Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #106
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If free dining is built into your room fee, why doesn't everyone that pays rack rate get it included every day, all year. Are you saying when they offer free dining, they are charging more than Rack Rate for the rooms to cover the cost of the dining?
You didn't highlight the line where RS says "6) And, it comes off the profit margin of the hotel General Manager."

"It" = "cost of the dining plan (or other promotion such as a discount)"
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #107
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
I don't see any vegetarian choices in the "choice of three" portion of the dinner menu.
There aren't any. There are also no salads in the starter list. Possibly they will say the vegetable sides are the vegetarian alternatives. They may also prepare a separate vegetarian alternative not on the menu, but somebody would have to be the first to ask.

Quote:
Its odd. The whole family has to agree on 3 choices?. Of what is listed, my mom only eats the fish. My sister only eats the fish and chicken (no red meat) and my husband doesnt eat the fish, but would like more of the meat choices. Can you order individual platters so people can pick their own three?
It was mentioned somewhere earlier that if you asked for a refill, you could choose a different meat. Get fish, chicken, and one meat, then refill a different meat.
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #108
LunaCup
1 cruise away from Gold Castaway Club Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
I don't see any vegetarian choices in the "choice of three" portion of the dinner menu.
Vegetarian options are not printed on the menu but are still available upon request. As Suzannews said the quinoa cakes and the pasta option. To the poster who said the vegetables are the vegetarian option that is incorrect, there are two meals to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
I have a question, will the cornbread & butter still be included?

TIA -
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by missycj96 View Post
Its odd. The whole family has to agree on 3 choices?. Of what is listed, my mom only eats the fish. My sister only eats the fish and chicken (no red meat) and my husband doesnt eat the fish, but would like more of the meat choices. Can you order individual platters so people can pick their own three?
This is the part that may seem the most confusing but you can essentially get all of the meats. You can start by picking three and then place an order for the other 2 you missed out on or more of the first 3 you ordered. No one will be missing out on something they want to try.

DCL:
Disney Magic Aug. '08 7 night
Disney Wonder Mar. '07 4 night
Disney Wonder May '07 3 night
Disney Wonder Sept. '08 3 night
LunaCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #109
danetter
DIS Veteran

Ate there last night. We have ate there for the last 4 yrs and we wished we would have cancelled. It has gone up to 32.99 plus the cost of the drinks. Yes the cornbread is included but no salad like before but the dessert is included in the price of the meal which is all you care to eat. Dessert is brought out with 3 desserts and you can ask for more of what you want.

1986 - offsite, 1990 - offsite, Oct. 2008 - All Star Music,
Sept/Oct. 2009 - Pop Century, Sept. 2010 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2012 - All Star Music, Sept. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
danetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #110
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetter View Post
Ate there last night. We have ate there for the last 4 yrs and we wished we would have cancelled. It has gone up to 32.99 plus the cost of the drinks. Yes the cornbread is included but no salad like before but the dessert is included in the price of the meal which is all you care to eat. Dessert is brought out with 3 desserts and you can ask for more of what you want.
Youch .....no way.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #111
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you have to pay for the bottomless milkshakes? That used to be included with the skillet, right? Bummer.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #112
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

No, the milkshakes were not included with the skillet, but you could get them as your beverage on the dining plan (which I assume is still OK)
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #113
TheRealDrDisney
Mouseketeer

A moment of silence for the loss of the pulled pork on the platter.

TheRealDrDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #114
PrincessDana
See missed attractions or revisit favorites.....decisions, decisions!!!
The Tag Fairies' popularity is a kick to them, too!! :)

Quote:
So, how did the food taste? In particular, the desserts? Any opinions?

I thought the jalepeno-lime cheesecake sounded gross (but then I don't like peppers at all).

05/2014: It's been so long! Combined USO/IOA onsite and WDW!!
10/2012: Back onsite, POFQ, free dining again!
10/2011: My first extended family trip. 10 in all, 8 newbies!! Plus sneaking over to IOA to check out RPR and HP!
06/2011---Another quick trip offsite!
05/2010---Quick weekend trip to Bonnet Creek Resort with the "in-laws"...off-site was surprisingly okay. lol
09/2009 Saratoga Springs, one-bedroom villa, first free dining....grownups only!!
10/2008 All-Star Sports
10/2007 Coronado Springs.
10/2006 Pop Century
02/2006--My 30th birthday solo trip at Pop Century
09/2005 Polynesian
12/2004 Wilderness Lodge
10/2003 Coronado Springs
06/2002 Caribbean Beach
PrincessDana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #115
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDrDisney View Post
A moment of silence for the loss of the pulled pork on the platter.

1) I, too, mourn.
2) But, more than just the pulled pork.
3) I mourn the deterioration of food value & quality due to DDP.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #116
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if the kids can still get the platter and what the price is? I don't see that mentioned anywhere.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #117
summy32
Earning My Ears

It looks like the mashed potatoes are gone too. We always asked for 2nds and 3rds on them. So good! Looks like they have been replaced with herb crusted yukon gold potatoes. So maybe if enough people cancel ADR's and stop eating there they will get the hint. I know doubtful. I am just glad that I am on the disboards and knew about the changes or we would have had a very unhappy family when we sat down and looked at the menu. We would have had to leave because the ala carte is gone for my kids. Now to look for a replacement for that dinner for 9 days from now!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #118
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

One of the servers posting here will probably have to clarify, but the dinner menu has a separate kids menu, and no kids' price for the platter. Kids on DDP have to order from the kids menu, might mean kids are excluded from the platter.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #119
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) I, too, mourn.
2) But, more than just the pulled pork.
3) I mourn the deterioration of food value & quality due to DDP.
No pulled pork + no salad + no a la carte = no need to go to WCC anymore.

Let's all just remember it how it used to be - a real WDW dining destination, not how it is now - an assembly line of mediocrity.

Just canceled my ADR for dinner - going to Hoop Dee Doo instead, where I'll never be disappointed.

Shame on you, WCC

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #120
suzannews
Bon Jovi rocks!
Proud Mom to Lindsey Megan :)
Someone stole my Mickey antenna topper!!!

I will try and answer as many questions as possible, sorry if I miss yours...

Yes, there is a salad in the starter's section of the menu. I missed it when I posted the dinner menu after work late last night. I edited my menu post to include it.

Yes, cornbread and butter are still included with dinner.

Vegetarian options are available as I previously posted. Last night we were able to offer a vegetarian pasta as well as the quinoa cakes that were on the last menu. They are not listed, you just have to ask for them.

As for the "pick 3 meats" listed under the platter, yes, you pick 3 to start for the table. You are then able to reorder any of the 5 including those not originally picked. So, yes, you can try all 5 of the meats if you choose to.

I've worked at WCC for over 12 years and milk shakes have never been included in the price of the skillet. They are included in your options for a beverage or dessert on the meal plan though, always have been and continue to be.

Yes, kids can order the platter as their dinner and eat with the adults. I didn't have any one order it last night for a child as I don't know the price, sorry.

The herb crushed potatoes are mashed potatoes and we have been serving them for awhile now.

I am not a cheesecake fan so I have not tried the jalapeno lime cheesecake but I've been told to describe it as a key lime pie with a kick and all of my tables have agreed with that. It has chocolate brownie bottom and topped with whipped cream and a candied jalapeno.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: