Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #181
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree that AK can be accomplished in one day and that it's too stressful to try to fit in more time there.
Hmm, I never thought about the show times interfering, but now that you mention it, they do sort of start immediately after another ones ends. Normally, I just concentrate on FotLK so I don't ever pay attention to anything else.
We always do 1 day at AK, but I am trying to find a way to do 2 days on this trip, and there's a reason why...I'll let you guys know in my next update! FOTLK is definitely my priority as far as shows go, but if Brandon really wants to see that bird show again, I suppose we can fit it in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Agreed! Other than going to the MK on our first morning and trying to visit all the parks for a little bit in our first couple of days we don't really have any plans. We just do whatever we feel like doing!
I wish we could do that, but it's impossible with so many ADR's! We just love our ADR's! That's not to say we're not spontaneous, we do change plans while we're there, I just like to have some idea of what's happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm catching up again...but I have to say I once got a sony and took it back...same issue, they looked fine for the most part on the camera, but once I downloaded them they were HORRID. They told me it was a camera malfunction, but I didn't want to chance it again and stay away from sony now.
Yeah, the pictures looked great on the camera, but on the computer, forget it, they were awful! It's too bad, the camera seemed pretty good, but all of the reviews I read said Sony just put money into making the camera look cute, but not actually work well. At least I know not to get a Sony now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I'm back!!!!

And sad about it lol!

Anyways... We spent not even a full day at AK and part of that was out meal at Tusker house! We played it by ear this time, what parks to go to which days. The first week the parks weren't crowded at all, but the second week (mon-wed) was PACKED!!! We figured because of the holiday Monday it made everyone come. It shouldn't be too terribly bad for you though! Plus you'll have the party to get to ride rides too! :D

Don't stress the small stuff!!! If you have never worried about crowd calendars before, why bother now, right?

Yay, welcome back! Sad your trip is over, but happy you're back!

Huh that's weird that the 2nd week was so packed, it must have been Columbus Day! I'm not too worried about the crowds, if a park we go to is packed, we'll hop to another one! I just don't want to wait in line for the Food and Wine booths all day!

I'm not really stressing anymore, now I'm just excited!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #182
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

DHS Must Do's!

Hi everyone! Sooo, I THINK I might have a solution to our itinerary problem...I've been stalking Le Cellier ADR's for days, and there have been a few lunch ADR's open here and there, but nothing that would really solve my problem...and then today, a dinner ADR opened! So I grabbed it! That means I can cancel all of my weekend lunch ADR's and do dinner that weekend, not worry about too much park hopping, and then go later in the week for lunch! Yay!!! The only problem now is, how to divide up the dining credits...with LC being 2 TS credits for dinner AND us going to Cali Grill the next night, that's half of our TS credits used! So some things will have to be paid OOP, but I just have to figure out what! No big deal though, I haven't been to LC for dinner in a while, so I'm excited to try it again!

Now, on to the must do's for DHS!

DHS is one of my favorite parks, I love everything about it! So of course, I have a long list of things I'll need to get accomplished, which means I have to spend a lot of time there! What do I have to do while we're there?

The Tower of Terror, of course! My favorite ride in the world! This has to be ridden multiple times. Preferably in a row during EMH nights, but I'll take what I can get!

Toy Story Mania! I love it, so much fun!

Rock N' Roller Coaster! Hopefully we'll be able to get on this ride on this trip, since we had to skip it in May because the line was too long!

The Animation Academy! Ever since I discovered this a few trips ago, it's become a favorite!

I really want to meet Phineas and Ferb! I wish Perry was with them, but I'd still love to meet them! I know you have to get in line early though, and it's a toss up whether I'd rather meet them or get TSM FP's...I'm guessing FP's will win!

And of course, we HAVE to see the Osborne Lights! Hopefully we will be able to do 2 nights, but it not, I definitely need one LONG night there to spend lots of time looking at the lights!

-I'd also like to do Star Tours, of course, and maybe the Beauty and the Beast show. Brandon really wants to see Lights, Motor, Action! so we'll try to fit that in. Oh, and the Muppets. Can't forget about the Muppets! And the Great Movie ride, if there is time!

And that brings us to things I must eat at DHS!

A cupcake at Starring Roles. A must have. I don't know which kind I'll get, I got red velvet last time, so I'll probably go with the peanut butter chocolate, but who knows? Can't go wrong either way!

Carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop! Love this little place, and these cookies are amazing! I love stopping here for a quick breakfast!

A Turkey Leg! It's kind of my own little tradition to have a turkey leg in DHS, I don't know why, but I always do it. They're gross and huge, but SO good!

-If we don't end up going to 50's Prime Time to eat, I'd like to at least stop at the Tune In Lounge for a drink. We really loved hanging out there on our last trip, it's so cute and cozy, it's a nice place to take a little break.

So that should be it for DHS! I mean, I've pretty much covered the whole park, right? I just love this park so much, like I said, so I really need a good amount of time here! I know a lot of people see it as a one day, or even half day park, but not me, I need a few days here! Hopefully I can do most of my must do's! I know it's a long list, but then again...wait til you see my Epcot and MK lists!

Up next...MK must do's!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #183
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Yay for DHS!! I am very glad by the way that you kinda have your ADRs figured.

OK, now you are making me hungry! Why does it all have to taste so good. I'm. Not. Worthy.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #184
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

TOY STORY TOY STORY TOY STORY.

YAY for the drawing class! So fun! Hahah, the artist's Sorcerer Mickey was a little better than mine... maybe...

Hahha, your turkey leg tradition. Too funny!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #185
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm late to the party, but I'm here now and have caught up with your PTR.
I read most of it last night and didn't type my comments though, so I forgot what I wanted to say. Oops!

I'm not an expert on dining credits, but most of what I've read say it's better to pay OOP for restaurants that take 2 credits and use the credits for 2 different restaurants instead. Obviously it depends on what you will eat where, but most of the time the 2 credits places are NOT double the price of the 1 credit ones.

I'm a HUGE fan of Reese's cups, and peanut butter and chocolate, yet I always pass on the peanut butter cupcake. Maybe it's time I try it.

As for the rest of your must-dos, not much arguing from me here. TOT, RNR, TSM (is that enough abbreviations for you? ) as well as the drawing class are all favorites of mine.

I don't know if you saw, but I caught up on your TR as well. I posted comments for about half the TR, and have the other half of the comments typed up. Will post those soon.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #186
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! You got a dinner ADR! You are a really good ADR stalker!! Lol glad it worked out
I would get BOTH cupcakes so you can kepp picking at them all night..yummy!
TSM is the best!!
P.s. hey, did you feel the earthquake?? It originated in Maine, but we felt our house shake!!! And the news said people in Conn. reported feeling it as well...
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #187
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Your enthusiasm for DHS is contagious! I need to spend more time there so I can fall in love with it!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #188
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I KNEW if you stalked LC you'd find something.

Animation Academy is going to be on my list coming up too. I haven't done it in the longest time.

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. Such tasty goodness.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #189
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha glad to hear you worked out your LC plans! So how many ADR's there do you have now?

Your DHS plans sound great!!! Love the carrot cake cookie!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #190
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Besides the turkey leg, I have almost the same must do's I can just cut and paste your update on my PTR.

I don't know what other adrs you have but you might think about using the TIW card at one of the two credit places and use your credits on 1ts places. Unless you are using them for breakfast, in that case use the tiw on breakfast.

Last edited by pinkxray; 10-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #191
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree, DHS definitely needs a lot of time alloted to it. But, then again, I guess if nobody in your party is a big caoster junkie or if you have young kids, I can see why DHS would be a shorter day. All I know is, everything on your Must-Do List is pretty much a must-do for me, as well, so I can see why you'd be at DHS a lot.

Ahhh, the Osbourne Lights! I'm almost positive I could see them every night of a Disney trip and be happy.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #192
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Rylan LOVED Star Tours!!! We went on that ride over and over again!

Sadly we only rode TSM once! ONCE! We mainly spent our time at MK and Epcot. And when we were at DHS we rode star tours lol

I wanted to try ToT with ry, but it was give or take with roller coasters with him, I figured ToT would pry be too much for him Oh Well!

Can't wait to hear about your other must dos!!!!

And YAY or figuring LC ADRs out
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #193
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Yay for DHS!! I am very glad by the way that you kinda have your ADRs figured.

OK, now you are making me hungry! Why does it all have to taste so good. I'm. Not. Worthy.
Thanks, so am I! It's so nice to finally be calm and just excited about this trip and not stressed!!!

Haha, I don't know...Disney would be amazing enough without all of those delicious snacks, but having cupcakes and turkey legs makes it SO much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
TOY STORY TOY STORY TOY STORY.

YAY for the drawing class! So fun! Hahah, the artist's Sorcerer Mickey was a little better than mine... maybe...

Hahha, your turkey leg tradition. Too funny!
EEEEEEE Toy Story!!! I can't wait!!! I have a feeling Brandon is going to be less enthusiastic about this ride than I am, so I might go solo a couple of times! Maybe he can go see the car stunt show he's been wanting to see and I'll go on TSM til I drop!

Aww, your Sorcerer Mickey was adorable! It's weird, I don't normally like to draw all that much, since I'm terrible at it, but it's so much fun drawing Disney characters!

I know, I have a turkey leg problem! I want one of those air fresheners SO bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm late to the party, but I'm here now and have caught up with your PTR.
I read most of it last night and didn't type my comments though, so I forgot what I wanted to say. Oops!

I'm not an expert on dining credits, but most of what I've read say it's better to pay OOP for restaurants that take 2 credits and use the credits for 2 different restaurants instead. Obviously it depends on what you will eat where, but most of the time the 2 credits places are NOT double the price of the 1 credit ones.

I'm a HUGE fan of Reese's cups, and peanut butter and chocolate, yet I always pass on the peanut butter cupcake. Maybe it's time I try it.

As for the rest of your must-dos, not much arguing from me here. TOT, RNR, TSM (is that enough abbreviations for you? ) as well as the drawing class are all favorites of mine.

I don't know if you saw, but I caught up on your TR as well. I posted comments for about half the TR, and have the other half of the comments typed up. Will post those soon.
YAY so glad you're here!!!

Yeah, I was thinking I might pay for the 2 credit restaurants and use the credits for the other ones...I'm going to price everything out and see what makes the most sense. I sometimes like to pay for buffets since it's just one flat price, I kind of feel like buffets are a waste of a dining credit, but we'll see. I wish I was one of those experts who could figure out the best strategy, but I can't see putting all that time and effort into it!

OMG you have to try the peanut butter cupcake, it's amazing!! The peanut butter is SO good, it's even better than a Reese's peanut butter cup!

Haha, don't you love Disney abbreviations? I cannot wait to go on all of my favorites and do the drawing class, I'm so excited for this trip!!!

You posted on my last TR? I didn't know it was even available anymore, I figured it was in the completed section! I will definitely go check it out! I really have to get caught up on your TR too!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #194
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Yeah!! You got a dinner ADR! You are a really good ADR stalker!! Lol glad it worked out
I would get BOTH cupcakes so you can kepp picking at them all night..yummy!
TSM is the best!!
P.s. hey, did you feel the earthquake?? It originated in Maine, but we felt our house shake!!! And the news said people in Conn. reported feeling it as well...
Haha, well I don't know if I'm a good stalker...just an obsessive one! When I say stalk though, I really just look once a day, but I look at different times every day, and yesterday, I looked at a really weird time, and it worked out!

I might just get both cupcakes, that's not a problem!

No, I didn't feel the earthquake! But my friend in the next town over did, which is weird! We had an earthquake here maybe 2 summers ago, which I felt at work, so weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Your enthusiasm for DHS is contagious! I need to spend more time there so I can fall in love with it!
Thank you! I LOVE DHS! You should definitely spend more time there, it's such a beautiful park, and so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I KNEW if you stalked LC you'd find something.

Animation Academy is going to be on my list coming up too. I haven't done it in the longest time.

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. Such tasty goodness.
Haha, I had a feeling I might find something, but nothing was coming up for weeks, so I was about to give up hope...I'm glad I didn't!

I love the Animation Academy, it's so much fun, but it's kind of annoying to time it properly! If you get there right after a class starts, you have to sit around for 30 minutes and if you get there too late, it might be full! Disney problems!

Mmm I can't wait to have another one of those cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha glad to hear you worked out your LC plans! So how many ADR's there do you have now?

Your DHS plans sound great!!! Love the carrot cake cookie!!
Thanks! Umm...well...I might have 7 all together...possibly 8? But I'm only keeping 2! I'll cancel them as soon as I finalize my plans so other people can get them...I'm a hoarder, I know!

Thank you, I love DHS, I cannot wait to go there! I can't wait for the Writer's Stop and that cookie, yum!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #195
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Besides the turkey leg, I have almost the same must do's I can just cut and paste your update on my PTR.

I don't know what other adrs you have but you might think about using the TIW card at one of the two credit places and use your credits on 1ts places. Unless you are using them for breakfast, in that case use the tiw on breakfast.
You don't like turkey legs anymore? You did when we were kids!

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, since I'm sure Brandon will be drinking at Le Cellier and Cali Grill, with the TiW card, he'll get a discount on drinks too. Why use the TiW on breakfast? Because they are the cheapest? I was thinking too, since we're doing Boma and Cape May, and they are buffets, maybe I should just pay OOP for those, since they are just one price, and we wouldn't get anything additional, like appetizers...but I don't know! I'm going to price it out before we go and see what makes the most sense, but I'll probably just pay for the 2 credit places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree, DHS definitely needs a lot of time alloted to it. But, then again, I guess if nobody in your party is a big caoster junkie or if you have young kids, I can see why DHS would be a shorter day. All I know is, everything on your Must-Do List is pretty much a must-do for me, as well, so I can see why you'd be at DHS a lot.

Ahhh, the Osbourne Lights! I'm almost positive I could see them every night of a Disney trip and be happy.
Huh, yeah, I guess you have a point! It just never occurs to me that people don't like thrill rides! I just love DHS so much, and I LOVE the Tower of Terror, so I just have to go there multiple times in a trip!

I know, I love the Osborne Lights! Brandon gets bored with them after like, 5 mintues, but I think they are so beautiful, I love the Christmas music and the snow...it really gets me in the Christmas spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Rylan LOVED Star Tours!!! We went on that ride over and over again!

Sadly we only rode TSM once! ONCE! We mainly spent our time at MK and Epcot. And when we were at DHS we rode star tours lol

I wanted to try ToT with ry, but it was give or take with roller coasters with him, I figured ToT would pry be too much for him Oh Well!

Can't wait to hear about your other must dos!!!!

And YAY or figuring LC ADRs out
Star Tours is so much fun!

Aww only once for TSM??? Was the line really long? I guess I can understand wanting to be at MK and Epcot more though, I mean, they are the 2 best parks! And much more for a kid to do there!

I'm trying to talk my niece into going on ToT again in February (she went on it on her last Disney trip with her family and didn't like it!) but so far, she's not convinced! We'll see, I've got 4 months to persuade her!

Thanks! I'm so glad the Le Cellier drama is OVER! That was ridiculously stressful for something that's supposed to be fun and...well, NOT stressful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: