Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Cobb Salad as an entree at HBD?

On the current menu (lunch and dinner) for Hollywood Brown Derby, it only has the cobb salad listed as an appetizer.

I will be going there for the first time for lunch in December on the DDP. I really want to be able to get another appetizer and get the cobb salad as my entree. Has anyone done this recently, or know if this is offered?

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Dh and I have actually ordered an appetizer and ordered the Cobb Salad to split. Not a problem. I am not a big eater (dh is) and it's plenty for us.
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I don't know the answer to your question (it's okay if you pay OOP; I don't know if it's okay using DDP credits), but I wanted to suggest paying for the Cobb salad OOP and using your credits elsewhere. It just doesn't seem like an economical use of 2 credits to get a $15 dish.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Quote:
Dh and I have actually ordered an appetizer and ordered the Cobb Salad to split. Not a problem. I am not a big eater (dh is) and it's plenty for us.
Awesome to hear! Thank you!

Quote:
I don't know the answer to your question (it's okay if you pay OOP; I don't know if it's okay using DDP credits), but I wanted to suggest paying for the Cobb salad OOP and using your credits elsewhere. It just doesn't seem like an economical use of 2 credits to get a $15 dish.

I'm a vegetarian (I plan on trying the cobb sans meat), so i'm guilty of always getting the cheapest menu item, anyways.

Since it's for lunch and I don't want to be wheeled out of there, i'm okay with the loss in credits. My boyfriend will eat his weight in steak to make up for it, i'm sure :P Thanks for the tip!

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivnMeUpTheWall-E View Post
I'm a vegetarian (I plan on trying the cobb sans meat), so i'm guilty of always getting the cheapest menu item, anyways.

Since it's for lunch and I don't want to be wheeled out of there, i'm okay with the loss in credits. My boyfriend will eat his weight in steak to make up for it, i'm sure :P Thanks for the tip!
Just wanted to throw it out there! Whenever we've used the DDP, I try to squeeze the maximum value out of every credit. Since you're a vegetarian, you have your work cut out for you in that regard.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
k-wa
Mouseketeer

I am not a vegetarian, but I often choose the Noodle Bowl when we eat at Brown Derby. It is a really delicious, well balanced dish. The Cobb Salad is tasty but I think the Noodle Bowl is fabulous:

Noodle Bowl - with Wok-fried Coconut Tofu, Soy Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Bok Choy, and Shiitake Mushrooms in a Red Curry Broth $28.00
Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

My sister and I order the Cobb salad and share it for our meal. It's huge, and enough for us, with the good bread and butter that's provided. (we're not on the Dining Plan)
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I have not been to the HBD, but at other restaurants you are NOT allowed to substitute an appetizer for your entree while on the DDP. For sure you can if you are paying OOP.
To the PPs who reported they did this, were you on the dining plan or were y ou paying out of pocket?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: