Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Erhmahgerd, another Herneymern TR! A September 2012 TR! Update 11/18 x2!!!

Hi everyone!! Welcome to my very first trip report! I’ve been a bit of a lurker on the boards since January; commenting here and there on TRs but following a ton of them. I am finally coming out of my shell and making my first attempt to write my own!

My husband and I have been to Disney World about 7 times together (several times separately when younger) before I discovered the wonder that is Disboards. When doing some research for planning a wonderful Disneymoon around January, I came across Disboards in a Google search…I immediately fell in love. A whole board of people that OBSESS over Disney as much as I do?!? Amazing. We get a lot of grief from people about how ridiculous our obsession with Disney World is. We always just shrug our shoulders and tell them, “it’s just our happy place.” This board proved me wrong into thinking I might be taking it overboard. I am so excited to get to know you all as I write this and share our amazing Disneymoon!!! I’m looking forward to reliving this trip!

Introductions:

Me (Erika) and Robert:

We have been together for 7 years before we got married. We got engaged 24 months ago; when the planning for this Disneymoon began. Yes, I planned this trip for about 2 years. We got married on September 1. It was an amazing day, and I would love to relive it again and again. We are so happy to FINALLY be married!!

Robert and I are 20-somethings from NY that work hard each day to fund our Disney obsession. I am a Registered Nurse and he works for a payroll company in Marketing. We both love what we do. Each time we come home from a trip, we just countdown to the next time we are going back!

This trip was 8-nights/9-days. We spent the first 7 nights at the Grand Floridian. Boy, we were dumped on with pixie dust there, but I will get to that later! A few months before, we decided to add on an extra night, but we didn’t really want to spend the money for another night at the Grand, so we headed over to Wilderness Lodge for our last night. I can’t complain, both were great! This was the first time we ever said at a Deluxe resort. Usually, when we go together, we have only stayed at Values. Robert has stayed at Moderate resorts when he was younger, but neither of us had ever experienced a Deluxe resort. So, this trip a bit of a splurge for us. But, hey, we figured we only Honeymoon once!

This trip took place September 2 - September 10, and we were definitely warned about leaving the day after our wedding. We left our hotel at 5:30 am the day after our wedding. I think this was the biggest mistake, because we did not realize how much a wedding takes out of you! We wanted to maximize our time the most as possible. We were pretty pooped out this trip, but it was nice and relaxing for sure!

Stay tuned for our first (EXHAUSTING) day!

Last edited by Dreamsdocometrue9112; 11-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the wedding. I hope you have many many happy years together. Can't wait to read about the trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I can't wait to read more about your Disneymoon! It's always been my dream to Disneymoon at the GF... but I guess I better find the right prince Charming first!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!! My BF just told me that we can have a Disneymoon when we get married!

It is very easy to lurk on the DIS. I am a lurker too. Well I am all in for following your TR AND commenting on it too! It is no fun talking to yourself! LOL! Come join me on my TR. It is in my sig. I can't wait to read more!

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Disney Trips: 1996 Music/ 1997 Sports/ 1998 Sports/
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Congrats on the wedding. I hope you have many many happy years together. Can't wait to read about the trip.
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Congratulations! I can't wait to read more about your Disneymoon! It's always been my dream to Disneymoon at the GF... but I guess I better find the right prince Charming first!
It was a dream come true for sure! We had always joked around about staying at the GF for our honeymoon long before we got engaged, but never thought we'd manage it! Little did we know it came true!

Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniyah View Post
Congratulations!! My BF just told me that we can have a Disneymoon when we get married!

It is very easy to lurk on the DIS. I am a lurker too. Well I am all in for following your TR AND commenting on it too! It is no fun talking to yourself! LOL! Come join me on my TR. It is in my sig. I can't wait to read more!
I definitely will! Thanks for joining!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
rnbuda
Earning My Ears

Tell them more about the pixie dust, wifey!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Dreamsdocometrue9112

Arriving at Disney World!!

Day 1: Arriving at Disney World!

We went to bed the night before around 1 am. We didn’t sleep much before our alarms went off at 5 am. We had gathered our things together at the hotel where we had our wedding the night before quickly, so we just had to get dressed and throw our last minute things in the suitcases. We went to each of our parent’s rooms and bid farewell for the next 9 days!! We were ecstatic, but we still had a long hour to drive to get to the airport. We talked about the wedding and how much fun we had. We finally arrived at the airport, checked-in, grabbed some breakfast and had a pretty uneventful flight. Luckily it was a direct flight! We almost never get that option where we are from, so we got extra lucky!

We landed in Orlando around 1020, which was about 20 minutes before scheduled! Score!! We pranced our way over to grab our luggage and go to ME check-in. We were so excited, but so tired at this point! We ended up getting a pretty icky seat on the ME, so I didn’t get a picture of the welcome sign…boo . In fact, as pathetic as it is, we were almost falling sleep on the bus. WHAT?! I know, it’s really a sad thing to think about AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE IN DISNEY WORLD! After several stops, we finally got to the Grand Floridian!! YAY! We walked off the bus and a Cast Member immediately greeted us! Wow, we had never gotten this kind of treatment before! The bellhop got our luggage off the bus and the CM walked us to our room. We had originally booked a Club-level standard room in the outer building. We were super excited about this. As we were walking to our room, I noticed we weren’t leaving the main building. The CM could tell I had a puzzled look on my face, and informed us that we had been upgraded to a Honeymoon suite club-level in the MAIN BUILDING! ARE…YOU..SERIOUS?! My jawed dropped and almost began crying. Robert was in just as much shock.

We were finally taken to our room, the CM opened the door, and I began tearing up. It was PERFECT!

(Sorry, I was in such shock I forgot to take pictures before throwing our luggage down, so these were taken the next day)

The CM told us to take a look at our view…O.M.G. I believe I was crying by this point!

It was a dream come true! After the CM chatted with us about information and details and the bellhop dropped off our luggage, we just stood there and took it all in. It was breath-taking and more than we could have ever imagined!

We were both starving at this point and I was ready for some Disney food!! So, we headed down to Gasparillas for some lunch. I’m sorry – I forgot pictures of our lunches!! But, it was delicious. Robert had the Italian sandwich and I had the black-diamond cheddar cheeseburger with peppered bacon…YUMMMM! 10/10 for sure!

We took a walk around the resort and took a few pictures

We headed back to our room to rest up before going into MK for EMH until 2 am. We had a dinner reservation at 7:15 pm, so we made the agreement to rest up a bit until dinner then head over to MK. When we got back to our room, I opened the door to a beautiful bouquet from the Disney florists!!

It was perfect!! Of course it was from Robert! It came with a note as well

I had an appointment at the Ivy Trellis Salon at 2 pm for a haircut. I had been growing my hair for the wedding for 2.5 years and I was ready to cut it!!! The woman who cut it did a decent job, not quite at the length I wanted it at (I wanted a bit shorter with more style), but that’s ok, it did the job for the week! The stylist was also a bit moody. Don’t get me wrong, she wasn’t rude, but didn’t have the enthusiasm as many of the CMs have at Disney. It was fine, though!

Afterwards, I headed back to the room and Robert was sleeping like a rock. I crawled into bed and slept as well. We both slept until 6:30 before our dinner reservations!

Up Next: Dinner and a (short) night at MK!
[/COLOR]

Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Congrats on the wedding. great upgrade.

We always take early flights especially form JFK being it gets backed up very quickly.

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Wow you really lucked out on that upgrade! Your room was beautiful. I have think I would have been a big bag of tears myself! Did you guys do the dining plan??

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Dreamsdocometrue9112

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
Congrats on the wedding. great upgrade.

We always take early flights especially form JFK being it gets backed up very quickly.

Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you! And thanks for reading along! Yeah, we're big on early flights getting in, and late flights going home!

Quote:
Wow you really lucked out on that upgrade! Your room was beautiful. I have think I would have been a big bag of tears myself! Did you guys do the dining plan??
I held it together well, surprisingly!...or at least I tried We were on the deluxe dining plan...which ended up being WAY too much food. Especially since we also had the concierge lounge with free food all day. We don't plan on doing deluxe again.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Woooo hooo!!!! Not only a Disneymoon at the GF, but upgraded too! In the Main Building club level honeymoon suite!!! Talk about your pixie dust!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
luckylady
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful flowers you got froma loving hubby. His fist present to you as his wife...ya he did good. Great room.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

I keep hearing that the DDP is way too much food. I have only been on the regular DP and that was PLENTY of food. But when I go on my disneymoon I wanna do the DDP just because! Lol

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

I'm along for the ride! Can't wait to hear more about your disneymoon!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Dreamsdocometrue9112

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Woooo hooo!!!! Not only a Disneymoon at the GF, but upgraded too! In the Main Building club level honeymoon suite!!! Talk about your pixie dust!
We still say we were "dumped on" with pixie dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
What a beautiful flowers you got froma loving hubby. His fist present to you as his wife...ya he did good. Great room.
I agree, he did a great job!!

Quote:
I keep hearing that the DDP is way too much food. I have only been on the regular DP and that was PLENTY of food. But when I go on my disneymoon I wanna do the DDP just because! Lol
We only did the deluxe dining plan because we wanted to do more signatures for our honeymoon. Little did we know how overwhelming it ended up being still!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
I'm along for the ride! Can't wait to hear more about your disneymoon!
Thanks for joining!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: