Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should MK serve alcohol to the general public?
Nope: Keep MK a family place as Walt wanted it. 76 39.38%
Yes: Alcohol is fine at MK, even if folks over indulge. 43 22.28%
Who Cares: Let folks drink as little or as much as they want. 74 38.34%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
TheRustyScupper
Seeing isn't Believing. Believing is Seeing.

Booze in Magic Kingdom Poll

Now that Be Our Guest will be offering beer and wine, do you think that this goes against Walt's ideals and should be allowed?

(Yes, they have alcohol at Club 33 at Disneyland, but that is a private club and not open to the public. Plus, the folks at Club 33 tend not to be people who would abuse drinking.)
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

I am excited to be able to have a nice dinner and wine. Now that my kids are grown we can meet Walt's dream of doing something we all enjoy and it is special. I don't think he would mind at all. I would check the second box but don't think anyone approves of overindulging in alcohol. We plan on having a modest glass of wine with our meal.

ºOº WDW every year since 1971 ºOº

Last edited by Pats Dragon; 09-14-2012 at 03:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
RCharnay
DIS Veteran

Ridiculous questions. The choices are don't drink or I like to be around drunks? Give me a break.
2008 - Nov - Hilton Head
2008 - December/Jan - OKW
2010-Jan-VWL
2011-Jan-OKW/BWV
2011-Mar-AK SV
2012-Mar-OKW
2012-Dec-OKW
Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCharnay View Post
Ridiculous questions. The choices are don't drink or I like to be around drunks? Give me a break.
I was thinking the same thing. These choices are worded in a way that almost forces me to say "No" (out of the sheer ridiculousness of the other two options), when I'm actually fine with the change.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Do I think Walt would want it? No, I always liked the fact that MK was dry/ However, I don't think (I hope?) people will abuse this location having beer & wine only, it is for a nice sit down meal after 4PM. I have a 7yr old daughter , I do not drink anymore - I gave it up 14 years ago & my wife likes to have a glass of wine or 2 with dinner - sometimes. I think it will be OK, I repeat, I truly don't think people will be sitting at the table slamming down wine & beer then running amuck around the MK. They could do that now after having dinner and or drinks elsewhere then head over to the MK.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I'm not voting unless there is a "Yes" option that reads more like: "Yes. Rules will be in place to prevent things from getting out of hand"; or "Yes. Beer and wine with dinner available only to people with ADRs is nothing like Drinking Around The World at Epcot". The current "Yes" (and "Who Cares") options are jaded, cynical and not at all in line with what the majority of people here who want to vote "Yes" think or believe.

And the "No" option implies that a MK with beer and wine at dinner cannot, by definition, be a "family place". That is insulting to families all over the world, (and in this country too) who live happy, healthy, family lifestyles that incorporate reasonable, responsible alcohol usage.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly. I was going to vote...but given the choices...I don't think so.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

I didn't vote. My answer would have been, "Yes. A glass of wine or a beer with dinner is perfectly acceptable."

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
gcage
Ready for a Grey Goose slushie

Quote:
Exactly! This person obviously has a problem with it.

My vote would have been:

"Yes, it's okay for adults to have a glass of wine at an expensive French restaurant."

And this caveat of Club 33 being private? What difference does that make? So, it's ok if you are rich and know someone? They are still in the park. Ridiculous!

In addition, Walt might have evolved his stance in the last 50 years had he been around. These people that seem to "know" what Walt would do in 2012 are delusional.

1979 Golf Resort, 1984 Fort Wilderness, 1988 Contemporary, 1996 All Star Music, 2002 Offsite, 2004 Wyndam DTD, 2005 Double Tree DTD, 2007 POR, 2009 All Star Sports, 2010 Coronado Springs, 2011 Polynesian, 2012 DTD Hilton
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Where's the moderate option? Why are the only choices "even if folks overindulge" and "drink as much as they like"?

I want a real option 3: "I'm okay with alcohol being served at the Magic Kingdom as long as it's in line with the policies already in place in Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom."

Or: "I'm fine with alcohol in the Magic Kingdom as long as it's only available at Table Service restaurants, with a 2 drink limit."

Or even: "As long as it's ONLY at BOG, I'm happy."

Basically this is a badly written poll, in my opinion.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Give me a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Now that Be Our Guest will be offering beer and wine, do you think that this goes against Walt's ideals and should be allowed?

(Yes, they have alcohol at Club 33 at Disneyland, but that is a private club and not open to the public. Plus, the folks at Club 33 tend not to be people who would abuse drinking.)
You can't be serious
Old 09-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Soooooo, MK will no longer be a "family place" if adults can have wine with dinner?
The questions are waaaaay too biased.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Give me a break

You can't be serious
Wow, I completely missed that. From my experience at WDW, some of the most vicious, obnoxious drunkards I've ever seen were paying top dollar to stay in the suites at Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. Money can't buy class (even though it certainly leads to classism).
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

What is the difference is someone goes to Be Our Guest and has a drink or goes to the Poly or Contemporary to get hammered and go to MK?

Do you people never go to Epcot?

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
safroim
Earning My Ears

Or how about how disturbing it is that everyone is so up in arms about this. We have a serious obesity and diabeties epidemic in our country and the biggest problem with WDW is alcohol? Get a grip. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, do it because at every turn you're pressured to overindulge in processed, chemical-laden garbage; vats of soda, freakishly huge turkey legs full of growth hormones and nitrates, all-you-can-eat buffets at every turn. But yeah, lets freak because someone wants to enjoy wine or beer with their dinner. Frightening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: