Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #271
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Single digits!!!!!

Glad you guys are okay
Yay!!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - that was another one that looked like a rip. But the ice wine was NOT like the picture you posted. It was the smallest cup on earth, so unless someone gave me the wrong thing, just go buy a bottle. It's got to be a better deal. I don't even think I have a picture of it because I was so embarrassed that I bought something so small.

Definitely go right for the hand roll. So good!!!!!!

I shared a table with someone who recommended the grapefruit beer and he was so right! It was just so refreshing. Really good taste without being overly sweet.
Haha, well, I'm not sure if I like ice wine enough to get a bottle...we'll see how much I feel like drinking while I'm there! I mean, it sounds good, but if the cup is really that tiny, I might just skip it! No way can I skip that iced coffee though, it's SO good!

The grapefruit beer sounds like something I'd really like so I will probably try it! Can't wait for Food and Wine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
:b anana:
9 dancing bananas for 9 days left!!!
Yay!!! 8 DAYS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyFedora View Post
Glad you're OK! We got off pretty easy...no flooding or damage, only small to medium branches down, only lost power at 8pm (so we played Gin and drank beer while it was still cold!) and then we got power back while we slept.

Hurray for single digits!

News! I'm tentatively taking a quick business trip to FL from 12/10-11, so Joyce and I might fly out Friday night to have a weekend trip and hit a Christmas party!

*SPOILER ALERT*

If anyone doesn't want to hear about 2 hidden Walts on the Christmas Parade Floats, STOP READING...
There's one on the Pinocchio float. (I think it used to be a snow globe, but they have taken the dome off.) If you were looking at the float head on, it would be on a "shelf" on the lower left. (The shelf is probably only about 4 ft off the ground--it's lower than the "main" part of the float.) It is a wooden replica of the Partners Statue. It's probably hard to see at night, even if you know what you're looking for because it is not in color.

There's also one on a mostly white float that I believe has gold "film reel" arches on it. This one you would have to see from behind the float. Under one of the arches on the back is a grainy black and white picture of Walt waving. The picture is pretty big (I'd guess 5 ft x 5 ft), but who looks back at a float that has already passed anyway?

As I'm writing this, I'm now not 100% sure it is the nighttime Christmas Party parade. I remember the CM saying that the clock at the top of the Pinocchio float says 3:00 as a joke for all the people who ask CMs "When is the 3:00 parade?" I should have taken notes....
Thanks, glad you guys were ok during the storm too! I hope that's it for hurricanes for a while!

Yay, hope you get to go to a Christmas party, they are so much fun! Definitely get you in the Christmas spirit!

Thanks, I will definitely look for the hidden Walts! We never see the afternoon parade though, so hopefully they're on the nighttime one!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #272
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Whoooo single digit dance!!!

Glad Sandy didn't damage your area too bad. Now, you just have to get through those last days of work and then you'll be on your way!
Woo hoo!!!

Thanks, me too! There are still lots of people without power, and lots of houses were destroyed, so we got lucky! I hope that's it with the hurricanes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
YAYYYYY for 9 days!
Also yayyyy for no damage from the storm! It totally missed us, we might get some heavy rain tonight but no more. It really blew itself out before it hit the border I think.
Yay, 8 days now!

Yeah, it was a pretty scary storm for a while, be glad you didn't get anything except rain from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm so glad you guys survived the storm! That's great you didn't lose power, but man, I did see your posts on FB with the trees. That's never good.

Without further ado....

Single digits (mmm tssstt mmmm tssstt mmm ttsssttt). That's my lame attempt at making my own dance music. Just imagine me doing the sprinkler or something. Oooohhh, or better yet the running man!

Yeah, those trees were scary! Luckily there was no damage or anything!

Haha, when I read those noises before I read that it was supposed to be dance music, I was thinking "what the &#^% is she trying to say there?" Glad you explained! Woo hoo, the running man! (I guess that's not exactly the running man, but close enough!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!
Yay yay yay!!!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #274
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You're leaving in a week!
AHHHHHH I KNOW I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

(Sorry, I'm REALLY excited, if you can't tell!!!!! )

Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #275
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

My Favorite Place in the World...EPCOT!!!

Hi everyone! I only have

ONE WEEK
until my trip!!!!

(If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited!)

Since it's only a week away, I figured I'd finish up my must do list tonight, ending with my favorite park in the world...EPCOT!!!!

Epcot Must Do's!

Obviously, if you guys know me at all, you know the first thing I'll want to do at Epcot will be...

Soarin'!!! I love this ride so much, almost as much as the Tower of Terror, it's just so perfect, I could probably spend a day just going on it over and over. I love every single thing about it. Well, except the long wait times it gets. That I can do without. I hope I get to go on it my first day, but since we probably won't be getting to the park until late afternoon, I'm not really counting on it...we'll see!

Maelstrom! I love this ride too, it's so strange but so amazing at the same time! I know some people think it's boring, but I love it!

Spaceship Earth! Always have to do this, I'm just hoping people can calm down with their flashes on the cameras this time, because it really takes away from it when there are a million flashes going off!

Ahh, the Gran Fiesta Tour! Not a favorite for many, but I love it, and after my near death experience with heat stroke in May, I feel some strange attachment to the Mexico pavilion! It's just nice and relaxing, it's fun at the end of the night when no one is there and you can get a boat to yourself!

Now, I know this next one is a long shot, and it's not so much a must do as it is a wish, but I'm HOPING that maybe possibly...

The new Test Track will be doing soft openings! I know it's highly unlikely, but I'm really hoping they might be at the end of the week, once Food and Wine is over. It would be fun to get a preview now instead of waiting until February! I really miss Test Track!

I'm also hoping to do some of the things we never do, like stop to see some of the World Showcase performers

and maybe try out Agent P's World Showcase Adventure!

And of course, there's also eating and drinking that must be done at Epcot! While I'm sure Brandon will stick to drinking his beer around the world, I absolutely HAVE to have a margarita from La Cava del Tequila!

As far as other drinks go, it all depends on how much I drink at Food and Wine, I'm not a big drinker so by the time Food and Wine is over, I might be bored with alcohol...however, I do need a margarita, and I also would love a slushie from France!

As for snacks, I always have to get a pretzel from Germany

and something caramel-y from Karamell Kuche!

Pretty much every single thing in Epcot is a must do for me. I would also like to do Living with the Land, Nemo, Mission Space, Figment...pretty much everything! I love just wandering around World Showcase, I could do that for hours! I love walking through the shops, exploring the countries, looking through the shops, everything! It's all perfect! I could also spend hours in Future World, listening to my Epcot-y music, watching the Fountain of Nations, spending way too much money at Mouse Gear! OMG. I'm way too excited!

And one last thing...no trip to Disney would be complete without ending our nights at Epcot without seeing Illuminations as many times as possible!

I love Wishes, especially Holiday Wishes, but there is just something about Illuminations that makes me want to see it over and over and over. The combination of the music and the World Showcase at night and just the overall message of it is just amazing! I love ending a Disney night with Illuminations!

So there you have it! The last of my must do lists before my trip! Since my trip is only a week away, I would like to do little random updates every night, but I'm not sure I'm going to have the time, but I will try to at least every other night! I'm just so excited, I need an outlet...my poor coworker is so sick of hearing me talk about Disney (she is NOT a Disney fan! ) and although Brandon is excited, he doesn't want to hear about it 24 hours a day! That's what the DIS is for!

Up next...I don't know! Random updates about Minnie Ears, packing, getting ready and counting down to my trip! ONE WEEK!!!!!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #276
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Bah!!!!!!!! One week! One week from now you be towards the end of your first day and I will be getting ready for my 5:30 AM flight!

Pretty much everything in Epcot is a must do for me too, and I feel like FW gets the shaft, aside from Soarin!... Show some love to Epcot!

: cool1:

I'm a little excited, can you tell?!?

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #277
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

One week! I saw your post on FB, I can't believe how the time is flying by!

I'm hoping that Test Track will be doing soft opens too, but have also figured that it's unlikely as well. We'll see though. I'll hope for you.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #278
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Your Epcot update makes me want to go tomorrow! Your excitement is contagious... Can't wait for your post on Minnie ears!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #279
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love pretty much everything about Epcot, so agree to all your must-dos! And I'm very curious about that Minnie Ears update.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #280
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for one more more.

Love most of your "must do" list for Epcot; I hope you get a soft opening for Test Track; I can't wait to do it in December (I think they said official opening date is December 6).
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #281
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, only one week to go...I am so jealous. It seems like all my Disney friends are in WDW/going so soon!

Ohhh Soarin, I don't know how anybody could NOT love it. I am with you, I could ride it all day. So awesome. Some of the lesser attractions are fun too, like the Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour.

Mmm, the caramel store. I'm definitely going back there in April.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #282
amazingact21
Upendi

Less than a week!

Your Epcot list is great, and it reminded me of why Epcot is so awesome. I wish I could hop on Spaceship Earth right now! And go shopping at MouseGears....that has to be the best store on site.

I hope Test Track is doing soft openings while you're there! Keeping my fingers crossed, it's been closed for too long!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #283
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Bah!!!!!!!! One week! One week from now you be towards the end of your first day and I will be getting ready for my 5:30 AM flight!

Pretty much everything in Epcot is a must do for me too, and I feel like FW gets the shaft, aside from Soarin!... Show some love to Epcot!

: cool1:

I'm a little excited, can you tell?!?
6 days for me! And one week for you! I just hope everything works out with the weather and that storm stays far away...no one seems to know if it will actually come here or go out to sea yet, so I'm hoping it just stays out of here!

FW definitely gets the shaft, since TT is closed! And I don't know why more people don't like Mission Space, it's awesome! Everything in Epcot is perfect!

AHHHHH I'm just as excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
One week! I saw your post on FB, I can't believe how the time is flying by!

I'm hoping that Test Track will be doing soft opens too, but have also figured that it's unlikely as well. We'll see though. I'll hope for you.
I know, now that I'm under a week, it's really going by! I can't wait to get there!!!

I'm sure TT will do some kind of soft opening, but it's more likely that you will see it, not me. Although Fantasyland did soft openings in October and that opens in December, so maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Your Epcot update makes me want to go tomorrow! Your excitement is contagious... Can't wait for your post on Minnie ears!
I KNOW! I'd love to be in Epcot right now! Thanks, I'm really REALLY excited for this trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love pretty much everything about Epcot, so agree to all your must-dos! And I'm very curious about that Minnie Ears update.
Epcot is the best, we spend most of our time there, I love it so much! Haha, I'll try to do my Minnie Ears update tomorrow...it's really not that exciting though, I hope you're not let down!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #284
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
for one more more.

Love most of your "must do" list for Epcot; I hope you get a soft opening for Test Track; I can't wait to do it in December (I think they said official opening date is December 6).
6 days! I'm so excited!!!

Thanks! I would love to preview the new TT, I'm going to stalk it every time I'm in Epcot! It does open Dec. 6, so you will definitely get to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, only one week to go...I am so jealous. It seems like all my Disney friends are in WDW/going so soon!

Ohhh Soarin, I don't know how anybody could NOT love it. I am with you, I could ride it all day. So awesome. Some of the lesser attractions are fun too, like the Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour.

Mmm, the caramel store. I'm definitely going back there in April.
Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are getting ready for Disney trips, doesn't it? Everyone wants to see the new Fantasyland and Christmas stuff I guess!

Soarin' is the best! And Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta are seriously 2 of my favorite Disney rides, no they're not exciting, but they're so perfectly Disney!

Mmmm I can't wait for caramel from Germany!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Less than a week!

Your Epcot list is great, and it reminded me of why Epcot is so awesome. I wish I could hop on Spaceship Earth right now! And go shopping at MouseGears....that has to be the best store on site.

I hope Test Track is doing soft openings while you're there! Keeping my fingers crossed, it's been closed for too long!
6 days!!!

Thank you! Epcot IS awesome! OMG I love Mouse Gear so much, it's definitely my favorite store inside the parks (my all time favorite Disney store is the Christmas shop in DTD!) I always spend so much money there, because they have such awesome stuff! I mean, it's pretty much all the same as the Emporium, but the Emporium is always so chaotic, I never spend a lot of time there!

I'd love to see the new TT! I would be crushed if I don't see it, but it would be fun to see it before everyone else!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #285
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

5 days awww yeah! Mmmm, Epcot. I really just love it. So much. It's perfect.

I feel like Test Track should have soft openings too. I mean, Fantasyland was open 2 months before it was supposed to be. You never know!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: