Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #211
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for 3am emh!!!!

We tried to make it til 1 or 2 when we were there, but midnight or 11:30 was as late as we could do. LoL

All your plans for MK sound awesome, of course!
I never got a dole whip or float this past trip
And I contemplated a float like the one you mentioned before (with chocolate ice cream), but never got around to it

I wish our vacation was longer lol! Sounds funny seeing as we were there sun-sat, then again mon-thurs!!!!! Hahahahahhah!!!!

You HAVE to take pics if anything new is open in fantasyland!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT to see pictures!!! So jealous I can not go when it opens!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #212
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

You absolutely can not skip the castle light up show! OMG it made my cry. Still does whenever I think about it!
A great day of my must dos, I've seen some pictures of the new fantasyland and wow, it's really stunning!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #213
amazingact21
Upendi

Ahhhh, Magic Kingdom until 3am...during the holidays?!?! That's the best time! There's something so magical about walking across the hub to get to an attraction and passing the castle all lit up and changing colors. And if Brandon wants to go back to the resort, that means you can do whatever rides strikes your fancy at that moment.

The castle lighting ceremony is not to be missed! I think it sets the mood for the whole "holiday season."

20 days left! That's awesome!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #214
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I don't think I could make it to 3 AM at the MK...I hope you're able to though!!! How fun would that be??

Your MK plans sound great! That'd be so cool if New Fantasyland was previewing - I'm really hoping to catch a glimpse of it as well!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #215
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that we are fortunate enough to be able to do 2 week trips! I can feel your anxiety at trying to figure out how to do everything! And especially when you go during a holiday and there's added events (and heavier crowds!).

Did you see that they've added mermaids to PotC?? I saw a video for it today! It looks SO COOL!!! I can't wait to go back and see it in person!

Can you believe I totally forgot to look for cupcakes when we were in DHS in July!? We did have a carrot cake cookie though, at least! Love those!!

I'm so jealous that you're going again! Only 350 days for me...but who's counting?

Oh, BTW!! We did MK til 3am a couple years ago... I highly recommend taking a nap halfway through the day! I would never have made it to 3am if I didn't sleep for a couple hours in the early afternoon! It was so much fun but most of the food places were closed so be prepared to not eat much!

Last edited by Simba22; 10-20-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #216
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so excited too. The park becomes so dead that late at night.
Last year we made it 2:45 and were dead. I pushed my DD in her stroller and she konked out in about 2.5 seconds.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #217
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

The latest I've stayed at MK was 1am. 3am would be amazing. My advice? TAKE A NAP!

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #218
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I can't believe your trip is so close... I really hope you get to see the new Fantasyland! Take tons of pictures so we can all live vicariously, LOL!
Ahhhh, it's so close, but still so far! I feel like the next 2 weeks are going to drag, just because of work! I really hope the new Fantasyland is open at some point when I'm there, I'm really hoping it will be open the day we are planning to go, that Friday before the AP previews. If not, maybe during MVMCP? Who knows? I mean, if not, it won't ruin my trip or anything, but it would be nice to see everything! I will definitely take tons of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I pretty much agree with all your must-dos. Don't put too much hope on this, but apparently the new Fantasyland will be open during the evenings after the previews are done for the day. So maybe, just maybe, it'll be open that night for you after California Grill? Oh, and I so agree about sending Brandon back to the resort if he's too tired. While I don't think I could do a full trip solo, being alone for just a couple hours is kinda fun, and very freeing.
OMG I hope you are right about Fantasyland staying open! Especially that night after Cali Grill, because that's the day they are expecting tons of crowds!

I'm not sure if I could do a whole solo trip...the part that makes me the most nervous is flying alone, which is weird, because I flew to California alone before I even knew Brandon, so you would think flying to Florida alone would be easy for me! But yeah, it is nice to wander the parks alone sometimes! If he wants to sleep in on this trip, I'm really just going to hop on a bus and tell him to meet me at a park whenever he gets up, no more waiting around for him anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Wow! I cant believe your trip is sooo close!!! Yipee
I hope you make it to 3 am!! That is soo cool!
It's close, but it's still so far! I just have to get through 12 more days of work, that's the real countdown, since days I'm not at work fly by!

I hope! I'll be happy if I make it til 2 am! I also kind of have to think about what we're doing the next day, you know? If we can afford to sleep in a little...if we stay late, obviously there will be no rope drop the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Woohoo for 3am emh!!!!

We tried to make it til 1 or 2 when we were there, but midnight or 11:30 was as late as we could do. LoL

All your plans for MK sound awesome, of course!
I never got a dole whip or float this past trip
And I contemplated a float like the one you mentioned before (with chocolate ice cream), but never got around to it

I wish our vacation was longer lol! Sounds funny seeing as we were there sun-sat, then again mon-thurs!!!!! Hahahahahhah!!!!

You HAVE to take pics if anything new is open in fantasyland!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT to see pictures!!! So jealous I can not go when it opens!!!!
Yeah, midnight is pretty much the latest I can make it in a park lately! I'm used to going to be at home at like 10 or 11, because I get up at 5:30 everyday, so when I get to Disney and try to stay awake, it throws me off! I'll just need lots of naps!

Thank you! As much as I'd like to try a dole whip float, I'm just not that big a fan of pineapple...like, I like the actual dole whip, but a float might be too much! I love the citrus swirl!

I keep begging Brandon to let me add a day, but he keeps saying no. So now my next plan is to see if I can change the flights of our last day and maybe go home a little later... I don't think it will happen, because the last time I looked, flights were way too expensive now, but I'll check anyway...

I will definitely take tons of pictures if I get to see the new Fantasyland! I feel like if it's open I might cry when I see it in person! I just can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
You absolutely can not skip the castle light up show! OMG it made my cry. Still does whenever I think about it!
A great day of my must dos, I've seen some pictures of the new fantasyland and wow, it's really stunning!
I know, we always miss it! I'm thinking maybe we can run into MK quickly before we go to Cali Grill, see the castle lighting, and then walk over to the CR...the only problem with that is, that cuts into my napping time in preparation for 3am magic hours...Disney problems!

I'm trying not too look at too much of the new Fantasyland, especially the LM ride, I want to experience it all in person! But of course, I have looked at a few pictures and it looks amazing!!! I keep hearing people say they weren't impressed with the LM ride, that it's too short...are these people insane??? Ugh! Some people are never happy!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #219
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ahhhh, Magic Kingdom until 3am...during the holidays?!?! That's the best time! There's something so magical about walking across the hub to get to an attraction and passing the castle all lit up and changing colors. And if Brandon wants to go back to the resort, that means you can do whatever rides strikes your fancy at that moment.

The castle lighting ceremony is not to be missed! I think it sets the mood for the whole "holiday season."

20 days left! That's awesome!
I know, I LOVE seeing the castle lights, they are so beautiful! I'm hoping I can stay in MK til at least 2...if I make it til 3 I will be amazed, but I'll be happy with 2!

I really want to see the castle lighting ceremony, I know we won't be able to see it before MVMCP because we'll be at 'Ohana, so I have to find time during the week...

18 days now!!! 12 work days! That's the real countdown, how many days left of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I don't think I could make it to 3 AM at the MK...I hope you're able to though!!! How fun would that be??

Your MK plans sound great! That'd be so cool if New Fantasyland was previewing - I'm really hoping to catch a glimpse of it as well!
I don't think I can make it til 3 either, honestly! But I'm going to try to stay as late as possible...I'm hoping for 2! I'm going to have to take a looong nap that day, and drink lots of coffee and I'm not a big coffee drinker...we'll see! Just the fact that it's open so late is so exciting to me!

Thank you! I hope the New Fantasyland is open! I really want to see everything, it looks so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I am so glad that we are fortunate enough to be able to do 2 week trips! I can feel your anxiety at trying to figure out how to do everything! And especially when you go during a holiday and there's added events (and heavier crowds!).

Did you see that they've added mermaids to PotC?? I saw a video for it today! It looks SO COOL!!! I can't wait to go back and see it in person!

Can you believe I totally forgot to look for cupcakes when we were in DHS in July!? We did have a carrot cake cookie though, at least! Love those!!

I'm so jealous that you're going again! Only 350 days for me...but who's counting?

Oh, BTW!! We did MK til 3am a couple years ago... I highly recommend taking a nap halfway through the day! I would never have made it to 3am if I didn't sleep for a couple hours in the early afternoon! It was so much fun but most of the food places were closed so be prepared to not eat much!
OMG it's my dream to do a 2 week trip! Someday! I'm lucky this trip is so long, since Brandon said last year he won't do trips longer than a week anymore!

I read about the mermaids, but like the new Fantasyland, I don't want to see it until I'm there! I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

What? No cupcakes in DHS? I can't even comprehend that.

Well, I'm going to be totally jealous of your trip next year when it's time for you to go! Since I have nothing even planned in my mind past February!

Oh yes, I will definitely need a nice long nap if I'm going to try to stay out til 3am! We'll see if I can make it! I have a hard time staying up til midnight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so excited too. The park becomes so dead that late at night.
Last year we made it 2:45 and were dead. I pushed my DD in her stroller and she konked out in about 2.5 seconds.
YES that's what I'm hoping for! I'm thinking not too many people will make it past midnight! I'm almost thinking of just going back to the resort after Cali Grill and taking a quick nap, and then going back to MK at midnight when everyone is leaving, but I'm afraid once we go to sleep, we won't want to get up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
The latest I've stayed at MK was 1am. 3am would be amazing. My advice? TAKE A NAP!
3am would be SO fantastic! I'm sure I'll be taking a few naps that day...and drinking lots of coffee and/or energy drinks (which I never drink unless I'm in Disney!)

Aren't you just about dying of excitement right now? I'm SO ready for this trip!!!! And your trip is closer than mine!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #220
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

So I had been subscribed to your TR and then it disappeared, so I missed a TON of stuff... I saw you mention something about the Christmas party... are you guys definitely going and if so, have you picked a night?

I am having the same sort of dilemma as you with that weekend, with is being the last one of F&W and the first weekend of all the Christmas stuff. Add in the crowds for those and for all of the pre-preview of New Fantasyland... I am crippled with indecision!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #221
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Girl, that's okay sometimes we just can't wait to update.

That's awesome! I've been stalking the hours for my Thanksgiving trip, because normally they're open really late, but they don't release the hours until very close to the actual time frame. 3am EMH's are awesome!

Oh, you'll be there for the Fantasyland previews. What I understand is that from this point on they're going to stay in soft opening. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #222
DisneyGator13
Earning My Ears

We're staying at Caribbean Beach! We were actually supposed to be at POR but we couldn't get free dining and a King room, so we switched. I like CBR; it's actually the first place I ever stayed in Disney all those 21 years ago...

We did manage do get a good set of ADRs, Grand Floridian Cafe, 50's PTC, and La Hacienda de San Angel for dinner and Crystal Palace for lunch. I'm really looking forward to doing a trip just my boyfriend and me so we'll have many more choices!

I think that it won't be as crowded as you think that week! With the holiday and the end of F&W, I'm guessing the crowds will be pretty mild.

Love your must-dos! Getting me so excited that our trips are so close!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #223
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
So I had been subscribed to your TR and then it disappeared, so I missed a TON of stuff... I saw you mention something about the Christmas party... are you guys definitely going and if so, have you picked a night?

I am having the same sort of dilemma as you with that weekend, with is being the last one of F&W and the first weekend of all the Christmas stuff. Add in the crowds for those and for all of the pre-preview of New Fantasyland... I am crippled with indecision!
Ughhh, I hate when that happens, you're subscribed to a thread and then it just disappears! Glad you found me again!

We are probably definitely going to the MVMCP (I know, that makes sense right? ) but I don't know what night! I was all set with Thursday, but now I'm not so sure I want to wait til that late in the week. So I don't know. No idea. Are you going?

That weekend is going to be tough! I THINK I have some sort of plan, but it's all going to depend on the crowd levels...I keep reading these threads on the Theme parks section where people are freaking out about that weekend! Maybe I'm in denial, but I really don't think it's going to be that horrible! I am seriously hoping to get into the New Fantasyland, I think that would be really horrible if they didn't have it open for us! Keep your fingers crossed!

Basically, I'm feeling the same way as you are, crippled with indecision about everything concerning this trip! Aside from my ADR's, it's probably going to be a pretty spontaneous trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Girl, that's okay sometimes we just can't wait to update.

That's awesome! I've been stalking the hours for my Thanksgiving trip, because normally they're open really late, but they don't release the hours until very close to the actual time frame. 3am EMH's are awesome!

Oh, you'll be there for the Fantasyland previews. What I understand is that from this point on they're going to stay in soft opening. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.
Haha, I wanted to do another update tonight, but I'm too tired, so I will do one tomorrow!

I'm sure they will extend the hours for Thanksgiving weekend, I mean, if we're getting 3am EMH, you should get the same right? I would hope!

See, I'm reading the opposite about the previews, I keep seeing that between the CM previews, the DVC previews, and the AP previews, on the days they aren't doing anything, it will be closed! I don't think anyone really knows what's going on, I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I'm there! I would hope that at one point in my 9 days there, it will be open at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGator13 View Post
We're staying at Caribbean Beach! We were actually supposed to be at POR but we couldn't get free dining and a King room, so we switched. I like CBR; it's actually the first place I ever stayed in Disney all those 21 years ago...

We did manage do get a good set of ADRs, Grand Floridian Cafe, 50's PTC, and La Hacienda de San Angel for dinner and Crystal Palace for lunch. I'm really looking forward to doing a trip just my boyfriend and me so we'll have many more choices!

I think that it won't be as crowded as you think that week! With the holiday and the end of F&W, I'm guessing the crowds will be pretty mild.

Love your must-dos! Getting me so excited that our trips are so close!!
I've always wanted to stay at CBR, I considered it for this trip, but I really, really wanted to check out the new royal rooms! I think CBR looks so pretty!

Your ADR's sound great! I really want to try the Grand Floridian Cafe and 50's PT someday!

Well, I think the first weekend will be crowded, with the half marathon and everything, and Veteran's Day, but hopefully after that, everyone will go home and we'll have a nice, quiet week!

AHHH I know, I'm so excited, I don't know how I'm going to contain myself for the next 17 days!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #224
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom until 3 am? Awesome!! I think it would be so cool to be there that late, and have it feel like it just belongs to you!

In addition to online check in, do you also call the resort directly to increase the chances of getting your request?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #225
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Jealous you get to stay til 3. The latest I've ever stayed is 1 and that wasn't even an EMH night!

So many must do's at MK! I really cannot wait to see new Fantasyland in person... it's killing me that I have no idea when I'll get to! I'm not looking at anything, I had to avert my eyes from the pictures in this update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: