Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #91
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Good idea finding places where you didn't have to get out of your scooter. I have to say, the wheelchair car at Winnie the Pooh is so fascinating to me. I'm always like "I want to go in that one!"

Yes, the downside to the splash pads. I would totally be like "you wanna go in there, you gotta be okay with being wet all day".

Hahaha, at first you're talking about the Blue Train, and I was so confused, like there was a ride at Disney I didn't know about!
When you have an injury like this, you become really good at finding ways to not have to put any weight on that foot. I just loved the CM's at the Pooh ride. They were so excited to have something different to do that it made it really fun for me.

Yep .... that is what I told each of them. "You can go play in there, but you will be wet the rest of the day so don't complain about it.

LOL. We always call it the "Blue Train". When the kids were younger, they would associate places and things with colors or shapes. So the Peoplemover is the "Blue Train" and Target was "The Circle Store."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
For the most part it sounds like your ankle didn't slow you down too much thanks to all the wheelchair cars. Nice to know where they are in case I ever need one.

Your son and daughter are both so cute with their blond hair. 3 times on Space Mountain back to back - good for him.

Nice pictures!
WDW is very accessible if you are handicapped. There are some things that you just can't do, but there are a lot of things that you CAN do.

Thanks !!! I think they are the cutest, too. But ya know, I am biased. Just a tad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad to hear you were able to find easier-to-board rides!! Your pictures of Adventureland are awesome, I love the themeing there!!

LOL over the teacups! I definitely could not go on those anymore!!
Thanks !!! I got a new laptop and I really like how much better my pictures look on it. I tried to get some detail shots. Glad you enjoyed them.

I can go on the tea cups as long as there isn't a whole lot of spinning. But DD likes to spin, so she will go by herself from now on !! Because none of the rest of us can hang with her.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #92
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 6

We decided we were hungry, so we head over to Columbia Harbor House for dinner.

Some photos on the way.

They saw DD’s Birthday button and gave her a Mickey straw.

DH, DS and I got a shrimp platter

Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with cole slaw and steamed fresh broccoli, or French Fries $9.99

This is a lot of shrimp. Something like 8 pieces. Very tasty.

DD got Chicken and French Fries

Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) - Served with steamed fresh broccoli or
French Fries or Apple Slices $8.19

DH and I got apple crisp for dessert.

Well they called it apple crisp anyway. The need to call it apple pie or apple tart. Because it isn’t apple crisp. But I liked it. Very good !! DH said it could have used a scoop of vanilla, but I thought it was good.

DS wasn’t feeling like dessert so he didn’t get any.

DD got some chocolate cake.

Which she really enjoyed.

We checked out the Emporium, but we didn’t find anything we HAD to have, so we got DD some popcorn

We took some nighttime photos

Here DS is making fun of me being old and crippled while I am trying to impress him with my mad scooter skillz.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #93
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Gotta love your DD with her good old standby of chicken nuggets!

Last July a few of our group got the shrimp and like it very much. I'm a huge fan of the salmon platter there.

Haha, your DS making fun of you. I hope you ran over his toe (only a little bit) with your mad scooter skills.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #94
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Gotta love your DD with her good old standby of chicken nuggets!

Last July a few of our group got the shrimp and like it very much. I'm a huge fan of the salmon platter there.

Haha, your DS making fun of you. I hope you ran over his toe (only a little bit) with your mad scooter skills.
I know, right ??? She rarely eats anything else when we go to Disney. I don't see how she can stand it.

I was considering the salmon, but circled back to the old standby that I knew I liked.

It is funny that you mention that, because he kept putting his foot in front of the wheel saying, "run me over !!" I got so sick of it, that eventually I DID run over his toe. It didn't hurt him any, but it sure surprised him. And it made him stop getting in my way !!!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #95
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

don't you just love the magic kingdom lit up at night

one of my favorite times is night at the parks

I understand about chicken nuggets they seem to be irresistible for kids of all ages

How is your foot now?
hope the healing is comming along

Ann
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #96
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Nothing wrong with chicken nuggets. Hahaha you ran over his toes good for you. Teach him something...well at least he left you alone after that. Hope your foot is feeling better.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #97
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
don't you just love the magic kingdom lit up at night

one of my favorite times is night at the parks

I understand about chicken nuggets they seem to be irresistible for kids of all ages

How is your foot now?
hope the healing is comming along

Ann
I agree that MK is the prettiest park at night. Unless you are at HS during the Osbourne Lights

Yes, yes, they taste pretty good. But seriously ??? Practically every lunch and dinner ???

The ankle is better, some. I have 3 pain pills left and I have been unable to get in touch with my doctor who has been in surgery for two days, so I am pretty worried that I might have to go the whole weekend without pain pills. The thought of that is pretty scary, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Nothing wrong with chicken nuggets. Hahaha you ran over his toes good for you. Teach him something...well at least he left you alone after that. Hope your foot is feeling better.
Thanks !! No, I didn't hurt him. He was surprised though and left me alone after that.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #98
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 7

Then we headed to the dock to take the boat back to Wilderness Lodge

This proved to be a very poor decision. We were the second family in line. The family in front of us consisted of a father, a mother and two little girls. They were either twins or very close in age. And CLEARLY, they had not had a nap that day and BOTH of them were in full on meltdown mode. So we listened to them scream for 15 minutes until the boat came. And we listened to them scream the WHOLE way back to Wilderness Lodge.

It was torture. And I felt really bad for the parents. The mother was almost in tears. It was terrible. The front of the boat was packed with people and since I was on the scooter, I was stuck inside with the screaming kids. DH said they could hear them outside, even with the music turned up.

DH took photos.

We finally got back to our QUIET room and DH and I watched football and DS finished up his Lego set.

And then we all went to sleep.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #99
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

We enjoyed riding on the boats--at night, in the am just plain loved the boats

on one ride we talked to a mom of triplets(2 girls 1 boy) and boy were they adorable.

Couldn't your doctor's office call in a refill for you or is that something the doc has to do..
Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #100
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
We enjoyed riding on the boats--at night, in the am just plain loved the boats

on one ride we talked to a mom of triplets(2 girls 1 boy) and boy were they adorable.

Couldn't your doctor's office call in a refill for you or is that something the doc has to do..
These girls were VERY annoying. I was so glad when they got off that boat.

You would THINK that would be OK, but apparently it is not the case. It is almost 3 PM on Friday and I still have not heard from them. And I gotta tell ya .... I am getting very nervous about it !!!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #101
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I definitely understand why you'd sit out of Pirates and Big Thunder if you were in so much pain. Those are both some LONG queues!

Ahhhhh Bay Lake at night. I MISS IT!!!!

-Marissa
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #102
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I definitely understand why you'd sit out of Pirates and Big Thunder if you were in so much pain. Those are both some LONG queues!

Ahhhhh Bay Lake at night. I MISS IT!!!!
Actually, to go from the HC entrance to get on the ride isn't so bad with BTMRR. It is just that the ride is so bumpy. And with POTC, you have to take that BIG step down into the ride and then climb back out again. And that I couldn't do.

I miss it, too !! Can't wait to stay at BLT in March !!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #103
teedee
DIS Veteran

I was drawn to your tr by the title, I'll be stuck on a scooter during my next trip and wanted to see your experiences using one. I've gotta say that I love your writing style and I'm really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Terri
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #104
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
I was drawn to your tr by the title, I'll be stuck on a scooter during my next trip and wanted to see your experiences using one. I've gotta say that I love your writing style and I'm really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Terri
fellow scooter Mom !!! I hope my experiences help you. There were just a few times where I felt like I was "stuck" in the scooter. For the most part, having the scooter was really fun and not the downer I thought it would be. We had a great trip !!

I hope the reason you will have to rent a scooter is just a temporary one.
I am one week post op with one more week of bed rest, so it REALLY sucks now, but it will get better. I just have to be patient. Not one of my strengths. Thanks so much for reading !!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #105
RI Disney Star
Mouseketeer

My first post! Just booked a trip to Disney in December and found this board. I've enjoyed your TR. Your pictures are awesome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: