Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #196
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I are leaving for Disney on November 10, and I am soooooo excited! We will be staying at pop century, which is our first time ever staying on site. I am glad you are going at about the same time as we are, because reading your trip report is that much more exciting, we can count down together! Btw, I agree, this is going to be an awesome time to go! With the food and wine festival, Christmas decorations, free dining, nice weather, it's like the perfect storm of a disney vacation!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #197
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I know, I have a turkey leg problem! I want one of those air fresheners SO bad!
I heard they actually smell really good! I love the smell of turkey, but I don't know if I'd describe it as 'fresh.'
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #198
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88

I heard they actually smell really good! I love the smell of turkey, but I don't know if I'd describe it as 'fresh.'
I smelled one on our recent trip and it smelled just like a turkey leg!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #199
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

TSM had long waits and then one time it was **** down the whole time we were there

We got rylan on BTMRR by not telling him it was a roller coaster. Maybe try to coax her by saying she's older now and just needs to try it again once. Maybe that'd work? Worth a try.

Things can get so stressful when planning!!! Glad it's been taken care of and less stress now!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #200
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
YAY so glad you're here!!!

Yeah, I was thinking I might pay for the 2 credit restaurants and use the credits for the other ones...I'm going to price everything out and see what makes the most sense. I sometimes like to pay for buffets since it's just one flat price, I kind of feel like buffets are a waste of a dining credit, but we'll see. I wish I was one of those experts who could figure out the best strategy, but I can't see putting all that time and effort into it!

OMG you have to try the peanut butter cupcake, it's amazing!! The peanut butter is SO good, it's even better than a Reese's peanut butter cup!

Haha, don't you love Disney abbreviations? I cannot wait to go on all of my favorites and do the drawing class, I'm so excited for this trip!!!

You posted on my last TR? I didn't know it was even available anymore, I figured it was in the completed section! I will definitely go check it out! I really have to get caught up on your TR too!
It shouldn't take you too long to get caught up on my TR, since I barely posted this summer. I think I posted more baby updates than Disney updates.

I just checked and your TR is in the completed section. I guess I wrote my comments just before they moved it. I'll just post the rest of my comments here. I have them all typed up in Words, and I don't want them to go to waste.

Ron loves food, but because of the heat at Disney he’s never that hungry. So last trip we did it with almost no ADR and we loved the freedom!

Apparently they changed a water canon in Splash Mountain so that it doesn’t soak the guests anymore on one of the lift hills. I think the only way to get really wet now is at the end of the big drop if you are sitting in the front.

You can never have too many World Showcase sunset pictures. That last sunset picture (before the caramel shop picture) is breathtaking! It looks like you are over somewhere by a lake, not in the middle of a theme park.

I don’t know why, but I really love balloon pictures!

Yay for riding TOT twice in a row with almost no wait!

Maybe the restaurants keep a few tables open for walk-ups? Or maybe it was just early? Anyway, it doesn’t matter. What matters is, you got to eat the wonderful Via Napoli pizza!

The purple fairy is Vidia. The only reason I know it is because she’s the one that was meeting with Tink when I saw them.

I’m glad you had a great trip, despite all of the things you missed and getting sick. Ron and I don’t think we could ever do a trip sorter than a week. We’d just feel too rush, so I understand why you felt that way.

There. The second half of my comments. Happy reading!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #201
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Glad you found a dinner LC ADR that works for you!
Sounds like a great plan for DHS! I meant to get a carrot cake cookie in Sept., but I forgot! Not even a good excuse!
I love the Animation Academy!
Osbourne lights! So jealous!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #202
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
My boyfriend and I are leaving for Disney on November 10, and I am soooooo excited! We will be staying at pop century, which is our first time ever staying on site. I am glad you are going at about the same time as we are, because reading your trip report is that much more exciting, we can count down together! Btw, I agree, this is going to be an awesome time to go! With the food and wine festival, Christmas decorations, free dining, nice weather, it's like the perfect storm of a disney vacation!
Yay, you are definitely going during a great time, I've gone twice the week before Thanksgiving, and it's so much fun! You are going to love Pop, it's adorable, definitely my favorite value resort! Only 3 more weeks til our trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Haha, no, definitely not fresh, and I'm not sure I'd put one in my car...actually, maybe I would, just to freak people out! I am so buying one when I'm there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I smelled one on our recent trip and it smelled just like a turkey leg!
Yum, see, to me that sounds so good! It's a weird idea for an air freshener, but still, I want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
TSM had long waits and then one time it was **** down the whole time we were there

We got rylan on BTMRR by not telling him it was a roller coaster. Maybe try to coax her by saying she's older now and just needs to try it again once. Maybe that'd work? Worth a try.

Things can get so stressful when planning!!! Glad it's been taken care of and less stress now!!
Ugh, yeah, TSM can get frustrating with how long the wait can be! If I don't get there first thing in the morning, forget it!

Well, the thing with my niece is, she remembers that she doesn't like ToT, so she doesn't want to go on. I'm just hoping when we're there, and she sees me and her mom go on, she will want to as well!

YES, all of my stress concerning this trip is GONE! All I feel now is pure joy and excitement! I cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It shouldn't take you too long to get caught up on my TR, since I barely posted this summer. I think I posted more baby updates than Disney updates.

I just checked and your TR is in the completed section. I guess I wrote my comments just before they moved it. I'll just post the rest of my comments here. I have them all typed up in Words, and I don't want them to go to waste.

Ron loves food, but because of the heat at Disney he’s never that hungry. So last trip we did it with almost no ADR and we loved the freedom!

I'd love to do an ADR less trip, but I love Le Cellier and 'Ohana so much that I just don't think it's possible! Unless we did a 2 ADR trip and that's it!

Apparently they changed a water canon in Splash Mountain so that it doesn’t soak the guests anymore on one of the lift hills. I think the only way to get really wet now is at the end of the big drop if you are sitting in the front.

Really? Good to know! I know I will definitely not ever be sitting in the front of Splash again, which is too bad, because it's so much fun, but I don't want to get soaked!

You can never have too many World Showcase sunset pictures. That last sunset picture (before the caramel shop picture) is breathtaking! It looks like you are over somewhere by a lake, not in the middle of a theme park.

Thank you! That was such a beautiful night, I love the World Showcase at dusk, such a perfect time to be there!

I don’t know why, but I really love balloon pictures!

So do I! That's why I always try to take a good one, but I just can't! Maybe someday when I get a real camera!

Yay for riding TOT twice in a row with almost no wait!

I love ToT, I cannot wait to be there in a few weeks!

Maybe the restaurants keep a few tables open for walk-ups? Or maybe it was just early? Anyway, it doesn’t matter. What matters is, you got to eat the wonderful Via Napoli pizza!

It would make sense if they kept tables open for walk ups, but I always hear that they don't do that! Either way, I'm glad we got in, the pizza was SO good! I love that place!

The purple fairy is Vidia. The only reason I know it is because she’s the one that was meeting with Tink when I saw them.

Oh, thanks! The other fairies are really cute, but I just have no interest in watching any of the Tink movies, you know? To me, Tink is a brat from Peter Pan, I kind of wish they kept her that way. And I don't like that she talks! Still, I wish I knew who the other fairies were!

I’m glad you had a great trip, despite all of the things you missed and getting sick. Ron and I don’t think we could ever do a trip sorter than a week. We’d just feel too rush, so I understand why you felt that way.

Thank you, it was a fun trip, but it was definitely rushed! That's why I was stressing so much about planning this trip, but now everything has kind of fallen into place and I'm just SO excited! I'd do a short trip again, I would just have to plan differently!

There. The second half of my comments. Happy reading!
I know I've definitely seen some of the baby updates, but I think I might have been lurking while I was at work or something, but I still have to get caught up! There are so many TR's that I have to get caught up on, I've never been like this as a DIS'er, but I just don't have as much free time anymore!

(I'm going to go back into your comments to reply back in a different color, so I can remember everything!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Glad you found a dinner LC ADR that works for you!
Sounds like a great plan for DHS! I meant to get a carrot cake cookie in Sept., but I forgot! Not even a good excuse!
I love the Animation Academy!
Osbourne lights! So jealous!
Thanks, me too! I'm not thrilled about the 2 credit situation, but I just have to sit down and figure out what to pay OOP for! No big deal!

Thanks! Ahhh, that cookie is SO good, it's way too much for one person! I always mean to try certain things and forget, it just happens sometimes!

I know...I seriously cannot wait for the Osborne Lights...I think about them all year, I love Christmas and Disney SO much, you have no idea, and the Osborne Lights are such a perfect combination of the 2!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #203
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd love to do an ADR less trip, but I love Le Cellier and 'Ohana so much that I just don't think it's possible! Unless we did a 2 ADR trip and that's it!
We had three ADRs for our two weeks trip (Kona, Via Napoli and Fulton's) and did one walk-up (Brown Derby). So you could totally try getting just your absolute must-do ADRs, and for the rest do counter-service and walk-ups. And worse comes to worse, if after a couple of days you really can't take it, go to concierge and have them help-you get a few last-minute ADRs.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #204
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I like your Studios must-do list; I can't wait to see the Osborne Lights for the first time.

A friendly reminder about LeCellier for dinner...you are limited on the substitutions (no cream cheese mashed potatos, etc.).
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #205
DisneyGator13
Earning My Ears

Hi!

I was a lurker on your May TR (you are so funny, BTW!) and just found this PTR. it look like we'll be in Disney the around the same time! I'll be there from Sunday 11/11-Wednesday 11/14.

It looks like you have an amazing trip planned. I need to do a PTR update with ADRs but I'm so jealous of all the wonderful places you're eating! We're a huge party so it was really hard to get good ADRs, so I'm glad someone did.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #206
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
We had three ADRs for our two weeks trip (Kona, Via Napoli and Fulton's) and did one walk-up (Brown Derby). So you could totally try getting just your absolute must-do ADRs, and for the rest do counter-service and walk-ups. And worse comes to worse, if after a couple of days you really can't take it, go to concierge and have them help-you get a few last-minute ADRs.
I would love to do a trip like that! Maybe our next trip will be like that, we've done walk-up's at places too, and have never had a problem! You just have to be flexible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I like your Studios must-do list; I can't wait to see the Osborne Lights for the first time.

A friendly reminder about LeCellier for dinner...you are limited on the substitutions (no cream cheese mashed potatos, etc.).
Thanks! You are going to love the Osborne Lights, they are amazing! I could look at them for hours, but Brandon gets bored.

Yeah, I realize I won't get my beloved cream cheese mashed potatoes at dinner at LC, but as long as they have the cheddar cheese soup and fliet, I'm good! I'm excited to try dinner, we haven't had dinner there since it switched to 2 TS credits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGator13 View Post
Hi!

I was a lurker on your May TR (you are so funny, BTW!) and just found this PTR. it look like we'll be in Disney the around the same time! I'll be there from Sunday 11/11-Wednesday 11/14.

It looks like you have an amazing trip planned. I need to do a PTR update with ADRs but I'm so jealous of all the wonderful places you're eating! We're a huge party so it was really hard to get good ADRs, so I'm glad someone did.
Hi, welcome!

That's so cool that you will be in Disney at the same time! I have a feeling my lovely quiet week before Thanksgiving is going to be a bit busier than we're used to, but it's ok, as long as I'm in Disney, I'm happy! Where are you staying?

Thanks! I think this trip is going to be pretty amazing, it has my 2 favorite things, Food and Wine and Christmas, so it should be lots of fun! I hope you got some ADR's that you're happy with, I'm sure having a lot of people makes it difficult!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #207
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Must Do's!

So I normally don't do updates this close together, I know I just did my DHS one a few days ago, but I'm getting so excited about this trip, I just didn't feel like waiting!

One of the reasons I didn't feel like waiting is because I'm freaking out about the November hours that just got extended! The night that we are going to the Magic Kingdom after California Grill? Well the hours have been extended to 12 am...AND there are magic hours that night! Do you know what that means?

THE MAGIC KINGDOM IS OPEN UNTIL 3 IN THE MORNING!!!!

I don't think I've ever been to Disney when MK is open that late...definitely 1am, possibly 2, but never 3! I am SO excited, I cannot even stand it! Yes, I realize it means they are expecting high crowds to have it open that late, but honestly, I don't care! I just want to make it to the end, ONE TIME on one of our trips! Brandon already said he probably doesn't want to stay that long, and I told him he can go back the resort without me if he wants to leave, I'm really going to try! I think it would be so much fun to be in MK in the middle of the night, pretty much! AHHHHH I'm getting so impatient, and the days are starting to drag!

Now, for my Magic Kingdom must do's! This is a hard update to do because I basically want to do everything in MK! So to cut it down a little, I decided to pick one attraction from each land. But just assume I want to do everything in the MK. Well, except the Stitch ride. No interest in that.

Tomorrowland

My favorite, the People Mover!

Fantasyland

Peter Pan's Flight

Liberty Square

The Haunted Mansion!

Frontierland

Big Thunder Mountain, at night of course!

Adventureland

Pirates!

There are 2 other things I would like to do while we are at the Magic Kingdom:

1. See the Castle Lighting ceremony, FINALLY, because we always skip it!!!!

2. Hope that the new Fantasyland is open so we can see it and I won't have to wait until February!

I am REALLY, REALLY hoping they are still doing Fantasyland previews for the public while we're there. We'll be there when they are doing AP and DVC previews, so hopefully, on the days that those previews don't happen, they will let the public in to see it! I'm trying not to look at too many pictures, because I want to be stunned when I see it in person, but what I have seen looks amazing. I think I might burst into tears if we really get to see it on this trip!

And of course, a list of MK must do's wouldn't be complete without a few must have snacks, right?

Have to have a Dole Whip of some kind. I'll probably get the citrus swirl, but I might finally try a float!

Disney popcorn! I'm obsessed with Disney popcorn, I will get it in any park, but I love to get it in MK to have while I'm watching Wishes!

Something from Sleepy Hollow-a waffle, a funnel cake, something yummy, probably for breakfast!

Of course, there are tons of other must do's for MK, but to list them all would be crazy! I mean, obviously we have to see Wishes. Philharmagic, Splash, Space, but you get the idea, right? I'd also like to finally have a Mickey ice cream bar, a cake pop from the Confectionery, a float from Auntie Gravity's...like I said at the beginning, I just want to experience everything the Magic Kingdom has to offer! I feel like we never spend enough time there, and on this trip, I want to make sure I don't feel like I'm missing something!

Only 20 days left until our trip! 20 LONG days! But in 10 days I can do online check in, and then I'll be in single digits! I'm starting to get SO excited, I can hardly stand it! SO ready for Disney!!!

Up next...either Food and Wine must do's or MVMCP!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #208
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip is so close... I really hope you get to see the new Fantasyland! Take tons of pictures so we can all live vicariously, LOL!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #209
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I pretty much agree with all your must-dos. Don't put too much hope on this, but apparently the new Fantasyland will be open during the evenings after the previews are done for the day. So maybe, just maybe, it'll be open that night for you after California Grill? Oh, and I so agree about sending Brandon back to the resort if he's too tired. While I don't think I could do a full trip solo, being alone for just a couple hours is kinda fun, and very freeing.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #210
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Wow! I cant believe your trip is sooo close!!! Yipee
I hope you make it to 3 am!! That is soo cool!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: