Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #31
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I'm here, too!!! As we both count down our days to the most amazing place. Ever..

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #32
Nairnyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

So glad you're joining in, I hope to keep the Friends and Christmas theme going throughout this PTR but it might be tough to keep linking everything like that!
Dude. Two of my favorite things. If you have trouble, just let me know. I can link Friends to any situation!!

Seriously though...I used to have a co-worker/friend that we would quote Friends together every day....we don't work together anymore, and NO ONE around me gets it when I make random quotes. So yeah....I guess I got a little over excited about Friends references, lol.

11/99: BWI; 10/05: Off property; 4/06: Off property; 10/06: SSR; 12/06: ASMovies; 12/07: ASMusic;
3/08: ASMovies; 12/08: Off property; 9/09: ASMovies; 1/10: Pop; 3/11: POR; 12/11: POR; 10/12-11/12: ASMusic
Nairnyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #33
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I'm here, too!!! As we both count down our days to the most amazing place. Ever..
Yay, glad you're here and I have someone to countdown with! I think I'm at 53 days today? It cannot get here soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairnyn View Post
Dude. Two of my favorite things. If you have trouble, just let me know. I can link Friends to any situation!!

Seriously though...I used to have a co-worker/friend that we would quote Friends together every day....we don't work together anymore, and NO ONE around me gets it when I make random quotes. So yeah....I guess I got a little over excited about Friends references, lol.
Haha, 2 of my favorite things too! Just throw Disney in there and you pretty much have everything I'm interested in in life-Friends, Disney and Christmas!

My co-worker watches Friends, but she's not a big quote person, so every time I say a quote, I have to be like "remember the episode when..." and then she gets it...but when I start randomly spouting off quotes she has no idea!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Where We're Staying!

Hi everyone! I didn't want to drag out the suspense of where we are staying too long, I know that gets annoying, but I did enjoy reading everyone's guesses!

I'm actually a little shocked, because no one was right! I am happy that almost everyone picked the Wilderness Lodge though, I guess you all know how much I love that place, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't considered!

A few other guesses were the Beach Club, the Poly, the Yacht Club, all places I would LOVE to stay, but we're not staying in any of those resorts on this trip! In fact, we're not staying in a deluxe on this trip! We actually were going to, I had us booked at a deluxe when I booked the bounceback offer, but then Free Dining came out and I changed everything...is anyone surprised?

When I called the number on the bounceback flier when we were in Disney in May, I asked the CM to price out 2 different resorts-POR and AKL. I showed Brandon the difference in price and I assumed he would say to book POR but he surprised me and said to book AKL! So I did, and for a few months, we actually were booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Then I started getting nervous about paying for it, and not wanting to spend so much on a room, especially since we just stayed at the Beach Club, and Free Dining was rumored to be coming out in July...so I told Brandon that if Free Dining did get released, I was probably going to change our resort, which he was fine with.

Free Dining did get released, and after sitting on hold at work for what seemed like forever, I changed us to...

Port Orleans Riverside!

And not just any old room at POR...we will be staying in a Royal Guest Room! Ahhh, I can't even tell you how excited I am! We stayed at POR in 2010 and we really liked it, but I never thought I'd stay there again without trying the other mods first...but then they added these new rooms and I just have to try them out! It will be like staying in a different resort, but it's also somewhere we're comfortable and familiar with!

Just take a look at these beautiful rooms, they are SO amazing!

Aren't they so pretty? I can't believe they actually made the faucet of the sink look like the Genie's lamp! I love all the little details in these rooms!

I just hope Brandon likes them, because although he was ok with me switching, he really, really wants to stay at AKL. I even thought about switching back, but then I reminded him of how much more it would be to stay there and he said not to bother. I think on our next trip, whenever that is, I'm going to rent points for AKL and stay in a Savanna studio, I mean, if you're going to stay at AKL, you have to do it right!

You might think this is the end, right? Not quite...a few weeks ago, I was playing around with our schedule for this trip (which I'm having the HARDEST time with, by the way!) and I started whining to Brandon that we don't have enough time. So I thought I came up with a solution...just go a day earlier! I assumed Brandon would say no, but he said it was fine, so I added a day to our trip!

I couldn't add a day to our package, because the day we're getting there now is a black out date for Free Dining, so we will be doing a tiny split stay...our first night will be spent at...

Even though we will only be there one night, I'm really excited about it! I can't wait to look around and explore this new resort, it looks so adorable! We will be in a Little Mermaid room:

Cute right? I'm hoping we have some time to go in the pool, I really want to try out the Big Blue Pool in the Nemo section!

It's going to be hard having time to explore the resort because I know we're going to get there and want to go straight to Epcot, but I'm hoping at the end of the night we can walk around a little, maybe go in the pool for a little while and get a snack in the food court. I also really want to see the other sections of the resort, but we'll see how much time we have!

So there you have it, our resort drama! I honestly do not think there has been one trip that I've booked and never switched resorts! I think it's strange that as much as I want to try new places, we've already stayed at WL twice, BC twice, and now this will be our second stay at POR! I guess when we find somewhere we like, we stick with it! I'm sure once we stay at AKL we will love it there too!

Up next...ADR's and my camera problems!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Awesome! The rooms at POR do look really nice! And AOA is way too cute. I was going to guess you were staying at AKL because I know you've mentioned wanting to stay there a couple times...glad to hear you're still thinking about it for your next trip. If you want to stay there you should just do it! Trust me, it is such an amazing resort (but really, aren't they all?!)! I think it's so fun trying to stay at different places!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #36
amazingact21
Upendi

Ahhh, Art of Animation!!! I'm super jealous, even if it is only for one night. I think the entire resort looks incredible, and I'm making a point to check it out while I'm down there at the end of the month.

Those POR Royal Guest Rooms do look gorgeous, as well. And who can beat the Free Dining promo? I'm sure AKL would have been just as nice, but at least this way you're saving a little money and you'll already know the layout of the resort.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #37
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

POR was my second guess!! I just didn't post it lol!!

If it comes to staying at a moderate and having more money for other things that is the way I will always go!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #38
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I'm so jealous! I want to stay in a Little Mermaid room SO badly! Yes, I'm five years old at heart and PROUD OF IT!

Yay for POR! It's far and away my favorite moderate...my BF calls it the gravitational pull of POR. So silly!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #39
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for AoA and POR!!! Your rooms look like they're going to be so fun! I love the genie lamp faucet detail!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #40
Merida
DIS Veteran

YAY PORT ORLEANS! My favorite place in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. It's so pretty there and you're guaranteed to be in the Mansions with the Royal rooms which is just icing on the cake.

And AoA as well! I was pricing out a fall 2013 land'n'sea trip and I was surprised at how affordable the Little Mermaid rooms were. I don't know if I could stay at AoA for a whole trip (it's a little.. over-stimulating?) but I think for a night or two would be just perfect. Get to see all the theming and really explore, but still save time for relaxing at Port Orleans.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #41
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

You started. YAY!

POR is on my list of resorts to stay at. Since our upcoming trip is pretty short, I don't want to spend the money b/c we won't be able to fully enjoy the resort (even though I have plenty of resort time schedule in this trip).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Greg and I will be there for the first Castle lighting ceremony of the season.

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I really like your resort choices, but I would have never guessed in a million years! I do have a place in my heart for POR, after all that was our first resort and we liked it so much we stayed there two more times in a row

AKL would be a great place to stay one day. Maybe that can be your bounce back?

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #43
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Yeah for POR and AoA!!!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #44
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

The Royal rooms at POR look amazing!
I almost guessed AoA. when we stayed there in July, the Nemo pool was open 24 hrs. I don't know if that would be true in the winter, especially with no hot tub to warm up in, but it is FL, after all. Why not?
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #45
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Great resort choices! We stayed at POR once and really liked it, but that was before the Royal Rooms. They look really cool! And I'd love to try out Art of Animation too and explore that resort. Should be fun!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: