plans with 20 friends to conquer Hollywood Studios we would have waited it out too. We arrived pre RD to DHS and by the time we were halfway down the street it was sprinkling. It soaked us all morning and most of the afternoon. We had fun but that rain was a bummer. The rest of the week we were pretty lucky weather wise though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: