Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer
 
Self_resqing_princz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 465

Omg!

AOA! So excited I can't wait! What section are you staying in... or do you know yet?
__________________
DH DP(Puppy) Me

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #107
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,180

Sounds like a great arrival day! I hope you guys like AoA, I really loved it there. Which section are you in?
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #108
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,571

I forgot about the holiday sandwich! I had it in 2009 but I think I need to give it another try, it wasn't bad but it is just so much.

You need to explore AoA. I want to stay there!

I am getting so excited for the Food & Wine fest. Can't wait to eat, eat, eat!
__________________
2004:Off-site 2006:Sports 2009:POFQ 2009:Sports 2010:GF 2011:Pop 2011:Dolphin & Pop 2012:Off-site 2012:Pop
2013: Movies & Pop
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]



DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #109
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,638

Jen!! In my super-bad DISing, I missed you starting a PTR! But I am here now

Love that you are getting a night at AoA! I am in LOVE with the Cars wing... please take lots of pictures if you can!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #110
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,070

Jen, we are back from our trip, and I'm catching up on my threads and I am now all caught up on yours.

I don't think poor Brandon wil ever get to stay at the AK.

Mark wants to stay in a Mermaid room when we go in April for one night during his business trip and I think I'll let him since it is only one night.

Since I won't start my TR for at least a week (we have the engagement party this weekend), I will give you a little heads up on two of our meals (you already know we've lost interest in LeCellier and won't be back for a long time). Cape May was only okay...the crab was NOT that good and Mark informed me he will NOT go back to 50's Prime Time after our meal there two weeks ago (I'd go with Sci Fi).
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #111
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDreamerMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 621

Wohoo first day plans! I can't believe you are leaving in 6 weeks! That's going to fly by! I love Earl! Jealous that you get to eat there soon!
__________________
~Jamie

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #112
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,129

Day 1 looks like a keeper....and a whole extra hour to sleep! You mean you normally get up at 2am?
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #113
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,776

It's like Thanksgiving on a sandwich, you say?

But does it include a moist-maker?

DOES IT?

MY SANDWICH?????

Had to.

That definitely looks really good!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ILLUMINATIONS! One of my favorite things ever. Sounds like such a great day!
__________________
-Marissa

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #114
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Sounds like a great arrival day!!! I forgot about the Holiday Sandwich, maybe this time we'll FINALLY try one!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #115
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Ooohhh, the holiday sandwich. Megan got it when we saw each other in November and she loves it! I'm normally the kind of person that will eat anything, but this I'm not sure about. It's just so.....much.

Mmmmm, Belgian Waffle.....good choice!
Haha, you're right, it is a lot, but it's just SO good! I love stuffing...if it was just a sandwich of stuffing and gravy, I'd be happy!

Yum, I can't wait for those waffles again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Sounds like some awesome arrival day plans we are planning to see illuminations tonight for the 30th anniversary!!!! So excited!!
Thanks! Yay, Illuminations! Did they do anything special for the 30th? I would hope they would add some special fireworks or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a great arrival day!
Thank you, I think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
AOA! So excited I can't wait! What section are you staying in... or do you know yet?
Yep, we'll be in the Little Mermaid section, there's not really much point of us getting a family suite when it's just the 2 of us! Although I'd love an excuse to stay in a Lion King room someday!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #116
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Sounds like a great arrival day! I hope you guys like AoA, I really loved it there. Which section are you in?
Thanks! I am sure I will love AoA, I love Pop and it seems like AoA is even better! We'll be in the Little Mermaid section, I can't wait to see the rooms!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I forgot about the holiday sandwich! I had it in 2009 but I think I need to give it another try, it wasn't bad but it is just so much.

You need to explore AoA. I want to stay there!

I am getting so excited for the Food & Wine fest. Can't wait to eat, eat, eat!
OMG I cannot wait to get a holiday sandwich! Our arrival day is pretty much going to be timed around going to DTD and getting one...maybe we'll just stop there before we even check in!

I am definitely going to explore AoA, it looks so cute!

I know, I cannot wait to eat and drink my way around the world!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Jen!! In my super-bad DISing, I missed you starting a PTR! But I am here now

Love that you are getting a night at AoA! I am in LOVE with the Cars wing... please take lots of pictures if you can!
Haha, that's ok, glad you're here now!

I will definitely take pics of the Cars area, it looks really cute! I've never seen Cars though, so I don't know what I'm looking at, I just know it's cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, we are back from our trip, and I'm catching up on my threads and I am now all caught up on yours.

I don't think poor Brandon wil ever get to stay at the AK.

Mark wants to stay in a Mermaid room when we go in April for one night during his business trip and I think I'll let him since it is only one night.

Since I won't start my TR for at least a week (we have the engagement party this weekend), I will give you a little heads up on two of our meals (you already know we've lost interest in LeCellier and won't be back for a long time). Cape May was only okay...the crab was NOT that good and Mark informed me he will NOT go back to 50's Prime Time after our meal there two weeks ago (I'd go with Sci Fi).
Yay, welcome back!

Haha, we will definitely stay at AKL, but I want to rent points whenever we end up staying there. We're not supposed to be doing any Disney trips next year (well, except for my trip with sister and niece, of course!) but IF we do, I'm definitely renting points and staying in a savanna view studio!

Haha, that's so funny that Mark wants to stay in a Little Mermaid room! I am wondering how Brandon is going to react to this very princess filled trip...both rooms we will be in are both princess themed!

Huh, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about 50's! I'm starting to rethink the Brown Derby now...I might just book it and surprise Brandon, I'm sure I could find something on the menu I will like!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #117
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Wohoo first day plans! I can't believe you are leaving in 6 weeks! That's going to fly by! I love Earl! Jealous that you get to eat there soon!
I know, it seems like it's forever still, but as of tomorrow, we're down to 5 weeks!!! I can't wait to eat at EoS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Day 1 looks like a keeper....and a whole extra hour to sleep! You mean you normally get up at 2am?
Haha, yes actually...I do at least...Brandon just rolls out of bed, grabs his luggage and gets in the car! I have to get up and give myself at least an hour before we have to leave for the airport to pack last minute things and then obsess about things I might forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
It's like Thanksgiving on a sandwich, you say?

But does it include a moist-maker?

DOES IT?

MY SANDWICH?????

Had to.

That definitely looks really good!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ILLUMINATIONS! One of my favorite things ever. Sounds like such a great day!
What are you doing...GET OFF MY SISTERRRRRR!!!!!

Oh Ross, you and your rage!

But no, actually, there's no moist maker...just turkey and stuffing and gravy and cranberry sauze...(yes I spelled that with a z)! It's perfection on a sandwich!

I love Illuminations too, I can't wait to see it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Sounds like a great arrival day!!! I forgot about the Holiday Sandwich, maybe this time we'll FINALLY try one!!
Thanks! OMG yes, try the Holiday Sandwich, it is amazing!!!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #118
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran
 
Mrs T 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 522

Unfortunately rylan was not cooperating and super tired so we didn't end up watching illuminations I was sad, but what can ya do right? I sill have many more days to get to see them!
__________________
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV



Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #119
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Unfortunately rylan was not cooperating and super tired so we didn't end up watching illuminations I was sad, but what can ya do right? I sill have many more days to get to see them!
Oh, that's too bad! You're still there? For some reason I thought you were back already!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #120
Simba22
DIS Veteran
 
Simba22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Construction State (aka Connecticut)
Posts: 4,686

Subbing!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.