Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #136
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
I'm late to the party, but I'm here! Can't wait to get caught up on your report. We were there the same time! Next time we need to plan a meet and greet to say Hi!
We do !!! I so didn't know you were going to be there at the same time !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
OMG, that's hilarious! Phineas and Ferb topiaries.

What, no Beverly shots at Club Cool?

Hahahahahahahaha............note to self.......never leave a man alone with a camera.

The new counter service in Mexico is really really good. I am so happy with the changes that they made. The nachos there, like the ones that are the meal, are amazing!
I have never been brave enough to try the Beverly. But DD sure does love that China soda.

Oh he takes some other photos later, you will see.

We really liked the Mexico QS. Very yummy food !!

Quote:
Ugg if we didn't have plans with 20 friends to conquer Hollywood Studios we would have waited it out too. We arrived pre RD to DHS and by the time we were halfway down the street it was sprinkling. It soaked us all morning and most of the afternoon. We had fun but that rain was a bummer. The rest of the week we were pretty lucky weather wise though.
The weather really was nice. Last year it was so hot and humid. This year was perfect !!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #137
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THE PHINEAS AND FERB TOPIARIES MUST STILL BE THERE WHEN I GO. I have rarely ever seen anything as fantastic as that.

Your meal at La Cantina looks really good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #138
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THE PHINEAS AND FERB TOPIARIES MUST STILL BE THERE WHEN I GO. I have rarely ever seen anything as fantastic as that.

Your meal at La Cantina looks really good!
I hope they are still there for you !!! They were really cute.

Yes, the La Cantina meal was very good. We are definitely going back there again. And next time, I'm getting a margarita !!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #139
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I am so glad tomorrow is Taco Tuesday at my house, MMMMM that looked good. I have not eatin there since the refurb. Look's good.

What is it with men and urinals ????
I can't leave the camera with my DH either. I usually get pics of nose pickers

Hope you enjoyed the quiet relaxing day !! Every day is a day closer to re hab !!
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #140
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I am so glad tomorrow is Taco Tuesday at my house, MMMMM that looked good. I have not eatin there since the refurb. Look's good.

What is it with men and urinals ????
I can't leave the camera with my DH either. I usually get pics of nose pickers

Hope you enjoyed the quiet relaxing day !! Every day is a day closer to re hab !!
It really was good. Yum !!

Nose pickers !! LOL !!! He liked the urinal because it had our last name on it. I was like, "I'm not 100% sure that is a good thing".

I did get a nap. I am so ready to get this splint off !!! Super uncomfortable !! I am not sure the next two months in a cast will be better, but at least having the splint off and that staples out will help. I hope anyway.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm going to be honest and admit I skimmed a lot (or I'll never catch up on all my subscribed threads), but I am enjoying (as always) your updates (your daughter is just too darn cute). I should be able to keep up now that we are back.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #142
MEK
DIS Veteran

I was looking at the picture going ...hmmmm......crane? Then *bam*

Lunch looks delish! So does that slushy?

I have to ask, too, where's the Beverly? It's not a trip to Club Cool without someone trying the Beverly.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #143
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, I'm back from our trip and you are already on day 4, had your surgery and are bed bound. I am glad for you that at least that phase is almost over!!

I am so happy that you survived your scooter trip and found a lot of rides that were minimal to no walking! I must admit, I really didn't mind being scooter Grammie at all!! It was fun, except for the people who would make rude scooter comments, when they walked into you when they were not looking. lol

You know, I was hoping to catch up with you somewhere along the way, but I was thinking about you throughout the beginning of our trip!!

Your kidlets are already looking older, since your last trip report. I can't believe that!! They are so cute!! Don't tell your son I said that please. O don't think he would be impressed!!

Love, love, love Wilderness Lodge, but have only stayed in a studio there. I wish they sold the birdcage in the Villa lobby!! I love that thing so much!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! Maybe it;s a good thing they don't sell it, I don't have room for it.

Looking forward to more of your trip adventures and hope the rest of your bedbound time goes quick as a wink!! Prayers and good thoughts for a complete and quick recovery!!

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #144
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I'm going to be honest and admit I skimmed a lot (or I'll never catch up on all my subscribed threads), but I am enjoying (as always) your updates (your daughter is just too darn cute). I should be able to keep up now that we are back.
I followed your trip on Facebook !! Looking forward to reading your TR when you get it started !! Thanks so much !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I was looking at the picture going ...hmmmm......crane? Then *bam*

Lunch looks delish! So does that slushy?

I have to ask, too, where's the Beverly? It's not a trip to Club Cool without someone trying the Beverly.
My family knows to steer clear of the Beverly. I was only able to trick DH once and now everyone avoids that one !! To tell the truth, I have never tried it myself.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #145
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh my goodness, I'm back from our trip and you are already on day 4, had your surgery and are bed bound. I am glad for you that at least that phase is almost over!!

Yes, that first week was very rough. The second has been better, but isn't ideal by any means. A slow and frustrating recovery

I am so happy that you survived your scooter trip and found a lot of rides that were minimal to no walking! I must admit, I really didn't mind being scooter Grammie at all!! It was fun, except for the people who would make rude scooter comments, when they walked into you when they were not looking. lol

I really enjoyed the scooter to tell the truth. I didn't really encounter rude people as much as ones that just don't pay attention. They look like they are looking right at you, but walk straight into you. They just don't SEE you. Little kids were the ones that worried me the most. They would ALWAYS be the ones to pop right out in front of you. I will say though, we didn't encounter any rude people. We found that most people were very friendly and eager to help.

You know, I was hoping to catch up with you somewhere along the way, but I was thinking about you throughout the beginning of our trip!!

I hope you had a great trip !! Are you going to do a TR ??

Your kidlets are already looking older, since your last trip report. I can't believe that!! They are so cute!! Don't tell your son I said that please. O don't think he would be impressed!!

I know, right ?? They are growing like crazy. Turns out if you keep feeding them, they keep growing. Who knew ?? LOL.

Love, love, love Wilderness Lodge, but have only stayed in a studio there. I wish they sold the birdcage in the Villa lobby!! I love that thing so much!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! Maybe it;s a good thing they don't sell it, I don't have room for it.

Yes, Wilderness Lodge has such a cool and calming presence that we very much enjoyed. LOL about the birdcage. Maybe you can find a smaller one. I had the passing thought that it would be a good "time out" spot for the kids !!! LOL

Looking forward to more of your trip adventures and hope the rest of your bedbound time goes quick as a wink!! Prayers and good thoughts for a complete and quick recovery!!
Thanks so much !! It has been a challenge, but I will get through it. Glad you are along to relive the trip with us !!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #146
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 4

After lunch we decided to head back to the resort for some rest. We rode Spaceship Earth on the way out and THAT was a longer walk to the ride from the HC entrance then they said it would be. I had to hop a lot, so if you have an injury that makes it painful to walk, I would advise against riding this one. It was fine once I got on, but walking to and from the ride vehicle was too many steps.

Anyway, after the ride, DS, DH and DD played games afterwards and really enjoyed them.

After that, we headed back to Wilderness Lodge and DD and I went to the Hidden Springs pool (the quiet pool by the villas). I just sat on the stairs while DD swam a little. DH came down to get her and take her to the big pool so she could ride the slide, while I went back and did some laundry and iced the ankle.

I took more photos of the lobby.

I rested until dinner time and we all got ready and went over to the Art of Animation resort to check things out over there and have dinner at their food court Landscape of Flavors

DS wasn’t feeling well for some reason. He had a headache all of a sudden, so I was kinda worried about him.

Each of us wanted something from a different bay, so that was a juggle. DD got pizza

It was pretty good pizza and it came with a nice side Caeser salad.

I really went outside the box and ordered DH and I Mongolian Stir Fry with basamati rice and acorn squash. It came with Naan bread.

OK. I am going to break this down for you. DH and I both liked the beef stir fry. It had a good savory flavor. The rice didn’t seem like it was cooked all of the way. It was kinda crunchy, so the texture was off-putting. The acorn squash was very blah. My mom used to make it with butter and brown sugar and this just didn’t have any flavor at all to me. I really liked the Naan bread, but DH wasn’t into it.

So we would try something else next time.

DS ordered a cheeseburger

He was feeling very bad, though and only managed a few bites. Then he went back to the car to lay down. I had a bite or two of his burger and it was really good. DH finished it up.

For dessert, the kids got cupcakes

DD ate hers but we took DS’s back with us.

DH and I got this little Chocolate Ganache cake thingy.

This was super yummy. It was very rich and chocolate-y. And it’s Mickey shaped. And we all know that makes everything taste better !!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-02-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #147
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Man, that stinks that the HC entrance at SE had such a long way for you to get in.

I constantly get distracted by the games when you exit SE. I'm always so tempted to just walk over and mess with them for hours. Easily amused I am.

I love Naan bread! I am excited to go to Landscape of Flavors to give it a try.

Mickey shaped = tasty. That is the correct equation, you are right.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #148
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Man, that stinks that the HC entrance at SE had such a long way for you to get in.

I constantly get distracted by the games when you exit SE. I'm always so tempted to just walk over and mess with them for hours. Easily amused I am.

I love Naan bread! I am excited to go to Landscape of Flavors to give it a try.

Mickey shaped = tasty. That is the correct equation, you are right.
We never really stop to pay them because I get so impatient. But this time we did a lot of things that we wouldn't normally do. I guess that fact that I was sitting down the whole time helped me be more patient. I dunno. But we stopped to do those kinds of things more often on this trip.

I really liked the Naan bread and the stir fry. The rice and squash were a miss though. That rice was crunchy, which is just not yummy.

That little ganache cake was sooo good. It would go so nicely with my coffee right now !!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #149
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I'm all caught up, loving the trip report as usual. Epcot day took me a little longer b/c I had to scour each picture looking for us, we were at Epcot for a while that day! I can't wait to see what the rest of your days were filled with. I am swamped at work (real and my fun job) but next month when everything calms down maybe I will be able to get around to posting a TR for our trip.

I hope your feeling better since your surgery, that must be awful. I had some foot issues no broken bones 2 years ago and that can just in general make you feel bad all over. Hopefully you will be back on your feet (pin intended!) soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #150
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm all caught up, loving the trip report as usual. Epcot day took me a little longer b/c I had to scour each picture looking for us, we were at Epcot for a while that day! I can't wait to see what the rest of your days were filled with. I am swamped at work (real and my fun job) but next month when everything calms down maybe I will be able to get around to posting a TR for our trip.

I hope your feeling better since your surgery, that must be awful. I had some foot issues no broken bones 2 years ago and that can just in general make you feel bad all over. Hopefully you will be back on your feet (pin intended!) soon.
I am bummed we never got to see each other !!

Thanks for the well wishes. The recovery has been painful and frustrating and isn't even close to being over yet. But thanks !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: