Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
subbing in - thanks for the tip! Be back later to read every detail! Love your TR's!
Hey Erin !!! Glad to have you along !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Hey Sara !! I am so happy you stopped in !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi there So sorry about you ankle!! Looking forward to another fabulous trip report. The villa looks awesome. I bet that Jacuzzi comes in handy after a long day at the parks. Just curious, how long does it take you to drive from SC? -Amanda
Hey Amanda !! Thanks for checking in !! I have a jacuzzi at home that I haven't been able to use because it is very hard to get in and out of the tub with one leg. DD enjoyed some some time in the tub though !!

It takes us about 6.5 to 7.5 hours depending upon traffic patterns. So, not a bad drive for us at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hello!

Oh man, I'm sorry that you were scooter-laden for this visit to the World.

Thanks for the many pictures of your Wilderness Lodge villa...I don't think I've seen them so well-documented before.
Hey Glenn !! Thanks for stopping by !!

Yep, the ankle thing has really sucked for sure.

It is hard to find a lot of pictures of the villas at WL. I should go over to their thread and post these, I guess. Someone else might like to see them, maybe.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 2 – Part One

We kinda slept in a little this morning. We decided to take it easy on this morning because we didn’t know what the scooter situation would be and DH wanted to watch his football game which started at noon. So we planned to just chill on this day and kind of go with the flow.

Of course, I called the scooter people right away. And they let me know how sorry they were and that they would credit a day for me and that my scooter was already downstairs waiting for me. YAY !!! So DH took the wheelchair back and went to get the scooter for me.

While he was gone, I took photos of our view off of the balcony.

Master Bedroom Balcony

Living Room Balcony

We spent very little time out there, so it wasn’t a big deal. But perhaps, if we had a better view, we would have spent more time out there.

Anyway, DH arrived back with the scooter !! YAY !!!

(angels singing)

I just loved it !!

Isn’t it funny how you think if you lean forward, it will make you go faster ?? LOL. Anyway, having the scooter on this trip was a complete lifesaver. It was seriously so fun scootering around everywhere. I had the best time with it. It sure beat hauling myself around all day on crutches or having to listen to DH complain about having to push me everywhere in the wheelchair. Because, I’ll be honest, that wouldn’t be any fun for him at all and I am not exactly a lightweight.

So DH gets the scooter back and plays with it. Drives it up and down the hallway, takes it apart, puts it back together. You know, guy stuff.

We all got dressed and went to check out the resort.

The Villas lobby

Fireplace

More lobby

The Villas outside

The Hidden Springs Pool

This pool had these giant jets on the bottom that created these huge bubblers throughout the pool. There were about four or five of them. It was really cool.

The beach where they showed movies every night.

We headed towards the main pool.

Last edited by jecskc; 10-07-2012 at 10:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

I love the pictures of the villa's
(check out the little girl getting ready to jump into her daddy's arms in the last picture--so cute)

Aren't men different, they have to "check things out" to 'make sure they are ok"
But i am sure he had fun doing so--you sure look like you were (having fun that is) in spite of the injury

Keep the updates comming
Ann and family
Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
I love the pictures of the villa's
(check out the little girl getting ready to jump into her daddy's arms in the last picture--so cute)

Aren't men different, they have to "check things out" to 'make sure they are ok"
But i am sure he had fun doing so--you sure look like you were (having fun that is) in spite of the injury

Keep the updates comming
Ann and family
I did notice that little girl. So precious !! My DD just loved the slide at that pool.

The scooter really WAS fun, although there were some challenges that came along with that. Mostly other people. They look in your direction and you think they see you, but they don't. They just keep on walking right into you. and little kids were always darting out in front of me. I never hit anyone, but I sure came close. Thankfully it wasn't crowded at all when we were there. I can see where that would be a REAL challenge.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

The villas lobby is gorgeous! Did it have that great smoky smell going on? LOVE the train. If we ever stay over at WL again, we'll have to make a point to go over and see that at the villas. That bubbly pool sounds wonderful. What a cool feature. My DD loves the water slide at the main pool too. After our last trip I if CSR had the best slide of all the resorts we've stayed in. She said she liked WL's better. I was surprised b/c that CSR slide looked pretty darn cool, and I don't remember the WL one being all that special. Clearly I missed out on something.

Glad the scooter company was apologetic and their mistake did not hold you up in the morning. Considering everything, would you recommend the company? If my mom
Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
The villas lobby is gorgeous! Did it have that great smoky smell going on? LOVE the train. If we ever stay over at WL again, we'll have to make a point to go over and see that at the villas. That bubbly pool sounds wonderful. What a cool feature. My DD loves the water slide at the main pool too. After our last trip I if CSR had the best slide of all the resorts we've stayed in. She said she liked WL's better. I was surprised b/c that CSR slide looked pretty darn cool, and I don't remember the WL one being all that special. Clearly I missed out on something.

Glad the scooter company was apologetic and their mistake did not hold you up in the morning. Considering everything, would you recommend the company? If my mom
We love WLV. So far though, we all love the Boardwalk the best. And the kids say that is the best slide so far. That doesn't mean we didn't love the other places, but Boardwalk is holding first place right now. DH really likes the woodsy feel of WL though.

Yes, it was Apple Scooter and even though there were two little problems, I would highly recommend them as they were very friendly and very quick to help when we had issues. The scooter was small and easy to take apart and put back together and it fit into the back of our car easily. DH and DS were a good team getting it in and out. Plus, they were very economical. To rent a scooter in the parks - just for the park - Disney charges $50 a day. Whereas this company was $133 for the whole week. A good deal, I say. I was really happy with it and to tell the truth, now that I am back home and dealing with these crutches, I really miss my scooter - BAD !!!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
scdisfan
Earning My Ears

It is nice to run into another South Carolinian here on the DIS! Was that football game perhaps the University of SC Gamecocks?!?

Thanks for the photos of the WLV. It looks great. WL is one of our favorites but we have never stayed in the Villas.

Sooooo sorry about your ankle! But the scooters are the bomb when you need one. I hope that it helped make it through your trip with ease.

Can't wait to read more!

Kelli

DisneyWorldNewsToday.com - All the WDW news on one site!

WDW Off Site 2000, 2001; Riverside 2004; Fort Wilderness 2005; Disneyland 2006; POFQ Sept 2007; Swan Oct 2008; Wilderness Lodge Dec 2008; Wilderness Lodge Sept 2009; Off Site March 2010 Surprise Trip!; Pop Century Oct 2010; Contemporary Dec 2010; AP for 2011 - Jan, Feb, April, May, October and November 2011; May 2012 to celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouting!!; Disney Cruise Jan 2013; Nov 2013 Pop & Wilderness Lodge; New Years 2014 AoA; Disney Cruise Feb 2014; June 6-8, 2013 Pop Century; Oct 31-Nov 4, 2014 AoA
Old 09-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #23
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdisfan View Post
It is nice to run into another South Carolinian here on the DIS! Was that football game perhaps the University of SC Gamecocks?!?

Thanks for the photos of the WLV. It looks great. WL is one of our favorites but we have never stayed in the Villas.

Sooooo sorry about your ankle! But the scooters are the bomb when you need one. I hope that it helped make it through your trip with ease.

Can't wait to read more!

Kelli
Kelli !! Yes, USC all the way baby !!!

We love the Wilderness Lodge.

The scooter was really fun and I now that I am back in the real world, I really miss it !!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2- Part Two

Exploring the resort – continued.

A panoramic view

We checked out the gift shop.

And we got

A coffee cup

Some confetti popcorn

And some chocolate coins for DD

At this time, it was about 11 AM and we were hungry. So we went to Roaring Forks

to pick up our mugs and get some lunch.

The kids ordered what they always order. No surprises there.
Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) - French Fries or Vegetable Salad $7.89

DH and I decided to split the

Roast Beef and Blue Cheese - with vegetable salad or House-made chips $9.39

This was really outside our box so to speak, but we were both really surprised at how good it was. It was nice blend of savory flavors that we enjoyed. The sandwich was huge, though. I never would have been able to eat the whole thing myself.

For dessert, I had a Mickey Rice Krispie treat. Which I ate later.

The kids had ice cream. They had a self serve station there.

DS put root beer in his to make a float. And DD added the chocolate coins she got in the gift shop to hers.

We were pleased with lunch and bellies full, we set off to explore more of the resort.

As I scootered up this ramp, I noticed my battery go way down on power and I thought it was odd. (foreshadowing ….)
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Susan! Thanks for taking and posting all the pics of your villa. I was wondering if you might recall if there was enough room on the floor of the master bedroom for a twin-size air mattress? We are thinking about taking a trip next year and inviting my son's GF to go with. Wondering if there would be room for DS on the floor of the bedroom, so that his GF could have the living room area all to herself???

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #26
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Susan! Thanks for taking and posting all the pics of your villa. I was wondering if you might recall if there was enough room on the floor of the master bedroom for a twin-size air mattress? We are thinking about taking a trip next year and inviting my son's GF to go with. Wondering if there would be room for DS on the floor of the bedroom, so that his GF could have the living room area all to herself???
Hey Barb !! Yes, I thought there was enough room for that.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #27
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

nice panoramic view what camera did you use

Your son reminds me of my son at that age

the hurry up at take the stupid picture

NO FAIR a cliff hanger
Ann and family
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

WL really is a gorgeous resort! I love your photos of it!

Your meal at Roaring Forks sounds really good. Random question: I noticed that your rice krispy treat was on a stick there, does it seem like they're being packaged like that now, or is that just a CS thing, and the shops still sell them in the little square bag, no stick?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
luckylady
DIS Veteran

We stayed two night at WL and I fell in love with it. The Villas looks beautiful makes me wish we weren't to old to buy into DVC. Bummer about your foot. I hope it didn't give you to much trouble. and good luck with surgery on Thursday. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
nice panoramic view what camera did you use

Your son reminds me of my son at that age

the hurry up at take the stupid picture

NO FAIR a cliff hanger
Ann and family
We have a Sony Cybershot. I think it takes pretty good point and shoot photos.

Yes, he is not into photos here lately. It is hard to get a good shot of him. DD is still a poser though.

It that a cliff hanger ?? YAY !! I don't think I have ever had one of those before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
WL really is a gorgeous resort! I love your photos of it!

Your meal at Roaring Forks sounds really good. Random question: I noticed that your rice krispy treat was on a stick there, does it seem like they're being packaged like that now, or is that just a CS thing, and the shops still sell them in the little square bag, no stick?
WL is sooo beautiful !! You know I thought the whole Rice Krispie on a stick thing was strange, too. I mean, once you take a bite, it slides off the stick anyway. It's stupid. Maybe it is to prevent sticky fingers. But don't you expect to get sticky fingers when you eat one of those things ?? I did notice that the RK treats were NOT on a stick in the stores. And we did buy one of those, too. Well, we used a snack credit. 'Cuz, you know, everything tastes better if it is Mickey shaped !! AmIright ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
We stayed two night at WL and I fell in love with it. The Villas looks beautiful makes me wish we weren't to old to buy into DVC. Bummer about your foot. I hope it didn't give you to much trouble. and good luck with surgery on Thursday. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Hey !! Thanks for stopping by !! Yes, WL is sooo pretty !! We love how warm and welcoming it is.

I suggest renting DVC points. It really is cheaper than paying Disney prices for Deluxe. Look into it. It is worth it !! The scooter was a life saver on this trip. Thanks for the well wishes !! I really do dread that surgery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: