Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #181
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaCup View Post
The vegetarian meals are a la carte upon request.
Interesting, so this change in the dinner menu actually has no impact on us at all.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #182
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,180

Disney, if you're monitoring the restaurant boards, would you please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken - like Cape May menu also - no ribs, peel and eat shrimp, oreo bon-bons, etc.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #183
vassar36
Mouseketeer
 
vassar36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 318

looks like i will canceling our Nov reservation, DH will only the fish, and my 10 year old will is not a big meat eater, so I am not paying over $100 for (3 Disney adults, 1 child) for a meal for BBQ food which 2 of the 3 adults are less thrilled about to begin with....too bad because we are staying at that resort...
__________________

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's
vassar36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #184
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 726

I have a quick question. We have one reservation for two different families and two different dining plans. That being said does each family get their own platter and the choice of three meats or are we all considered one? We have already discussed what meats we will start with, but if each family is considered its own platter I just want to be prepared.

This type of preparedness is the over planner in me.

Thanks!
__________________
Andrea

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad


1stTimeDisneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #185
Buttercup2009
Mouseketeer
 
Buttercup2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 182

None of those desserts sound appealing to me. Will they let you subsitute them for something else? (Such as the apple caramel pie or S'mores that's on the dessert menu)
__________________
Buttercup2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #186
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
I have a quick question. We have one reservation for two different families and two different dining plans. That being said does each family get their own platter and the choice of three meats or are we all considered one? We have already discussed what meats we will start with, but if each family is considered its own platter I just want to be prepared.

This type of preparedness is the over planner in me.

Thanks!
The platter is family style. One will be served with enough food for everyone at the table to share. You can get refills. With the refills you can ask for meats you didn't get previously. If you are all at the same table, each family will not get its own platter.

The dining plans will only come in when you pay; each party will get a separate check. Make sure you inform the server when you order that your party has two different dining plans, and who is on which plan.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #187
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalj1 View Post
Jimmy,

Your forgetting the cost to carry and prepare the a la carte options. The restaurant must carry the ingredients, train the staff, and print he menus for those options. If he cost to do all that is more than 20% of the price on the menu then the dish is generally losing money for the restaurant. In this case the more people order it the more moey he restaurant loses!
He's also closer to the goals of Disney Dining. Not to provide you a high quality experience, but to wring as much money from as many guests as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Next step will be cattle prods to provide a realistic experience and move you along
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #188
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
He's also closer to the goals of Disney Dining. Not to provide you a high quality experience, but to wring as much money from as many guests as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Next step will be cattle prods to provide a realistic experience and move you along
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS5
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #189
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 693

Restaurants already have that ... they just turn up the air conditioning.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #190
skalenik
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36

We made ressies at WCC for Christmas Day because it was one of our favorite restaurants. Now that we see the menu has changed, we are thinking of cancelling. Is there any type of special menu WCC would have for the holiday that would be different than this new menu? The new menu is unappealing to us and are glad that we found out about the change before showing up on Christmas.
skalenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #191
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Disney, if you're monitoring the restaurant boards, would you please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken - like Cape May menu also - no ribs, peel and eat shrimp, oreo bon-bons, etc.
Whoa! Wait a minute! I knew Cape May no longer had the oreo bons bons, but they don't have the ribs and peel and eat shrimp either? I hadn't heard this! I'm not touching crab legs (too much trouble and too messy for too little gain. Of course peel and eat shrimp are also messy and alot of trouble, but at least I like them). However, my husband loves them, so I made an ADR there for Oct 28th. I usually eat the salads and peel & eat shrimp (and oreo bons bons) there.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #192
Gorechick
DIS Veteran
 
Gorechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,251

You have to go on a night when they are offering the shrimp. There is a schedule unless that has changed.
__________________
Hotel Royal Plaza July 1987
Contemporary Resort July 1989
Dixie Landings August 1996
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #193
wdwmaw
planin' next trip
 
wdwmaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: georgetown, ky
Posts: 2,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalenik View Post
We made ressies at WCC for Christmas Day because it was one of our favorite restaurants. Now that we see the menu has changed, we are thinking of cancelling. Is there any type of special menu WCC would have for the holiday that would be different than this new menu? The new menu is unappealing to us and are glad that we found out about the change before showing up on Christmas.
We also have Christmas Day dinner booked, we have made back up plans just in case. In the past Disney has offered a different menu on Christmas day. It was a pre fixed meal so the whole menu wasn't offered anyway. We love the salad so that is my only ? with the new menu. I assume we will know what it will look like come Thanksgiving. Here is a link to christmas day dinner before the menu changes http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2877
__________________
dh meds dsgdd



24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #194
skalenik
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
We also have Christmas Day dinner booked, we have made back up plans just in case. In the past Disney has offered a different menu on Christmas day. It was a pre fixed meal so the whole menu wasn't offered anyway. We love the salad so that is my only ? with the new menu. I assume we will know what it will look like come Thanksgiving. Here is a link to christmas day dinner before the menu changes http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2877
Thanks for the link! I had read some restaurants do adjust their menus on the holidays, but had yet to really find exact details. We now have a backup booked, though we are hoping a ressie opens up at a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom so we can tour the Magic Kingdom resorts as planned that evening. If not, we will deal. Just glad we noticed the change prior to showing up Christmas Day.
skalenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #195
Meredisney
DIS Veteran
 
Meredisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"
Posts: 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Whoa! Wait a minute! I knew Cape May no longer had the oreo bons bons, but they don't have the ribs and peel and eat shrimp either? I hadn't heard this! I'm not touching crab legs (too much trouble and too messy for too little gain. Of course peel and eat shrimp are also messy and alot of trouble, but at least I like them). However, my husband loves them, so I made an ADR there for Oct 28th. I usually eat the salads and peel & eat shrimp (and oreo bons bons) there.
I knew about the oreo bon bons but not the RIBS or Shrimp Cocktail???? I just made a birthday dinner reservation for november!!! Awe Man!!!!

EDITED: I just found this thread and according to this, it's the fried shrimp that are no longer available and on a rotational schedule. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....e+may+schedule
__________________
"M-I-C...See ya real soon! K-E-Y... Why? Because we like you! M-O-U-S-E"

Future: Disney Fantasy - 11/07/2015
Completed: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014; Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02

Last edited by Meredisney; 10-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: