Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #46
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Those POR rooms looks awesome!

AoA was booked for our vacation already, but it's close to POP! We read the menu of their food court and it made my mouth water!!! We might take a trip over there just to eat in the food court! Haha
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #47
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Awesome! The rooms at POR do look really nice! And AOA is way too cute. I was going to guess you were staying at AKL because I know you've mentioned wanting to stay there a couple times...glad to hear you're still thinking about it for your next trip. If you want to stay there you should just do it! Trust me, it is such an amazing resort (but really, aren't they all?!)! I think it's so fun trying to stay at different places!
I can't wait to stay in AoA and POR! The royal rooms look so beautiful! I just hope they aren't too princessy for Brandon! I do really want to stay at AKL, so I'm hoping I can rent points for our next trip, I think I really need a savanna view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ahhh, Art of Animation!!! I'm super jealous, even if it is only for one night. I think the entire resort looks incredible, and I'm making a point to check it out while I'm down there at the end of the month.

Those POR Royal Guest Rooms do look gorgeous, as well. And who can beat the Free Dining promo? I'm sure AKL would have been just as nice, but at least this way you're saving a little money and you'll already know the layout of the resort.
I hope we have time to explore the resort a little, I remember last year I wanted to explore CSR the one night we were there, but we had no time! Of course, I had that terrible migraine, so hopefully this arrival day will be better!

I'm really excited about POR, I mean, AKL would have been amazing, but 2 deluxes in one year would have been a little too much, you know? And the royal rooms look beautiful! I can't wait to play around with that headboard and the fireworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
POR was my second guess!! I just didn't post it lol!!

If it comes to staying at a moderate and having more money for other things that is the way I will always go!
Yay, well, you were right!

Yeah, I definitely like having more spending money! And I remember in May saying to Brandon that maybe we shouldn't do deluxes anymore because we're hardly in our room anyway, and it's kind of a waste of money, so I'm thrilled with POR for this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I'm so jealous! I want to stay in a Little Mermaid room SO badly! Yes, I'm five years old at heart and PROUD OF IT!

Yay for POR! It's far and away my favorite moderate...my BF calls it the gravitational pull of POR. So silly!
Haha, I'm 5 years old too, it's ok! I can't wait to see the LM rooms in person, they look really cute! I'm glad we're trying it out for one day, because they almost seem a little too cutesy, like maybe after a few days it might be too much, so this will be a good test!

I love POR, I've only stayed there and CSR for mods, but even if I stay in POFQ and CBR someday, I think POR will be my favorite! It's just so pretty!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #48
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for AoA and POR!!! Your rooms look like they're going to be so fun! I love the genie lamp faucet detail!
I hope they are fun and they're not too much for Brandon, it's a lot of princess stuff! Isn't that faucet SO cute? I want to take one home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
YAY PORT ORLEANS! My favorite place in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. It's so pretty there and you're guaranteed to be in the Mansions with the Royal rooms which is just icing on the cake.

And AoA as well! I was pricing out a fall 2013 land'n'sea trip and I was surprised at how affordable the Little Mermaid rooms were. I don't know if I could stay at AoA for a whole trip (it's a little.. over-stimulating?) but I think for a night or two would be just perfect. Get to see all the theming and really explore, but still save time for relaxing at Port Orleans.
I love POR too, I'm glad we're going back! I'm glad we're going to be in the mansions, I'd like to stay in AB someday, but I really love the mansions!

Haha, yeah, i'm not sure I could do AoA for a whole trip either, so I'm glad we're testing it out with one night first! The rooms are adorable but they seem a little busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
You started. YAY!

POR is on my list of resorts to stay at. Since our upcoming trip is pretty short, I don't want to spend the money b/c we won't be able to fully enjoy the resort (even though I have plenty of resort time schedule in this trip).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Greg and I will be there for the first Castle lighting ceremony of the season.
I know, it took forever, but I finally started!

POR is beautiful! I really want to try CBR and POFQ someday, but I just don't think of CBR when I think of Christmas, I don't know why! And POFQ was booked for Free Dining anyway, so that wasn't even an option!

How do you have resort time scheduled? Ugh I don't know when I'm going to fit anything in! This is the hardest trip to schedule EVER! (DISNEY PROBLEMS!!! )

Oh I hope you're there for the first castle lighting! You know, I still have not seen the castle lighting ceremony? How sad is that? I have to see it this year, there's just no excuse this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I really like your resort choices, but I would have never guessed in a million years! I do have a place in my heart for POR, after all that was our first resort and we liked it so much we stayed there two more times in a row

AKL would be a great place to stay one day. Maybe that can be your bounce back?
Thanks! Haha, I know right? I love POR too, it was actually my first Disney resort, I stayed there with my family when it was Dixie Landings, so maybe that's why I'm drawn to it!

I really want to stay at AKL! I doubt we'll do a bounceback this time because as of now, my only trip next year is with my sister, but maybe if we go for our anniversary in 2014 I'll rent points or something! We'll see! I know I'll stay there someday, I just don't know when!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #49
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Yeah for POR and AoA!!!
Yay! I can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
The Royal rooms at POR look amazing!
I almost guessed AoA. when we stayed there in July, the Nemo pool was open 24 hrs. I don't know if that would be true in the winter, especially with no hot tub to warm up in, but it is FL, after all. Why not?
Don't they? I can't wait to see them in person, they pictures look amazing! That would be nice if the Nemo pool was open 24 hours, I've always wanted to go in a pool after coming back from a park, but I've never gotten around to it! I think that would be so relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Great resort choices! We stayed at POR once and really liked it, but that was before the Royal Rooms. They look really cool! And I'd love to try out Art of Animation too and explore that resort. Should be fun!
Thanks! I liked POR too, so I'm happy to stay there again! Brandon loved the food court because of the make your own pasta station! I can't wait to check out AoA it looks so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Those POR rooms looks awesome!

AoA was booked for our vacation already, but it's close to POP! We read the menu of their food court and it made my mouth water!!! We might take a trip over there just to eat in the food court! Haha
I know, don't they? I can't wait to be in one!

When I was thinking of adding that day, AoA was booked, but I kept checking and it finally opened up after a few days, so I got lucky! But if it didn't I was going to stay at Pop and just walk over and check it out, it's nice that they are so close! The food court looks so good! I'll miss that tie dye cheesecake, though!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #51
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love POR. I think it's an excellent choice! It's one of the resorts that makes me sad that I now stay almost exclusively DVC. What a rough problem to have, right?

You are going to love AoA. I posted some pictures on teekathepony's TR awhile ago and soon I will be posting them on mine. The food court looks pretty darn amazing, so you absolutely must eat there. I would have if I hadn't just finished eating like a hour ago.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #52
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

I am in! I have been away from the DIS for a bit due to a pretty rough summer, but I finished your last TR and I'm all caught up on this PTR. It got me even more excited to leave for our trip in 3 days! I can't wait to read all about your plans and then your actual trip. I'm most excited to see photos of your rooms at the resorts! How exciting! Happy Planning!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #53
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

YAY!! for resort choices! The rooms at POR look so pretty and AoA is just simply adorable! Can't wait to see pictures
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How exciting. I have 3 nights at AoA too.
I can't wait to see AoA, it looks like it's going to be SO cute! I really hope we have some time on arrival day to wander around and check everything out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love POR. I think it's an excellent choice! It's one of the resorts that makes me sad that I now stay almost exclusively DVC. What a rough problem to have, right?

You are going to love AoA. I posted some pictures on teekathepony's TR awhile ago and soon I will be posting them on mine. The food court looks pretty darn amazing, so you absolutely must eat there. I would have if I hadn't just finished eating like a hour ago.
Thanks, I love POR too! Haha, yeah, boo hoo, only DVC resorts!

I remember your AoA pics on teeka's PTR, I cannot wait to see that place in person! It looks like it's going to be so much fun! I am going to try really hard to eat in the Food Court, everything sounds yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
I am in! I have been away from the DIS for a bit due to a pretty rough summer, but I finished your last TR and I'm all caught up on this PTR. It got me even more excited to leave for our trip in 3 days! I can't wait to read all about your plans and then your actual trip. I'm most excited to see photos of your rooms at the resorts! How exciting! Happy Planning!
Yay, so glad you're here! I know what you mean, I'm not on the DIS as much as I'd like to be either, I hope things are getting better after your not so great summer!

I can't wait to see the rooms I'm staying in, I will be sure to take lots of pictures, especially of the AoA room!

Yay, your trip is in 3 days!!! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
YAY!! for resort choices! The rooms at POR look so pretty and AoA is just simply adorable! Can't wait to see pictures
I'm so excited about our resort choices, AoA looks so cute and the POR rooms look beautiful, I can't wait to actually be in one and look at all of the little details!

Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #55
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I shall live vicariously thorough you on this trip... I really really really want to go during November sometime! Not sure when I'll manage that... with our girls getting older, it's getting harder to take them out of school (and Shane isn't thrilled about having to do that, anyway). So family trips will have to be while the girls are on holiday... or it'll have to be another "adults only" trip!

I thought about booking a Royal Room for our trip next month, but we'd prefer a King bed and that's not an option in a RR. Those rooms are so pretty! And yay for a night at AoA!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #56
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I was actually surprised by your resort pick. I really thought you would be staying at AKL this time. But POR is a great choice. I would love to stay there again.

I find it very entertaining that you say the Feb trip will be your last for awhile. For some reason I just don't believe that
Old 09-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #57
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I'm here!

I shall live vicariously thorough you on this trip... I really really really want to go during November sometime! Not sure when I'll manage that... with our girls getting older, it's getting harder to take them out of school (and Shane isn't thrilled about having to do that, anyway). So family trips will have to be while the girls are on holiday... or it'll have to be another "adults only" trip!

I thought about booking a Royal Room for our trip next month, but we'd prefer a King bed and that's not an option in a RR. Those rooms are so pretty! And yay for a night at AoA!
Yay, glad you made it!

I love going in November, but I can see how it would be hard when you have kids in school! Another adults trip sounds great...or you could always go over the Thanksgiving break, although it's busy and there's no Food and Wine!

Yeah, it's strange there are no king beds in the royal rooms, but we don't really care about that! I'm so excited about the fireworks in the headboards, i have a feeling I'm going to keep them on all night! I can't wait to check out AoA too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I was actually surprised by your resort pick. I really thought you would be staying at AKL this time. But POR is a great choice. I would love to stay there again.

I find it very entertaining that you say the Feb trip will be your last for awhile. For some reason I just don't believe that
Yeah I was kind of surprised too! But I really want to try those royal rooms, and when we were at the Beach Club, I kept thinking how it was kind of stupid to spend so much money on a resort that we hardly spend any time at. I really think on our next trip I'm going to rent points for AKL, I'm going to need a savanna view and if you go through Disney, they are just way too expensive!

Well, as of now, I'm not even thinking about trips next year...usually I have a few planned out in my head, but I just don't know what's going to be going on next year yet. We'll see! I'll probably be going insane by May or June and I'll just book something!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #58
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yeah, it's strange there are no king beds in the royal rooms, but we don't really care about that! I'm so excited about the fireworks in the headboards, i have a feeling I'm going to keep them on all night! I can't wait to check out AoA too!

Yeah I was kind of surprised too! But I really want to try those royal rooms, and when we were at the Beach Club, I kept thinking how it was kind of stupid to spend so much money on a resort that we hardly spend any time at. I really think on our next trip I'm going to rent points for AKL, I'm going to need a savanna view and if you go through Disney, they are just way too expensive!
I guess they figured Adults only wouldn't want to be staying there?

The part I bolded above is EXACTLY the reason I haven't bought myself to book Wilderness Lodge OOP. The only reason I get to stay at the Villas is because of an exchange with a timeshare we already own.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #59
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I guess they figured Adults only wouldn't want to be staying there?

The part I bolded above is EXACTLY the reason I haven't bought myself to book Wilderness Lodge OOP. The only reason I get to stay at the Villas is because of an exchange with a timeshare we already own.
Haha, yeah, I guess...although I feel like Disney should know better, of course adults are going to want to stay in Royal rooms!

I love the deluxes, and I'm sure I'll be staying in them again, but sometimes I realize what a huge waste of money it is. For people like us, anyway, who are hardly ever at the resort. I do love them though, they are really amazing!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #60
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

ADR's!!!

Hi everyone! I figure it's about time to do the ADR update, considering I made these back in May right after we got back from our anniversary trip! I actually just looked over the list of what I have and I'm not happy with a lot of them, so some things will be changed, of course! And I need to add a few in too! I'm not going to bother putting when we're eating where, because things could change a lot over the next 7 weeks, and anyway, more fun to read about in the TR, right?

Here's what we have so far:

Le Cellier, of course!

I think I have 3 ADR's there? I will probably cancel one, but I'm not sure when, I have 2 I think for the weekend we'll be at the Food and Wine festival, and I'm not sure how we will fit that all in! Still, I love that place and I would like to eat there at least twice!

California Grill!

We loved it on our May trip, and Brandon requested it for this trip, so we're going back! Everything is SO good there, I can't wait to have that goat cheese polenta again! (No I'm not trying anything new! )

Cape May Cafe

Where I've heard they don't have my oreo bonbons anymore! We love this place almost as much as Le Cellier, but I have to admit, I'll miss those bonbons!

T-REX

I'm not sure if we'll be keeping this, I might try to reschedule it, but I really want to go here! I'm just so uncertain about our schedule right now, I'm not sure if it fits!

Les Chefs de France

Brandon and I really liked this place last October, but I didn't get to enjoy it because I ate there the day I had that awful migraine, so I would like to try it again!

'Ohana!

My favorite! Brandon isn't a big fan, but I love it! I know this one will definitely not change because we're going there before we go to the Christmas party! Can't wait for that bread pudding!!!

And our only breakfast so far, Boma!

We love breakfast at Boma, and we always try to go before our Animal Kingdom day!

~That's all I have so far, I feel like I need a few more! I definitely need at least one more breakfast in there. I would love Crystal Palace, but every time I check, it's booked for the whole week! So my back up plans would be Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe, but that would also mean I'd miss rope drop at MK if we went there.

~I also want to try to fit in 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi. I thought I had an ADR for 50's but I guess not! I'm nervous about 50's but everything looks so good, and I'd like to start trying new places! Sci Fi is good, but I'd really just go there for the milkshakes and the atmosphere!

~Brandon is begging me to fit in Hollywood Brown Derby also, and again, I don't know how or when! And I can't lie, nothing really looks all that great to me on the menu, but if I can squeeze it in for him, I will!

I really, really have to work on our itinerary this weekend and get everything figured out so I can snag a couple more ADR's. I'm just having the hardest time planning for the first few days, trying to fit in all of the Food and Wine and also go to the other parks! *Sigh* Disney Problems.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! If anyone has any ADR suggestions for me, any places you think we should try, let me know!

(Oh! I just realized I was supposed to tell you guys about my camera issues, but I'll save that for another update!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: