Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
ann0d1
Earning My Ears

Recomendation for a cabin loop/spot

Anyone have a favorite spot for the cabins? I would love to hear about it. Last time we were located near the small pool/laundry which was very nice, but this time we don't need to be near the laundry since we are renting a golf cart. So any great spots?

I was thinking Bobcat bend facing the 2000 loop, any opinions?

Thanks
ann0d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

We ask for any loop at the back away from road noise. Choose what you like and don't like and request that. Basically all cabin loops are created equal.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
pooh4me
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in 2100 Bobcat bend a few times and liked it but it can be really loud if the tent sites are full. 2700 and 2800 are the most shaded and quiet in the back. I do agree that all loops are good providing you don't back up to bus stop or road, the buses run until 2:00am. We love the cabins and wouldn't stay any place else. Have a great trip.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Donna PA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4me View Post
We have stayed in 2100 Bobcat bend a few times and liked it but it can be really loud if the tent sites are full. 2700 and 2800 are the most shaded and quiet in the back. I do agree that all loops are good providing you don't back up to bus stop or road, the buses run until 2:00am. We love the cabins and wouldn't stay any place else. Have a great trip.
Thank you, I am changing it to Shawnee loop I think.

I'm surprised I didn't get more responses
Donna PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Gaston77
Earning My Ears

we are staying in the cabins too for the first time in April cant wait havent been back to fort wilderness since i was a little boy with my dad i think i was maybe 13 now 35 lol but i want my 2 little girls to experiance it they love camping so i know they will like it i wonder how different it will be since i was last there lol we have stayed at the resorts how do the cabins compare to a reg hotel room?
Gaston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
2goofycampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston77 View Post
how do the cabins compare to a reg hotel room?
Bigger, quieter, and a whole relaxed vibe compared to hotels. In a hotel resort all we do is sleep there. At the Fort we take time to enjoy the whole campground.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
Bigger, quieter, and a whole relaxed vibe compared to hotels. In a hotel resort all we do is sleep there. At the Fort we take time to enjoy the whole campground.
absolutely
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
AuntBJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we are staying in the cabins too for the first time in April cant wait havent been back to fort wilderness since i was a little boy with my dad i think i was maybe 13 now 35 lol but i want my 2 little girls to experiance it they love camping so i know they will like it i wonder how different it will be since i was last there lol we have stayed at the resorts how do the cabins compare to a reg hotel room?
I think the cabins feel more like home than a regular resort room. That is, if your home has full maid service! I like that if you drive, you park right outside your door. You can cook if you wish. You can grill on your very own deck. I definitely love the space you get, especially the separate bedroom. Your girls can even do some decorating outside if they'd like to.

Are you going to rent a golf cart? They would probably love that.

As stated above, all the cabin loops are pretty much the same, especially if you have a golf cart. When making a request, just let them know what you would like i.e. closer to quiet pool, close to or away from the bus stop, id you want secluded or there to be other people around.

We were there in April and it looked like there were whole loops that seemed empty. Personally, I would not like to be the only one in a loop but for others it might be great.

Off site - 5/85, 1/98, 2/00ASMU - 3/02, 5/02(twice), 10/03, 12/06Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 2/03POFQ -2/03 & 12/04Camping @ FW - 11/04 & 6/08POP 11/07
AuntBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
ann0d1
Earning My Ears

Definetely need a golf cart! We went at Christmas and it was so much riding around looknig at the decorations, this year we are going at Halloween and looking forward to that. I am going to decorate the cabin and the golf cart!
ann0d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
AuntBJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann0d1 View Post
Definetely need a golf cart! We went at Christmas and it was so much riding around looknig at the decorations, this year we are going at Halloween and looking forward to that. I am going to decorate the cabin and the golf cart!
Look forward to see it. You will have to post your cabin # so we can check it out.

I agree about the golf cart. While I know it is possible to have a great trip without one, I would really miss the looping.

Off site - 5/85, 1/98, 2/00ASMU - 3/02, 5/02(twice), 10/03, 12/06Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 2/03POFQ -2/03 & 12/04Camping @ FW - 11/04 & 6/08POP 11/07
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Gaston77
Earning My Ears

Yeah we are deffintly getting a golf cart put im just wondering if we are going to have enough room to fit we have a party of 6 i know the girls can sit on my wifes and mother in laws lap but do you think there is any room for a stroller to take to the parks and does anyone know if they rent 6 person carts or just 5?
Gaston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
Donna PA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah we are deffintly getting a golf cart put im just wondering if we are going to have enough room to fit we have a party of 6 i know the girls can sit on my wifes and mother in laws lap but do you think there is any room for a stroller to take to the parks and does anyone know if they rent 6 person carts or just 5?
I think Kenny's has golf carts you can rent from him that hold 6
Donna PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
2goofycampers

The Fort has 6 person golf carts (call ahead) and so does Kenny. A rule of the fort every butt has to be in a seat, no lap riding. If they are small enough to sit in the middle you're OK.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
AuntBJ
DIS Veteran

If you are going in a busy time like April and need a 6 seater, you should probably call now and reserve it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
cara76
DIS Veteran

How much are Golf cart rentals? We are thinking about the cabins for our trip in December. We normally stay at one of the value resorts but need room for 5 people comfortably.

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
cara76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: