Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #46
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's great how quickly the scooter company resolved the battery issue! Hopefully you didn't have any problems with it after that!

I never noticed the ceiling in Once Upon a Toy! How cute!
I was very pleased with the prompt and friendly service the scooter company provided.

I never noticed it either and just had to get a photo !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
SHOPPING YEA

So sorry about the scooter's battery but very glad they made it right
I didnot know they had costumes for the american girl doll's

that is something to think about

Ann and family
They do have costumes for the American Girl dolls. Well, they are for the My Disney Girl doll which is WDW's version of the American Girl doll. They have Cinderella, Aurora, Jasmine, Minnie Mouse, Rapunzel and Tiana. They may have more, but those are the ones that come to mind. I have been trying to get DD to get one for her doll, because I just love them, but she wasn't interested until she saw the Rapunzel outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I never noticed the life spinner on the ceiling....

Hope everything went well today and you don't lose your mind by Sunday....

Waiting for more trip report
I am having a tough morning for sure. Getting my DIS fix is a good distraction.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
aprylann28
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just started reading your trip report, and I love it so far.

I hope your surgery went well, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

We are trying to plan our first trip to Disney World for December 2013. My mom is going with us, and she will need a scooter due to knee problems, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the trip went for you on a scooter.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #48
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylann28 View Post
Hi, I just started reading your trip report, and I love it so far.

I hope your surgery went well, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

We are trying to plan our first trip to Disney World for December 2013. My mom is going with us, and she will need a scooter due to knee problems, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the trip went for you on a scooter.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks.
I am so glad you are reading and I hope my TR will help you plan your trip. I really enjoyed the scooter. Even though the reason why I had to rent it has been very unpleasant, the scooter really added an element of fun to our trip. It really was a life saver. Feel free to ask any questions. I would love to help.

Today has been my first day post-op and it has been a very rough day. I hope tomorrow will be better. Thanks for the well wishes !!!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

I am so glad your surgery went well
don't over do your recovery time
take it slow

But that being said your dinners looked SOOOO good
esp. the bacon wrapped meatloaf(pardon me while i drool)

Your poor foot
was the whole thing swollen?

Ann and family
who are heading out tonite for 7 days of mousedom
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #50
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Love some WPE! My standby is the turkey cobb salad, but have really enjoyed the chicken strips too. I gave up beef, so I'll just have to drool over your pictures of the meatloaf. Man, I love meatloaf. <sigh> It just isn't the same with turkey.

Your poor foot! So swollen!! I hope you're doing okay today.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
I am so glad your surgery went well
don't over do your recovery time
take it slow

But that being said your dinners looked SOOOO good
esp. the bacon wrapped meatloaf(pardon me while i drool)

Your poor foot
was the whole thing swollen?

Ann and family
who are heading out tonite for 7 days of mousedom
We just love that meatloaf. Sooo yummy.

It swelled up huge every day. If I didn't ice it once or twice a day, then I was going to be in some pain and discomfort.

I hope you have a great trip !! Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Love some WPE! My standby is the turkey cobb salad, but have really enjoyed the chicken strips too. I gave up beef, so I'll just have to drool over your pictures of the meatloaf. Man, I love meatloaf. <sigh> It just isn't the same with turkey.

Your poor foot! So swollen!! I hope you're doing okay today.
Gave up beef ??? Wha ???

The chicken strips are very good.

Today has been a very hard day. I haven't been able to get the pain under control at all. We will see what tomorrow brings ......
Old 09-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 3 – Part 1

We got up early – about 7:30 AM and headed down to Roaring Forks for breakfast.

DH ordered a Bounty Platter

Bounty Platter - with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes and a biscuit $8.29

And this is what he got: scrambled eggs, hash browns and a piece of bacon. I thought I had gotten a photo, but I can’t find it now.

Anyway, they were clearly confused about what a Bounty Platter was. I asked him if he wanted me to fly up there on my broomstick and handle it, but he said to not bother, that this was plenty and the kids wouldn’t eat all theirs, so he would finish their food up. If we had paid OOP for this, however, I would have gone up there and straightened that out. Just sayin’.

DS ordered Pancakes

Pancakes - served with bacon $5.19

I think he might have gotten them to switch the bacon out for hash browns because this is what he ate.

These were good pancakes and the hash browns were good, too. I like them crunchier and we added salt and pepper to them, but they were pretty good.

DD got her some Mickey waffles.

They made these while we waited, so they were very fresh and yummy. DD gobbled them right up.

I had

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwich $5.99

It came with hash browns and it was very good and filling. And I had it again a couple more times throughout the week. Very good breakfast.

After that, we headed down to the dock.

We were going to catch the boat to Magic Kingdom

The sky looked ominous

Now I am not usually afraid of rain. I had packed our ponchos. But I wasn’t sure how the scooter would hold up in the rain, so I checked my phone for radar

Um yeah ….. not looking favorable. We discussed it with the kids and we all decided to head back inside and wait it out.

Halloween Merchandise

Last edited by jecskc; 09-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #53
scdisfan
Earning My Ears

Oh...the Mickey Waffles look delicious!! That is one of our favorites!

Those clouds look like they they could soak you right through in about two seconds! But the WL is a great place to hang out when you have to!

BTW - love your DH's shirt! National Champs - Go Cocks!!

Kelli

DisneyWorldNewsToday.com - See how we do Disney - Famliy Style!

WDW Off Site 2000, 2001; Riverside 2004; Fort Wilderness 2005; Disneyland 2006; POFQ Sept 2007; Swan Oct 2008; Wilderness Lodge Dec 2008; Wilderness Lodge Sept 2009; Off Site March 2010 Surprise Trip!; Pop Century Oct 2010; Contemporary Dec 2010; AP for 2011 - Jan, Feb, April, May, October and November 2011; May 2012 to celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouting!!; Disney Cruise Jan 2013; Nov 2013 Pop & Wilderness Lodge; New Years 2014 AoA; Disney Cruise Feb 2014; June 6-8, 2014 Boardwalk; July 2014 Wilderness Lodge - celebrating Brooke's 10th birthday!; Oct 31-Nov 4, 2014 AoA
Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #54
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That stinks that your Bounty Platter was under-carbohydrated! The rest of the food looks really good though!

I didn't realize WL had a boat to the Contemporary too - I only thought they went to the MK!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #55
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdisfan View Post
Oh...the Mickey Waffles look delicious!! That is one of our favorites!

Those clouds look like they they could soak you right through in about two seconds! But the WL is a great place to hang out when you have to!

BTW - love your DH's shirt! National Champs - Go Cocks!!

Kelli
They cooked the waffles while we waited, too. So they were very fresh and yummy.

It rained pretty hard for several hours, so turning back was the right plan.

Yes !! Goooo Gamecocks !! Watching that football game against Missouri right now. Looking good for another SC win !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That stinks that your Bounty Platter was under-carbohydrated! The rest of the food looks really good though!

I didn't realize WL had a boat to the Contemporary too - I only thought they went to the MK!
I would have gone up and gotten what I asked for myself, but DH didn't want to make a big deal over it and we all had plenty to eat.

We never got the chance to take the boat to the Contemporary, but that is good info for sure. You learn something new on the DIS every day, huh ??
Old 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #56
luckylady
DIS Veteran

I hope by today the pain is getting better. rain yikes your vacation it's not suppose to rain, but then again it's the South wait 10 minutes and it's gone. Funny picture of you heading to the boat. Your face is saying get out of my way or get hit. I"m on the way to a Disney park.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #57
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
I hope by today the pain is getting better. rain yikes your vacation it's not suppose to rain, but then again it's the South wait 10 minutes and it's gone. Funny picture of you heading to the boat. Your face is saying get out of my way or get hit. I"m on the way to a Disney park.
The rain lasted a few hours, and it rained pretty hard, so we were happy with our decision to wait.

LOL at my picture. I am Scooter Mom ... fear me !!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #58
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here and subbing! I'll be back to read and comment tomorrow.

Scooter mom. Hope you're doing better and rocking out in your Mickey pjs.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #59
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here and subbing! I'll be back to read and comment tomorrow.

Scooter mom. Hope you're doing better and rocking out in your Mickey pjs.
Hey Danielle !! I am so happy you stopped by !!

Still rocking the Mickey PJ's. Now I wish I had gotten TWO pair !! You know, so I could mix it up some !! They do make me happy to look at them, though
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #60
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 2

A lady with a baby gave us her arcade card that she said she wouldn’t use, so the we headed to the arcade so the kids could play games.

Of course the points on that card didn’t last long and we purchased $5 more which was 275 points. Games were about 40 points a game.

After that, we headed back to the room.

We chilled for several hours and about 12:30 PM, it looked like the rain was clearing out, so we gathered everyone up and headed out to the bus. It was still sprinkling, so we didn’t want to wait down at the dock. Well we should have taken the boat because the MK bus took FOREVER. At least 35 minutes. Everyone was peeved by it. But finally one came and they got us loaded and we headed over to Magic Kingdom

By this time, the rain had stopped. So we were good to go.

We had planned to eat at Columbia Harbor House for lunch, but as we got close to the castle, DD said she smelled hot dogs. I asked her if that is what she wanted to eat and she said yes. Everyone else was agreeable, so we ate at Casey's for lunch. We grabbed a seat outside since the rain had cooled things off considerably and the temps were perfect.

We had an excellent view

DD, DS and I just got a plain hot dog and added some ketchup

DH loaded his up at the condiment bar.

We all got fries. These were very good hot dogs and here was DD’s assessment

Thumbs up.

The piano player was out and we enjoyed listening to him while we ate

DH and I got Cracker Jacks for dessert.

The kids got a chocolate brownie that is in one of the photos above. We were too full for dessert and I put everything in my bag for later.

Last edited by jecskc; 09-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: