Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #151
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Yay for a new camera! We always have camera drama because I really have no idea what I am doing when I am purchasing one. I think we have like 3 cameras lying around the house not being used. I use my iphone a lot to take photos.

I wonder what would happen if you let Brandon make all the ADRs and plans on one of your trips. I wonder if he would get really into it or just blow it off and say everything is under control and at the last minute his tries to cover his plans. - I am trying to talk Kyle into a short bounce back trip in early April. If it does happen, that will be a comando trip of whatever happens, happens.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #152
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

LOVE your new purchases!! How exciting!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #153
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That's crazy that fixing your camera would cost as much as getting a new one. That's ridiculous. Isn't that always the case though?

Nice camera!

I love the colors on your bag. I admit, I don't own any Vera Bradley, I'm not a huge fan, but the colors are beautiful.

Those are cute ears! Love it.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #154
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Ok we'll that explains what happened to your camera! The lumix takes good pics so I'm glad you went with that one again!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #155
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you like your new camera!

I LOVE YOUR VERA BRADLEY!!! Gah, I'm seriously obsessed with VB. I have so much yet not enough. It's a sickness! I'm sure you know all about that! BTW, Happy Late Birthday!!! When was it? Did you mention it and I just totally missed it or something? If so, I apologize! But I hope it was great!

LOVE those ears, I saw them on Disneystore.com but they made me sad because I can't go during Christmas this year. Haah oh well. The purple Halloween ones they have are so cute too! I bet you'll really enjoy wearing them!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #156
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for a new dust-free camera!!

I love your new Vera!!! So cute! And your Minnie ears are SO festive!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #157
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that you had a few LC ADR's!!!!
Seriously. I think you must be their best customers. Definitely worth a free dessert or something!

Quote:
Okay, my vote pretty much stays the same: keep the Friday and Wednesday ADR, and save MK until Sunday. I think it will be worth it in terms of crowds!
Me, too!

Wow - that is such a bummer about your camera. You must hate that you already had to buy a new one. But I do think that camera took great night shots. Seriously - if all you have to do is point and shoot to take those night shots, then its a keeper.

Can't see your Vera, but I'm sure its really cute.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #158
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

You have a serious problem with booking adrs for Le Cellier Although I happened to see a few pictures on the food thread the other day that had me considering booking it for our trip.

I want to try that holiday sandwich so bad. I wish you could bring one home with you but I don't think it would taste as good.

I don't have any VB stuff yet, but when I saw that pattern I wanted to get something. I don't know what to get though. I was thinking a backpack or tote, but now I don't want to have the same pattern as you. I have issues, I know.

I keep considering a DSLR but can't take the leap. One day.
pinkxray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #159
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ok, seriously I just saw those ears and said "Awwww!" out loud. I want them! Hahaha I just want a Christmas trip to wear them on. How adorable!
That's a nice little camera, I really like the Lumix line.
I also like your new bag, very nice!
I know, aren't they so cute? November might be a little early for Christmas ears, but whatever, MVMCP will be going on, and the Osborne Lights, so as far as I'm concerned, it's Christmas season in Disney!

I loved my Lumix last year, the only thing I wasn't crazy about were fireworks pictures, but I have so many now, that I don't even care if I get any good pictures of fireworks on this trip! I think I'd rather just enjoy the show, you know?

Thank you, I love that pattern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Yay for a new camera! We always have camera drama because I really have no idea what I am doing when I am purchasing one. I think we have like 3 cameras lying around the house not being used. I use my iphone a lot to take photos.

I wonder what would happen if you let Brandon make all the ADRs and plans on one of your trips. I wonder if he would get really into it or just blow it off and say everything is under control and at the last minute his tries to cover his plans. - I am trying to talk Kyle into a short bounce back trip in early April. If it does happen, that will be a comando trip of whatever happens, happens.
Haha, I don't really know how to buy a camera either, so I read 1000's of reviews! I try to teach myself about what things mean, but I don't really know too much. This camera got good reviews and I looked at sample pics and they were nice, so that was good enough for me!

OMG I don't know what would happen! We would probably be eating at Le Cellier and Cape May Cafe every other day! Maybe I'll try it sometime! Hope you get to go on your bounceback trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
LOVE your new purchases!! How exciting!
Thank you, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's crazy that fixing your camera would cost as much as getting a new one. That's ridiculous. Isn't that always the case though?

Nice camera!

I love the colors on your bag. I admit, I don't own any Vera Bradley, I'm not a huge fan, but the colors are beautiful.

Those are cute ears! Love it.
I know, isn't that ridiculous? But hey, I got a nice new camera out of it, so it's not the end of the world!

I wasn't a big fan of VB either, but I love it now! There are some patterns that are hideous though...like I see them and I think "ugh, who would buy that!"

Thanks, I love those ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Ok we'll that explains what happened to your camera! The lumix takes good pics so I'm glad you went with that one again!
Yeah, I really liked the first Lumix I had, and I was playing around with the new one, and it seems even better!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #160
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm glad you like your new camera!

I LOVE YOUR VERA BRADLEY!!! Gah, I'm seriously obsessed with VB. I have so much yet not enough. It's a sickness! I'm sure you know all about that! BTW, Happy Late Birthday!!! When was it? Did you mention it and I just totally missed it or something? If so, I apologize! But I hope it was great!

LOVE those ears, I saw them on Disneystore.com but they made me sad because I can't go during Christmas this year. Haah oh well. The purple Halloween ones they have are so cute too! I bet you'll really enjoy wearing them!
Thanks, me too! I hope I still like it when I'm in Disney!

Thank you! I love VB too, I don't have a lot of it though. 3 Hipsters, a make up case, and a case for my Kindle. I really want a carry on bag at some point, but they're so expensive! Oh, my birthday was September 6, I don't think I mentioned it, but thank you!

OMG I want the purple ears SO BAD!!!! Purple is my favorite color, so when I saw those, I freaked out! I didn't buy them right then and there though, and of course, a few days later, they were sold out! Hope they have them next year!

Quote:
Yay for a new dust-free camera!!

I love your new Vera!!! So cute! And your Minnie ears are SO festive!!!
Haha, yay! Hope it stays that way!

Thanks! I can't wait to wear my Minnie ears! Sometimes I get tempted to put them on at the airport, but I'm not sure how well that would go over with Brandon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Seriously. I think you must be their best customers. Definitely worth a free dessert or something!

Me, too!

Wow - that is such a bummer about your camera. You must hate that you already had to buy a new one. But I do think that camera took great night shots. Seriously - if all you have to do is point and shoot to take those night shots, then its a keeper.

Can't see your Vera, but I'm sure its really cute.
Haha, well, I'm not keeping all of those ADR's! Just 2! But yeah...we do go there a lot!

Yeah, I did hate buying a new one when I just bought one last year, but I'll take better care of this one and keep it in it's case when I'm not using it, and hopefully it will last for a while! I got it at Costco, so it was a lot cheaper than it should have been! I really need to learn what all of the manual settings mean, they're there, I feel like I should use them! One of the reasons I got a Lumix again was because it took decent night shots, I didn't want to be surprised at Disney and get terrible pictures at night if I got a Sony or Canon. The Canon I had a few years ago took terrible night shots.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
You have a serious problem with booking adrs for Le Cellier Although I happened to see a few pictures on the food thread the other day that had me considering booking it for our trip.

I want to try that holiday sandwich so bad. I wish you could bring one home with you but I don't think it would taste as good.

I don't have any VB stuff yet, but when I saw that pattern I wanted to get something. I don't know what to get though. I was thinking a backpack or tote, but now I don't want to have the same pattern as you. I have issues, I know.

I keep considering a DSLR but can't take the leap. One day.
Yes, I do have a problem with Le Cellier ADR's, I hoard them, I can't help it! And I keep checking every day to see if anything new opens too, but so far, nothing! You should just book an ADR there, just in case we decide we want to go there, it's so good!!!

OMG that holiday sandwich was better than our whole Thanksgiving meal last year! There's an Earl of Sandwich in New York, you know, maybe take a day trip there and get one! Bring Caitlin to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center and go to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular! And then get a holiday sandwich!

I almost got you a VB tote for your birthday, but I didn't know what pattern you would like. I went to the VB store in Farmington when they were having a huge sale, and ended up getting nothing! I don't care if you get the same pattern as me, it's a really nice pattern! I want one of the big duffel bags or the weekender someday, to use as a carry on bag. But they're so expensive!

Yeah, someday I'll get a DSLR. I'd definitely have to take a photography class if I ever did, though!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #161
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new camera, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #162
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Thats great you got a new camera. I am so bad at taking pics..its embarrassing lol
I would have no idea what to look for in a camera, so i cant wait to see how your pics come out!
Love the Mickey ears!!!
And the VB bag!!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #163
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congrats on the new camera, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag.
Thank you! And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Thats great you got a new camera. I am so bad at taking pics..its embarrassing lol
I would have no idea what to look for in a camera, so i cant wait to see how your pics come out!
Love the Mickey ears!!!
And the VB bag!!
Thanks! Haha I'm bad with pictures too, that's why I try to get a decent camera! Someday I'm going to buy a real camera and take a class, but for now, I just try to do the best I can!

Thanks! I can't wait to get my ears!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom

Hi everyone! Ok, I have a confession. I'm probably going to totally re-do my itinerary. Everything about it is annoying me. The Le Cellier situation, the fact that I don't have enough time at DHS or MK during the day...something has to be sacrificed but I'm not sure if I want it to be down time, a Le Cellier ADR, or Food and Wine time. But it just can't all fit. So I'm kind of going to do in a new direction with this PTR from now on. Since I have no idea what they my day to day plans are, I'm just going to continue my updates with each park, and the things I hope to accomplish in each one...and the things I want to eat or drink while we're there! I'll also do a separate Food and Wine update and Christmas party update! I think this way is better too, so that way when you read my TR after the trip, you're more surprised!

(I'm also starting to panic a little about the crowds. I mean, I knew the weekend would be busy, with Food and Wine, and the marathon and Veteran's Day, but now it seems like the whole week will be busy. So I'm not even sure if I should try to plan to avoid the crowds or do whatever I want on whatever day, and if the crowds are bad, just try to navigate through them. I've never been that much of a fan of crowd calendars and recommended park days before, so why start now, right? )

I figured I'd start with Animal Kingdom, because, well, the list is short and we only spend a day there. Not that I don't like AK, I do, I like it more and more with each trip, but we don't really need multiple days there. Although it would be fun to go there twice in one trip...but I can't even think about that now, with the mess that my itinerary already is! If I wanted to find more AK time, I think my head would explode!

Animal Kingdom Must Do's!

Expedition Everest-one of my favorite rides in all of Disney!

Dinosaur! I wouldn't really call it a favorite, but it's fun!

Kilimanjaro Safari-I have to see my giraffes! And hopefully a male and female lion!

We have to see the Festival of the Lion King, and I'm guessing Brandon will want to do his beloved Flights of Wonder . I'd like to explore both of the walking trails if we have time, and maybe meet some characters.

As for eating...there's really only one thing in this park that I HAVE to eat while I'm there...the Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel!

And for once, I'd like to stop at Dawa Bar and get a drink there, maybe a Lost on Safari or something...I've wanted to go there on every trip, but we never make it, so I'm hoping this time we will!

That's pretty much it for the things I have to do at Animal Kingdom. I'd like to ride EE more than once, and if I ever get my ADR situation straightened out, I'd love to add a Yak and Yeti ADR, but other than that, our AK days are always pretty loose. The only thing I find difficult about AK is the timing of the shows, if you want to see more than one show, it can be a little hard to plan, but hopefully we'll have enough time that we can do more than one!

Up next...DHS must do's!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #165
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, other than our first couple of days we don't really ever have a set plan. Sometimes it's nice to just do whatever you feel like rather than being tied to a specific plan. If I ever get to it on my TR wait until you hear about our last full day there...LOL.

Don't worry about the crowds! I'm sure you'll be fine. And same with the crowd calendars. I was talking to my dad about them because he'll look at them sometimes but we wouldn't let them dictate where/what we do every day. Atleast you are going to Disney World!

YAY DAK plans! Gotta love EE, Dinosaur, and the safari.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: