Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
We usually prepurchase the pp when we are going with family members and all split on it.

Can someone confirm the current pricing for prepurchasing the photo pass and the photo pass plus?

The pre-order price for Photopass is $119.95. Photopass Plus is $169.95.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
Lampoon2012
Earning My Ears

How do you pre-purchase the photo pass +? We are going for the first time in April as a group of 11, and I think this will be perfect for us. I went to the photo pass site but I couldn't find anything, just how to purchase prints and products. If someone could link me to it that would be awesome.

Lampoon2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #18
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Here's the link:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
Lampoon2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney
Thanks!

Lampoon2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon2012 View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
mum808
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You're welcome!
My daughter and I are going for the first time in dec, it's just the two of us so I'm never in any photos, does the photopass+ mean we also get photos from certain rides and can print packages at no additional cost? We get to keep all the pic they take of us?- first time on here as well so sorry if I posted wrong
mum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum808 View Post
My daughter and I are going for the first time in dec, it's just the two of us so I'm never in any photos, does the photopass+ mean we also get photos from certain rides and can print packages at no additional cost? We get to keep all the pic they take of us?- first time on here as well so sorry if I posted wrong
You will not get the actual prints of the rides but you will get the digital copy that can be added to your CD. The amount of digital ride photos is unlimited. If you eat at any of the restaurants below, you'll get the print package along with a digital copy of those pictures. Once you log onto Disney's Photopass website, you could edit any of the pictures, add borders, copy in various print sizes, etc. Once you make all your edits, you then order the CD. It's better to wait until you get home to view your pictures since you have 30 days to order your CD once you log your photopass number in, unless you pay extra to extend that time. Once you have the CD, you may print your pictures on your own printer or at any place that prints pictures such as Walmart, Walgreens, Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. Below is more information I found at wdwnewstoday.com

Participating Attractions:

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Participating Character Dining Locations:

1900 Park Fare
Ohana (Breakfast only)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey’s
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast only)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:

PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Print Packages at select Dining locations
Digital Downloads of select Attractions

Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
mum808
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You will not get the actual prints of the rides but you will get the digital copy that can be added to your CD. The amount of digital ride photos is unlimited. If you eat at any of the restaurants below, you'll get the print package along with a digital copy of those pictures. Once you log onto Disney's Photopass website, you could edit any of the pictures, add borders, copy in various print sizes, etc. Once you make all your edits, you then order the CD. It's better to wait until you get home to view your pictures since you have 30 days to order your CD once you log your photopass number in, unless you pay extra to extend that time. Once you have the CD, you may print your pictures on your own printer or at any place that prints pictures such as Walmart, Walgreens, Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. Below is more information I found at wdwnewstoday.com

Participating Attractions:

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Participating Character Dining Locations:

1900 Park Fare
Ohana (Breakfast only)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey’s
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast only)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:

PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Print Packages at select Dining locations
Digital Downloads of select Attractions
Oh ok! Great, thanks so much!!
mum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #24
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum808 View Post
Oh ok! Great, thanks so much!!
No problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #25
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Thank you for everyone who responded, I have decided to go with the Photopass.

But have another question, Do you think I should do the Photopass +?

I read the earlier post about the participating restaurants.

I have the following from that list
Ohana breakfast
Tusker House but lunch ;(
Storybook dinning
Cinderella Table

Now the storybook and CTR both includes pictures anyways!

Also would like (don't have to have) a few ride pictures if downloading them to the pass doesn't take too long...

What do you think? Is the plus worth it or were you just as happy with the regular Photopass?
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
lucifie
DIS Veteran

This will be our first trip as a family and I already ordered Photopass + when I go to amusement parks I rarely buy the ride pictures because they're around $15 apiece. That means 12 ride pictures would cost more than the Photopass + CD. That sounds like a lot, but we're a family of 6 so to get all of us on a ride picture it would probably take at least two shots. That's not even considering all the regular Photopass pictures. The preorder for the PP+ is $50 more than the preorder of regular PP, so that's really only 4 ride pictures to come out ahead. I'm a photo junkie and I had planned on preordering PP before I ever heard of PP+. It didn't take long for me to decide I wanted PP+
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

Ohana breakfast
Storybook dinning
Cinderella Table

Also would like (don't have to have) a few ride pictures if downloading them to the pass doesn't take too long...

What do you think? Is the plus worth it or were you just as happy with the regular Photopass?

I guess you need to consider if it's worth the extra $50 to get the two additional print packages as well as the digital ride pictures added. Consider the fact that it would cost about $32 for each print package, $64 for both of them and $15 for each ride picture. However, if you don't think that you would have considered purchasing those other two print packages nor the ride pictures then it might not be worth it to you.

I was going back and forth with it myself and decided at just about the 14 day mark to go ahead and order it. We have a lot of character meal ADRs, 4 of them that will include the print packages so for us I feel it's well worth it.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

Subbing
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

I don't know about Photopass+ (it's currently sitting in my backpack waiting for our next trip), but I would not go without Photopass. It is one of my two souvenirs every trip (the other being a Christmas ornament from DTD). We stop at nearly every photographer in every park and really get our money's worth. Stopping a stranger (aka someone who is trying to enjoy their own vacation) and asking them to take a picture or two every time you want a family picture seems exhausting.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #30
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

Ohana breakfast
Storybook dinning
Cinderella Table

On the photopass site it doesn't designate Tusker as breakfast only, so we should get the photo package. 'Ohana is the only one that states breakfast only.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: