Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should MK serve alcohol to the general public?
Nope: Keep MK a family place as Walt wanted it. 76 39.38%
Yes: Alcohol is fine at MK, even if folks over indulge. 43 22.28%
Who Cares: Let folks drink as little or as much as they want. 74 38.34%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

I have to remind everyone that Rusty Scupper has provided a lot of kind and valuable posts. It is obvious that this new rule makes him sad. Even though I disagree I admire you and respect your point of view.

║O║ WDW every year since 1971 ║O║
Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
JimmyV
Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats Dragon View Post
I have to remind everyone that Rusty Scupper has provided a lot of kind and valuable posts. It is obvious that this new rule makes him sad. Even though I disagree I admire you and respect your point of view.
One can be critical of the poll without being critical of the poster. I think that is what people have been doing here. I don't see any personal attacks. Rusty's valued contributions to this board cannot escape the view of even the most casual and infrequent visitor.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Very skewed poll. Bascially it seems you're asking do you want drunk people everywhere or no drinking. Please!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

I voted to keep it Walt's way, but my main thought is that I wished the the polls did influence Disney.. but I know they don't.

I'm also starting to accept the fact that my opinion, anymore, is outdated and trying very hard to get past the point of being disappointed with that.

I'll live with it because Disney will always be special...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #20
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I was thinking the same thing. These choices are worded in a way that almost forces me to say "No" (out of the sheer ridiculousness of the other two options), when I'm actually fine with the change.
Not voting don't like how it is worded either but my Op is I don't mind a drink being served in a TS enviroment, noone should be leaving sloshed...Maybe I could, light drinker here lol.. and as long as it cannot be carried thru out the park or bought anywhere else In MK and hopefully never will, I do not have a problem with it. But seriously, who's to say what Walt would have done in 2012!!

I
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #21
rainynight
Mouseketeer

I don't claim to know what Walt would or would not approve of, but I personally do not like it. I don't consume any alcohol though. I find it sad and pathetic how people can't "have a good time" without their booze.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by safroim View Post
Or how about how disturbing it is that everyone is so up in arms about this. We have a serious obesity and diabeties epidemic in our country and the biggest problem with WDW is alcohol? Get a grip. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, do it because at every turn you're pressured to overindulge in processed, chemical-laden garbage; vats of soda, freakishly huge turkey legs full of growth hormones and nitrates, all-you-can-eat buffets at every turn. But yeah, lets freak because someone wants to enjoy wine or beer with their dinner. Frightening.
Obesity is a huge problem, no doubt about it, but an obese person is only physically harming themselves. Thousands of people die every year due to alcohol, many of those completely innocent people who were involved in accidents due to drunk drivers or innocent kids beaten to death by drunk parents.

Why do people defend something that isn't worth defending? Alcohol has claimed many innocent lives and yet people will go to their graves (or send someone else to theirs) defending it. I will take an obese person shoving jumbo turkey legs in their mouth over someone who needs alcohol to "have a good time" anyday.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #23
amylock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight View Post
Obesity is a huge problem, no doubt about it, but an obese person is only physically harming themselves. Thousands of people die every year due to alcohol, many of those completely innocent people who were involved in accidents due to drunk drivers or innocent kids beaten to death by drunk parents.

Why do people defend something that isn't worth defending? Alcohol has claimed many innocent lives and yet people will go to their graves (or send someone else to theirs) defending it. I will take an obese person shoving jumbo turkey legs in their mouth over someone who needs alcohol to "have a good time" anyday.
This is sooooo judgmental. Most of us in favor ENJOY a glass of wine with dinner - certain wines complement certain foods. That doesn't mean someone NEEDS alcohol to have a good time.

We are trying to get a reservation for our December trip now - but no luck!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Who says these people "need" alcohol to have a good time? Maybe alcohol is simply something they associate with a nice meal. You know - a good glass of wine can bring out certain flavors of a dish, and vice versa.

People drink responsibly every single day. I'm not even old enough to drink in this country yet, but if there's anywhere I would feel okay about drinking, it's WDW. What could be better than having a drink or two, and then not having the pressure of driving back to your hotel?

And as mentioned elsewhere, there are more than enough rude adults who have meltdowns and embarrass themselves daily in MK...all while sober. Trust me - someone enjoying a glass of Chardonnay or some beer with their Mussels Provenšal isn't the problem here.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:

Actually chronic obesity can cause mood imbalances and mental illness. http://thechronicleherald.ca/world/1...s-often-linked

That can't be fun for the innocent kids, either.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Who says these people "need" alcohol to have a good time? Maybe alcohol is simply something they associate with a nice meal. You know - a good glass of wine can bring out certain flavors of a dish, and vice versa.

People drink responsibly every single day. I'm not even old enough to drink in this country yet, but if there's anywhere I would feel okay about drinking, it's WDW. What could be better than having a drink or two, and then not having the pressure of driving back to your hotel?

And as mentioned elsewhere, there are more than enough rude adults who have meltdowns and embarrass themselves daily in MK...all while sober. Trust me - someone enjoying a glass of Chardonnay or some beer with their Mussels Provenšal isn't the problem here.
Oxymoron. There is no such thing as drinking responsibly. Consuming anything that alters your mental state is irresponsible.

No one really sets out to drink and drive and kill someone...but it happens ALL the time. No one sets out to become an alcoholic, yet again...happens ALL the time. Have you ever needlessly lost someone you love due to being hit head on by a drunk driver, a young man who just wanted to "have some fun" with his friends and who walked away with a few bruises while your loved one died?

I don't care what someone's reason is for drinking. The moment you take a sip of alcohol, you are acting irresponsibly. I guess I'm lucky enough to enjoy myself and my life enough to not need alcohol as a crutch.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Actually chronic obesity can cause mood imbalances and mental illness. http://thechronicleherald.ca/world/1...s-often-linked

That can't be fun for the innocent kids, either.
Oh please. A cranky, depressed obese person is no match for a mad drunk.

I'm not defending obesity, in fact I find any addiction very sad, but to compare the two is just silly.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
amylock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oxymoron. There is no such thing as drinking responsibly. Consuming anything that alters your mental state is irresponsible.

No one really sets out to drink and drive and kill someone...but it happens ALL the time. No one sets out to become an alcoholic, yet again...happens ALL the time. Have you ever needlessly lost someone you love due to being hit head on by a drunk driver, a young man who just wanted to "have some fun" with his friends and who walked away with a few bruises while your loved one died?

I don't care what someone's reason is for drinking. The moment you take a sip of alcohol, you are acting irresponsibly. I guess I'm lucky enough to enjoy myself and my life enough to not need alcohol as a crutch.
That is your personal OPINION. Seriously, you are offensive at this point. If you have a problem with it, don't drink or don't go to Disney (or anywhere else alcohol is served for that matter).
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
fly girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK, obviously you have had a terrible incident involving alcohol and for that I am sorry. I wish that on no one.

However...

To lump all others who have an adult beverage as irresponsible people who are drunks is out of line.

Wanting to enjoy a beer or glass of wine at dinner is in no way a crutch -- it is just enjoying a nice drink during a meal.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
fly girl
DIS Veteran

And FWIW, I agree with PP's. This poll is terribly skewed. The wording is not in line with most of us who are happy about alcohol being served in the MK.

Over indulging is not the main goal of the majority who want an adult beverage at dinner.

When did having a beer or a glass of wine constitute over-indulgence or alcoholism? Geesh! I don't get that line of reasoning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: