Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #91
KimnChris
No Kids yet, but still Crusin`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland Mommy View Post
Seas were fine. There were points in time when you could feel the ship swaying side to side a bit. Mostly, when you are sitting still at dinner/shows.

My 6 year old DS and I both get car sick, so of course I was afraid of us getting seasick. I came armed with Bonine for me, and Dramamine for him, as well as sea bands.

All we needed were the sea bands. I had DS and I wear them religiously while at sea. No other medications were needed. I definitely recommend them.

My DD and DH didn't use anything, and never once felt sick!

Weather was as follows....

Not sure of the actual temp on the first sea day, but it was overcast and cool, but not cold enough for anything but a light jacket. Not many kids in the pool that day. Upper open air decks are windy and cold, need heavier jacket up there.

San Francisco #1 High of 62 and partly sunny

San Francisco #2 High of 60 and partly sunny

Both of these days felt hotter than that to me, but that's what the navigator said.

Second sea day, warmer than the first.

San Diego High of 79 and partly sunny

Ensenada High of 87 and partly sunny- weird clouds here that caused humidity. Captain also had to sound his horn what seemed like every minute because visibility was very poor pulling into port. This was at 5:30-6:30 in the morning! Wanted to sleep more, but just gave up, and got up,lol.
Thanks for this info! Sounds like not a ton of swimming on this one
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #92
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
I want to say they started letting the first set of tags off around 8-8:30? My family was off by 9ish, but we had breakfast at the buffet, and didn't rush.
Thank you! I can breath easier now.

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #93
Disneyland Mommy
Where's Perry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnChris View Post
Thanks for this info! Sounds like not a ton of swimming on this one
My kids swam twice, and I swam once. The water is more like bath water temp, than refreshing pool water temp, so very comfortable even on the chilly days. Not many opportunity to "tan" except on San Diego & Ensenada days.

Also, Ensenada stinks....literallly! So, being out on deck or on your verandah that day is not the most pleasant experience. One of the cast members told me the stench was caused by the sea lions that hang out right by the ship.

Wonder-ful Pixar Pacific Coast Cruise Sept.16th-23rd 2012

Upcoming Trips:
DLR Nov 7-11 2014 Castle Inn w/DH, DS(8) & DD(6)
DLR Nov 21-23 2014 PPH Concierge Just DH & I!
Disneyland Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #94
KimnChris

Quote:
My kids swam twice, and I swam once. The water is more like bath water temp, than refreshing pool water temp, so very comfortable even on the chilly days. Not many opportunity to "tan" except on San Diego & Ensenada days.

Also, Ensenada stinks....literallly! So, being out on deck or on your verandah that day is not the most pleasant experience. One of the cast members told me the stench was caused by the sea lions that hang out right by the ship.
Good to know! Thanks for this info!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #95
Duhey2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
Thank you! I can breath easier now.
What time is your flight? We had a 12:40 and were at LAX in plenty of time.

We had Daisy tags and want to say we were called off at 8AM, on the bus at 8:20, pulling away at 8:40.

There was no announcement for Arial tags I guess because they leave from the WD Theatre.
Duhey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #96
GoGoJulie
Earning My Ears

I have scans of the Navigators from the first Pixar cruise, but I guess I do not have enough posts to add a link yet. I better start posting!
GoGoJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #97
Luliemouse
Mouseketeer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJulie View Post
I have scans of the Navigators from the first Pixar cruise, but I guess I do not have enough posts to add a link yet. I better start posting!
DARN! Maybe you can PM them to me can I can post them for you! WINK WINK!
`·-*
LulieMouse
Disneyland Annual Passholder
Disneyland Resort - Resort stays at DLH, DGCH & DPPH
Walt DisneyWorld - Resort stays at the Poly 2007, DGFH 2009 and CBR 2012 & 2013, DARR 2014.

Disney Cruise Line- Wonder 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2007, Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2009, Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise 2011, Wonder Pixar Cruise 2012, Dream 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2013, Disney Magic 5-day & 3-Day Bahamian Cruises March 2014.

Luliemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #98
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJulie
I would love to see them. My email is lisaanngrant@gmail.com

Thanks for all the great info past cruisers. I like to know what things I don't want my kids to miss!!

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #99
BAT
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is easily fixable!
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #100
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
Can I ask what time you disembarked? I'm panicking about our flight home.
We had a 12:45 pm flight and anyone before 1 basically was let off early, Aerial Tags and had to go to continental breakfast at BBB and not sit down. We were at LAX by 8:45/9am.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #101
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

I also just got off and the cruise was awesome.

The Pixar Presentations were great and not super crowded. They had you go based on your dinner time, but they didn't check. Either way there were seats still left in both presentations. They did one on each sea day.

There was a Pixar dance party, can't remember when since didn't go.

They did on the second sea day Pixar Pals meet and greet which is similar to the till we meeet again with the characters coming down the stairs and then doing a meet and greet, no autographs at this time.

For the Toy Story Dinner, which is very good, replaced the captains Gala menus, there is still lobster and I thought the lonster meal was actually better. We were never told anything about special guests coming to dinner, so not sure what the OP was talking about.

The lithograph they gave out is beauitful,same size as others they have given out in the past for special cruises. They gave it out second to last night.

Art of Pixar book, retail value $50 and very big and heavy is beautiful and was a pleasent surpraise. It was given to anyone who booked and paid the vacation on a disney Visa or castaway club member. One per stateroom. Second sea day there was a signing of it by one of the people who gave a presentation , Jay Ward in our case. Be prepared to get there early or sit around for along time. They handed numbers out, we had 56 and it took over an hour to get to it, and people had numbers in the 100's. They allow for multiple items to be signed and pictures.

Merchandise, personally I thought this was lacking. They had 1 white t shirt with the same print from the litho on the back. A nice nike polo with the pixar cruise logo. A hat, post card. Pretty much other than that it was generic pixar stuff that they always sell and the parks sell, like toys and stuffed animals. They had one pin with the pixar logo they released but is limited to 500 for all 4 cruises. They hand out wristbands the first night when the shops open and its 1 per stateroom and allows you to buy 2 pins. You can't buy the pin till the next morning.

San Fran and San Diego were great.

For San Diego, we used Advantage Car rental and got a great rate and was super easy. You just call them when you get off the ship and they came within 10 mins. It was nice to have a car to drive around. We did the Zoo, La Jolla (beautiful) and Seaport Village.

San Fran, we got the City pass, and used feet and public transportation to get around. Cable cars are fun, but get very very very busy.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #102
GoGoJulie
Earning My Ears

I can't even send a private message unless I have reached 10 posts also. I did send the link to DesertGal, so hopefully she can view them.

OK, I now have 3 posts.
GoGoJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #103
KimnChris

Thanks for this update Whitney.. More excellent info!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #104
KimnChris

Quote:
I can't even send a private message unless I have reached 10 posts also. I did send the link to DesertGal, so hopefully she can view them.

OK, I now have 3 posts.
10 posts.. You will be there quickly.. Im now at 8 since last night! :P Err Make that 10 now.

Last edited by KimnChris; 09-24-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: 10 not 8
KimnChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #105
ann0d1
Earning My Ears

We saw all those characters on the Dream last June and it wasn't a Pixar cruise (not the characters from UP though. What makes it different from a regular cruise?
ann0d1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: