Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #166
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Even just reading about you changing your itinerary makes ME want to change my itinerary.

FOTLK is definitely a must do, especially after the rumors I read recently about them possibly getting rid of CMM for Avatar land and having no plans on where to move FOTLK. If they get rid of FOTLK, I don't know if we'd have a problem skipping AK on our trips until we have little ones.

We don't typically make it a priority to do the safari. It is on my wish list for this trip, though. But so is Nemo. Greg doesn't really remember it and I didn't enjoy it as much as I know I should've bc there was a crying baby sitting right next to us.

Dinosaur FREAKS me out. It's so loud! I just end up holding my ears and shutting my eyes the entire time. We ride it every once in a while.

Suggestion for planning: write down a list of everything that you'd like to accomplish (not worrying about categorizing it into parks, etc. at first). Then take a look and see what park requires the most time based on the number of attractions/experiences/good eats/etc. I find this really helps me to see what it is that I want to do.

DON'T STRESS SO MUCH!!!!

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #167
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, your AK day sounds great. I don't do EE anymore, but I'm with you on the Safari and seeing the giraffes. I would definitely do FOTLK...rumor has it that they might discontinue the show.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #168
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I agree with you that it's more fun to be 'surprised' while reading the TR!

YAY ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!!

Um, excuse me... it's tough to be a bug seems to be missing from your must-do list.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #169
MEK
DIS Veteran

Totally redoing your itinerary? Say it isn't so?

I would expect nothing less.

Great pictures for all your AK highlights!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #170
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

More changes to the plan???

What about just not having a plan? Or are the crowd calendars THAT much different between the days?

We have absolutely no plan for our upcoming trip (mainly because a good portion of our trip is wedding-planning meetings), beyond a couple of ADR's that would kind of dictate where we'd be (Rose and Crown in Epcot, for example). But other than that, I have no idea what park we're going to on what day. See where you feel like going on each day, and go where the Disney wind takes you!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #171
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hahaha I can't wait to read the TR to see how the plans actually work out!
I feel the same about Ak, I do enjoy it but I never spend more than one day there. I pretty much like to do the same must-dos you have and then I'm good!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #172
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I have enjoyed reading your PTR. It is so hard trying to fit in everything you want to get in. I love your Vera Bradley purse!! Looking forward to see the rest of your plans.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #173
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I have pretty much the same going on for our Feb. trip. Our days just felt to choppy which lead to our resort change the first day. Now our adrs don't feel right, so pretty much all of them are on the chopping block (only kept 'Ohana, BOG and T-rex)

Caitlin has never been on Dinosaur, I'll have to add that to our list for AK.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #174
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! So glad you have chapter links on page one, so I can get caught up a lot more quickly!

When I was reading your comments on your MK day and dinner at Le Cellier, I was thinking about your May trip. That's funny!

I followed easywdw's park recommendation for our last trip. I think Josh is pretty much on target with his predictions. Try not to get too stressed out ---You've seen it all, and chances are, you'll be back again within the year. Enjoy it all!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #175
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree that AK can be accomplished in one day and that it's too stressful to try to fit in more time there.
Hmm, I never thought about the show times interfering, but now that you mention it, they do sort of start immediately after another ones ends. Normally, I just concentrate on FotLK so I don't ever pay attention to anything else.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #176
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

What about just not having a plan? Or are the crowd calendars THAT much different between the days?

We have absolutely no plan for our upcoming trip (mainly because a good portion of our trip is wedding-planning meetings), beyond a couple of ADR's that would kind of dictate where we'd be (Rose and Crown in Epcot, for example). But other than that, I have no idea what park we're going to on what day. See where you feel like going on each day, and go where the Disney wind takes you!
Agreed! Other than going to the MK on our first morning and trying to visit all the parks for a little bit in our first couple of days we don't really have any plans. We just do whatever we feel like doing!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #177
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm catching up again...but I have to say I once got a sony and took it back...same issue, they looked fine for the most part on the camera, but once I downloaded them they were HORRID. They told me it was a camera malfunction, but I didn't want to chance it again and stay away from sony now.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #178
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I'm back!!!!

And sad about it lol!

Anyways... We spent not even a full day at AK and part of that was out meal at Tusker house! We played it by ear this time, what parks to go to which days. The first week the parks weren't crowded at all, but the second week (mon-wed) was PACKED!!! We figured because of the holiday Monday it made everyone come. It shouldn't be too terribly bad for you though! Plus you'll have the party to get to ride rides too! :D

Don't stress the small stuff!!! If you have never worried about crowd calendars before, why bother now, right?
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #179
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, other than our first couple of days we don't really ever have a set plan. Sometimes it's nice to just do whatever you feel like rather than being tied to a specific plan. If I ever get to it on my TR wait until you hear about our last full day there...LOL.

Don't worry about the crowds! I'm sure you'll be fine. And same with the crowd calendars. I was talking to my dad about them because he'll look at them sometimes but we wouldn't let them dictate where/what we do every day. Atleast you are going to Disney World!

YAY DAK plans! Gotta love EE, Dinosaur, and the safari.
I'm trying not to have a set plan, but with Food and Wine and ADR's, it's hard! Someday I'll do an ADR-less trip and just go wherever I feel...although I'm guessing that will have to be a solo trip!

I'm not too worried about crowds, I was a little, but now I'm kind of like, if the crowds are are really that awful, we'll just hop to another park! Whatever! You're right, at least we'll be in Disney!

It's so funny that Dinosaur is on my must do list now, because a few years ago, we absolutely hated it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Even just reading about you changing your itinerary makes ME want to change my itinerary.

FOTLK is definitely a must do, especially after the rumors I read recently about them possibly getting rid of CMM for Avatar land and having no plans on where to move FOTLK. If they get rid of FOTLK, I don't know if we'd have a problem skipping AK on our trips until we have little ones.

We don't typically make it a priority to do the safari. It is on my wish list for this trip, though. But so is Nemo. Greg doesn't really remember it and I didn't enjoy it as much as I know I should've bc there was a crying baby sitting right next to us.

Dinosaur FREAKS me out. It's so loud! I just end up holding my ears and shutting my eyes the entire time. We ride it every once in a while.

Suggestion for planning: write down a list of everything that you'd like to accomplish (not worrying about categorizing it into parks, etc. at first). Then take a look and see what park requires the most time based on the number of attractions/experiences/good eats/etc. I find this really helps me to see what it is that I want to do.

DON'T STRESS SO MUCH!!!!
Dude, I'm totally changing it. I already have a plan in mind, and while it's weird, and it involves a lot of park hopping in the first few days, I don't care. Who needs sleep in Disney, I'll sleep when I get home!

I can't believe they'd consider getting rid of FOTLK! It's so popular! Well, I definitely need to see it again in case it does close, I love it!

I love the safari, so it's always a priority for us, but I can see how people might skip it once in a while, it is time consuming! I've never seen the Nemo show, I'd like to, but we never have time! And if we're doing FOTLK and the stupid bird show, I doubt we'll have time this trip either!

When I first went on Dinosaur, I didn't like it because the vehicle you sit in was so jerky, I hate that! So we avoided it for years. Then we went on it again last year and we actually liked it, so I don't mind going on it again, but ugh, I couldn't stand it for such a long time!

I will definitely do that, that's a great idea! Like I said, I think I have an idea of what to do for our plans now, but I definitely will make some lists and see which parks need the most time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, your AK day sounds great. I don't do EE anymore, but I'm with you on the Safari and seeing the giraffes. I would definitely do FOTLK...rumor has it that they might discontinue the show.
Thanks! I love the safari and the giraffes! I know, I can't believe they'd consider discontinuing FOTLK, it's so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I agree with you that it's more fun to be 'surprised' while reading the TR!

YAY ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!!

Um, excuse me... it's tough to be a bug seems to be missing from your must-do list.
Throughout the last few PTR's, I've gotten more and more vague with my plans, I used to share every single detail, and now I'm like "here's where I'm staying, here's where we're eating" and now I'm even omitting day to day plans! But you guys know me pretty well by now, you know I'll be in Epcot most of the time! And I'll be eating at Le Cellier more than once! I hope!

I'm afraid of ITTBAB! I don't like the idea of feeling bugs sting you through the seats...I'm terrified of bees, which is why I've never done it! Maybe...maybe I'll be brave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Totally redoing your itinerary? Say it isn't so?

I would expect nothing less.

Great pictures for all your AK highlights!
I know, it's insane. I have 24 days to go and my itinerary is still up in the air!

Thanks!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #180
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

I know, I have problems! I'd love to not have a plan, but I just can't with our ADR's and the Food and Wine festival! I mean, I suppose I could give it a try, there are times where we're supposed to go to a certain park and we end up somewhere else. It's basically while the Food and Wine festival is going on that we need some sort of plan, but after that, I'm fine with doing whatever! I really love waking up in the morning and being like "I want to go to DHS today" and then just GOING and not worrying about it! It's just too bad ADR's make you so tied down all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hahaha I can't wait to read the TR to see how the plans actually work out!
I feel the same about Ak, I do enjoy it but I never spend more than one day there. I pretty much like to do the same must-dos you have and then I'm good!
I know, I can't wait to go on this trip to see how the plans work out!

I'm going to try to do 2 AK days on this trip...not sure if it will work out, but I'm trying to figure out a way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I have enjoyed reading your PTR. It is so hard trying to fit in everything you want to get in. I love your Vera Bradley purse!! Looking forward to see the rest of your plans.
Thank you! Haha, yes, it is really hard trying to fit it all in, but that's all part of the fun of planning a Disney trip! Thank you, I've become a bit addicted to VB! I just bought a wallet a few days ago at an outlet store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I have pretty much the same going on for our Feb. trip. Our days just felt to choppy which lead to our resort change the first day. Now our adrs don't feel right, so pretty much all of them are on the chopping block (only kept 'Ohana, BOG and T-rex)

Caitlin has never been on Dinosaur, I'll have to add that to our list for AK.
It's a good thing you're planning this trip, because I don't think I could handle the stress of planning 2 at one time! As long as we go to 'Ohana and BOG I'm happy!

Dinosaur is fun, it's not the best ride in the world, but it's fun! I think Caitlin would like it! I really want her to try ToT again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Hey Jen! So glad you have chapter links on page one, so I can get caught up a lot more quickly!

When I was reading your comments on your MK day and dinner at Le Cellier, I was thinking about your May trip. That's funny!

I followed easywdw's park recommendation for our last trip. I think Josh is pretty much on target with his predictions. Try not to get too stressed out ---You've seen it all, and chances are, you'll be back again within the year. Enjoy it all!
Yay, glad you're caught up!

Yeah, when I thought about hopping from MK to Epcot, I kept remembering our May trip, but now I'm kind of like, this trip is twice as long, so maybe hopping wouldn't be the worst thing! And MK opens at 8 now instead of 9 so if we did 8 to like, 1:30 and hopped to Epcot for Le Cellier, it would probably be ok!

I really like easywdw! I can't do every recommended day, since I love EMH's, but I'm trying to do some! I want to see if it makes a difference, I've never really followed a crowd calendar before! I was getting stressed but now that it's getting closer, I'm finding I'm just excited about going and I don't really care about crowds or the schedule anymore, I just want to enjoy Disney and have fun!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: