Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #151
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry your DS wasn't feeling well.

Can't wait to see AoA for the first time!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #152
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry your DS wasn't feeling well.

Can't wait to see AoA for the first time!
Yes, it was weird how he was sick all of a sudden. He was white as a sheet, too. He was fine the next day, so maybe it was just a bad headache from all of the excitement of the trip.

I have some pretty good photos, I guess. Teekapony's are really good, though!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #153
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yes, it was weird how he was sick all of a sudden. He was white as a sheet, too. He was fine the next day, so maybe it was just a bad headache from all of the excitement of the trip.

I have some pretty good photos, I guess. Teekapony's are really good, though!!
I actually meant in person! I can't wait to see your pics either though!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #155
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Wow! What a TR you have here! I have been reading along, but it's hard for me to post because I read in bed and DH doesn't like my nails tapping the keyboard on 11pm! You poor thing with that foot! I am a PT so I totally understand the pain level you went through when trying to walk on it AND your post surgical pain! How is it going now? Are you still off from work? I had to relate to your fall down the stairs, all it takes is a little distraction and multi-tasking and those stairs and walls get in the way! And if I remember correctly, your back probably doesn't need all this either! Well, hang in there and I will keep you in my prayers.

The trip looks great! I honestly have not seen many of those pictures from Wilderness Lodge DVC, so nice! The food pictures are great (although late night eating is my downfall, so thanks for making me hungry!) We are staying at AoA this month for 1 night before our 7 night Fantasy Cruise. I can't wait! But the DVC desires still haunt me and I have yet to talk DH into it. I think it's ideal for you since you can drive, flying is so expensive and it's 24 hours drive from MI, we have done it, but not fun!

Well, thanks for writing the TR and sharing the magic with us. Keep healing!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #156
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your meal at Landscape of Flavors SOUNDS really good - too bad it didn't really taste as good as you had hoped! I do think it's great that they have more interesting dishes like that!

Oh no, I hope DS was feeling better soon!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #157
cglow9
Earning My Ears

Aha! Found you!

There is something surreal about stumbling on to DISboards for the first time in my LIFE and almost immediately finding a friend I've known for 20 years!

So glad the trip went well - now get that foot better so we can actually COORDINATE. A combined trip sometime!

And.... So, have you figured out if you're related to my husband yet?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #158
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Wow! What a TR you have here! I have been reading along, but it's hard for me to post because I read in bed and DH doesn't like my nails tapping the keyboard on 11pm! You poor thing with that foot! I am a PT so I totally understand the pain level you went through when trying to walk on it AND your post surgical pain! How is it going now? Are you still off from work? I had to relate to your fall down the stairs, all it takes is a little distraction and multi-tasking and those stairs and walls get in the way! And if I remember correctly, your back probably doesn't need all this either! Well, hang in there and I will keep you in my prayers.

The trip looks great! I honestly have not seen many of those pictures from Wilderness Lodge DVC, so nice! The food pictures are great (although late night eating is my downfall, so thanks for making me hungry!) We are staying at AoA this month for 1 night before our 7 night Fantasy Cruise. I can't wait! But the DVC desires still haunt me and I have yet to talk DH into it. I think it's ideal for you since you can drive, flying is so expensive and it's 24 hours drive from MI, we have done it, but not fun!

Well, thanks for writing the TR and sharing the magic with us. Keep healing!
Erin
This is a pretty rough recovery and my pain levels are a little higher today due to moving from a splint to a cast.

I am still home from work, but I have been able to take some projects on while at home. Thanks for the well wishes !!

Yes, I have found that there aren't a whole lot of WLV photos out there. I keep meaning to post these on the resort thread so everyone can see.

Being able to drive down is a big plus. We definitely wouldn't go as often if we didn't live in driving range.

Sorry for making you hungry !! I have to stay off the Dining reviews thread and Pinterest at certain times of the day myself.

How exciting that you have the Fantasy cruise coming up !! You will love AoA. We especially liked the Cars section at night. It really was super cool !!

Thanks for stopping by !!!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #159
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meal at Landscape of Flavors SOUNDS really good - too bad it didn't really taste as good as you had hoped! I do think it's great that they have more interesting dishes like that!

Oh no, I hope DS was feeling better soon!!
He got to feeling better later. Just a bad headache was all. I was so glad he wasn't really sick. One invalid was enough on this trip/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglow9 View Post
There is something surreal about stumbling on to DISboards for the first time in my LIFE and almost immediately finding a friend I've known for 20 years!

So glad the trip went well - now get that foot better so we can actually COORDINATE. A combined trip sometime!

And.... So, have you figured out if you're related to my husband yet?
Hahahaha !!!! Good stuff !!! I am sooooo happy you are here !! Lots of really great info on the Disboards !! You know you can ask me anything !!

I would love a combined trip !! We would have so much fun !!

I chased that rabbit down the proverbial hole and I didn't find a connection .... yet. They were a pretty prolific bunch, so that will take a while .... LOL. I may start with him and go back and see if I can find a link there. Fun stuff !!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #161
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 6

The Cars section

DD had gotten a Nala plush with her money in the gift shop and the toy needed to be in all of the photos.

This pool had the Cozy Cones surrounding it. They were set up as cabanas.

So cute !!

You can't see it in the photos, but all through this section they had a walkway made to look like a highway. I found this delightful on my scooter. Like they put it there just for me and my scooter. I really LOVED this section !!!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-03-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #162
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I think we're going to visit at night, so I'm super excited to see the resort.

Your poor son. At least he had a movie in the car while he wasn't feeling well.

Love that the cozy cones are the cabanas. That's pretty cool.

Oh no, Mater's eating Nala!!!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #163
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Great pictures! I think we're going to visit at night, so I'm super excited to see the resort.

Your poor son. At least he had a movie in the car while he wasn't feeling well.

Love that the cozy cones are the cabanas. That's pretty cool.

Oh no, Mater's eating Nala!!!
We did ask him if he needed to go back and he did say he would be fine in the car. He eventually got out to come find us. He just needed a good night's rest !! Poor little bug.

The Cars section was amazing !! I have a feeling that will be the most popular section. The themeing was spot on !!

LOL on Mater eating Nala !!! She is hilarious !!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #164
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

Sorry your foot is still hurting but i love the cast--very pretty

Great night shots of AOA

It looks like a fun resort

Ann and family
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #165
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

They did such an incredible job with this resort. Did yall go see the Lion King section?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: