Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #316
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
I was on this cruise with you. It's funny how we have the same thoughts. I too put my disappointment on the pin issue on the survey card at the end of the cruise. I also had the opportunity to speak to the merchandising officer at a meet n greet. I told her of my disappointment and her reply was that when pins are released they are released and that they couldn't hold them back. Really? That didn't relieve my disappointment at all. But hey, I can get the one on eBay for $199 right? I was disappointed overall with the lack of Pixar collectibles. The Pixar vinylmations onboard were the same ones that you can get in the parks. Nothing special about them and I didn't see any special magnets. Thankfully, we had a few diser's who made some magnets as FE gifts

I also had thoughts about the person who posted the menu on eBay but after going on the cruise our waiter offered us a menu and glasses to take home with us which we did.

Linda
Linda,
I looked for you at the meet & greet. I walked up to a very pleasant couple and introduced myself and they then told me she wasn't Adnil530, but they had met you and you were very nice. Next time...
Sheri

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #317
tink157
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
I just got home from the 9/30 sailing. As soon as the stores opened we headed there to try and purchase a special pin and I was told they were sold out. I'm pretty upset by this. For the Halloween parties they have a special pin for EACH night, but for these cruises they sell one pin and don't hold any back for each cruise? Makes no sense to me. I did leave a handwritten note attached to our survey at the end of the cruise. I don't see how they can do anything now to make things right, but I sure would have liked to have purchased some sort of Pixar pin. I also passed on the California Coast pins as they said Summer 2012 and I was pretty annoyed by that time. This is actually the first cruise I haven't purchased a pin for.

I have to admit I thought that seller on ebay was horrible for what I assumed was stealing a menu and then selling it, but on our cruise our server told our table that each family could take one menu home with them. So maybe, just maybe that seller took the menu because they were told they could I'm just trying to find the best in people.

We did the Muir Woods tour. The woods were beautiful. I would go again, just not with the tour. Our driver was racing to each turn and then slamming on the brakes to make the tight turns on the drive there and then back down to Sausalito. I'm pretty sure I was green by the time we reached Sausalito. We told the tour guide we couldn't take the driving any more and took the ferry back to San Francisco.

Overall the cruise was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went.
On the 9/23 I asked if I could have a Toy Story menu and was told no.........at the time I though oh well doesn't hurt to ask...........now I hear that others got them .................it was a wonderful cruise though for a first timer....and I loved the lithograph they gave us. Our family had lots of fun on here and hope to be able to go again sometime.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #318
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink157 View Post
On the 9/23 I asked if I could have a Toy Story menu and was told no.........at the time I though oh well doesn't hurt to ask...........now I hear that others got them .................it was a wonderful cruise though for a first timer....and I loved the lithograph they gave us. Our family had lots of fun on here and hope to be able to go again sometime.
I am wondering if they gave us the menus to make up for the lack of a pin. Though our waiters signed them. Guess to make them less sell able on ebay????

I would never sell mine. I have won 2 castaway clocks and would not sell them either.

We found the whole Pixar Cruise strange. There were so many first time cruisers. The tone of the West coast cruise was so different from any of the other 8 cruises taken. Also there were tons of kids in the dinning areas. Normally the kids go to one or two meals then stay in kids club to eat. It is very long 2 hours for kids to stay through. The adult cove area bar was dead. It was a very quite cruise.

I was disappointed that when I asked to get a frame mat signed by the Incredibles I was told they could not do this and I had to stand in line. This was not even a gift for me. I thought if it was a Pixar cruise you should be ableto get the Pixar characters to sign it.?????

So I stood in line and got the mat signed but they signed the wrong way. So I asked a cast member if if they could sign the other 2 sides. I know it would look funny but I was ok with that. He was so kind. Looked to see if they had an extra photo frame mat. Then decided a little pixie dust was needed and got the pixar character to sign a picture. That really saved our cruise. It was the first extra special thing done for us ever. No you will not be seeing it on ebay. It is for a special needs child.

I found the food quality not as good. The serving time for food was not very good. Though I know it was not our servers fault gave them excellent.

Pirate night they ran out of Turkey legs. The desserts by the time we got to them were mush since it the cakes were not cut and people were just doing the cutting themselves. The pirate buffet on deck was so pretty the one held in beach blanket was just awe full.

The merchandise was lacking. I had expected a little more items. I booked the cruise a year ago so it was an extra bonus we were on it. I think they were having so many issues selling these cruises they used it as a selling gimmic. To get more on board.

I think the pixar cruise was a money looser for the cruise line. We really enjoyed Jimmy the cruise director. Great sense of humour. We loved the west coast since we had never been to any of those ports. For the first time us international travellers had the shortest line through customs It was funny

We had a good time. The cast members really make you feel wonderful.
Belle1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #319
j2tyco
Earning My Ears

Our Cruise Director on the 9/23 was Christian- was it different for you guys then if it was Jimmy? That's interesting- I recognize contract periods and time off comes into play but I would assume for continuity sake they would have the same people in leadership for short thematic cruises.

We had an a amazing time on our cruise and only a few minor things that even slightly felt "bummerish" which were all completely out of anyone's control (such as the fog on the golden gate etc)

My in laws tried to go to the pirate buffet as well and said that turkey legs had run out and some man was making a huge fuss about it because that was all he wanted and his night was ruined but that they did appreciated that it was in Beach Blanket much better then ones that they had attended before on deck which were too crowded-so I guess that is a matter of preference.
j2tyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #320
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
I am wondering if they gave us the menus to make up for the lack of a pin. Though our waiters signed them. Guess to make them less sell able on ebay????

I would never sell mine. I have won 2 castaway clocks and would not sell them either.

We found the whole Pixar Cruise strange. There were so many first time cruisers. The tone of the West coast cruise was so different from any of the other 8 cruises taken. Also there were tons of kids in the dinning areas. Normally the kids go to one or two meals then stay in kids club to eat. It is very long 2 hours for kids to stay through. The adult cove area bar was dead. It was a very quite cruise.

I was disappointed that when I asked to get a frame mat signed by the Incredibles I was told they could not do this and I had to stand in line. This was not even a gift for me. I thought if it was a Pixar cruise you should be ableto get the Pixar characters to sign it.?????

So I stood in line and got the mat signed but they signed the wrong way. So I asked a cast member if if they could sign the other 2 sides. I know it would look funny but I was ok with that. He was so kind. Looked to see if they had an extra photo frame mat. Then decided a little pixie dust was needed and got the pixar character to sign a picture. That really saved our cruise. It was the first extra special thing done for us ever. No you will not be seeing it on ebay. It is for a special needs child.

I found the food quality not as good. The serving time for food was not very good. Though I know it was not our servers fault gave them excellent.

Pirate night they ran out of Turkey legs. The desserts by the time we got to them were mush since it the cakes were not cut and people were just doing the cutting themselves. The pirate buffet on deck was so pretty the one held in beach blanket was just awe full.

The merchandise was lacking. I had expected a little more items. I booked the cruise a year ago so it was an extra bonus we were on it. I think they were having so many issues selling these cruises they used it as a selling gimmic. To get more on board.

I think the pixar cruise was a money looser for the cruise line. We really enjoyed Jimmy the cruise director. Great sense of humour. We loved the west coast since we had never been to any of those ports. For the first time us international travellers had the shortest line through customs It was funny

We had a good time. The cast members really make you feel wonderful.

Our waiters did not sign our menus. The lack of continuity is frustrating.

I'm glad you mentioned the vibe of the cruise and the food. We met some very nice people, but overall most of the people we met were cruising for the first time and had booked within the last month before sailing. It was a much different crowd than cruising out of Port Canaveral. We've also never had so many kids RUNNING and YELLING up an down the hallways at night as we did on this cruise.

The food overall in the dining rooms was lacking, the buffet was just bad in y opinion. Palo was great for brunch and we had a fantastic dinner there.

We didn't let any of this ruin our cruise as we wanted to enjoy it for what it was. For us it was a chance to see San Francisco (a first for us) and to catch up with friends in San Diego while relaxing in between cities and being spoiled along the way.

Disney does so much so well that when things start to slip it tends to be glaring and I always find myself wondering "why didn't anyone think of this?"

Discover
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #321
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

It was our first cruise and we really enjoyed it..nothing to compare with of course I thought the dining room food was very good..the buffet not so much. I guess I'm easy to please..it seems like people complain about some odd things (not just the cruise board, but all over the place). We did have one family down the hall with kids who thundered down the hallways and one little girl who screamed all the time, but other than that the kids all looked like they were having a blast. All the people we met were freindly and having fun. I thought the merchandise was lacking... agree this was thrown together to sell cruises that weren't selling, but am very happy with the theme and extras (John Lassseter?! That's quite a plus, and the litho is beautiful. I also got the Nike shirt with the logo and the themed hat, so not bad) My 2 disappointments were the awful ventriliquist act and our driver for the Lasseter wine tour (many complained about that one and I received a call from Port Adventures assuring me that had been addressed). Loved our first cruise and booked another!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #322
kangamommy
Mouseketeer

my response from Disney...

Here's the response I got for the email I sent (see previous posts)
Thank you for your e-mail.

On behalf of the entire Disney Cruise Line team, please accept my
sincere regret for any disappointment you may have experienced regarding
the limited edition merchandise available during your recent cruise
vacation. Regrettably, there were only 500 pins available for these
special cruises and they did sell out very early on. However, please be
assured that your thoughts regarding a more controlled process for
making these pins available on each voyage have been shared with the
appropriate managers.

Again, I truly regret any disappointment and hope that this will not
affect your regard for Disney Cruise Line. We would appreciate another
opportunity to welcome you aboard one of our cruise ships again soon.

++++++++

I wrote back a little more "terse" than before -- saying basically an "apology" isn't enough, that they should "make it right." Really annoying but still had an awesome time on the cruise...

DLR: Premium AP holders (2000-current)
DCL: Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast)
Fantasy - May 2014 (Eastern Caribbean)
kangamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #323
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamommy View Post

appropriate managers.

++++++++

I wrote back a little more "terse" than before -- saying basically an "apology" isn't enough, that they should "make it right." Really annoying but still had an awesome time on the cruise...
I'm not sure what more DCL can do at this time. It's water under the golden gate bridge

What do you want? The pins are sold. If they give you something, isn't everyone entitled to the same thing?

Hopefully DCL learned from their mistake which I doubt we will see any cruises like this for some time.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #324
silversae
Mouseketeer

I was fairly surprised by the lack of consistency across the cruises as well. While we had an enjoyable time, things seemed to be changing all the time from cruise to cruise and disney seemed off their game. Little things like not providing 3d glasses when at the end of a speaker they showed the new monster university trailer...In 3D. As well, we were in shutters one night when a cast member was putting up pictures and noticed that the date was incorrect on the photos. We let her know immediately, to which her response was... "oh well...if you want a picture, just tell them to reprint it with the right date." I can understand not wanting to reprint a bunch of pictures that may not even be purchased, but you'd think they would take the ones down with the wrong date since people can view their photos on the terminals if they can't find it UP. I just hope that no one ended up taking home a picture with the wrong date on it because they didn't notice at the time of purchase. The batch with the wrong date was still up at the end of the cruise.

I was pretty unhappy about the pin thing as well. I know that we were third in line on the first night of pin trading for the Sept 30th cruise and no one was able to purchase the pins because they had been sold out on the other cruises. I'm in agreement that they should have reserved some for each sailing so that at least there was a CHANCE to obtain one throughout each of the cruises.

I wrote to disney as well, though I don't expect that anything will be done to make up for it. At least this way, by voicing my opinion, we can hopefully change things for future cruises that have these type of things.

Overall we had a fantastic time, but the inconsistencies across cruises and the few lack of attention to detail, made it fall short of my expectations for a disney cruise.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #325
kangamommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic View Post
I'm not sure what more DCL can do at this time. It's water under the golden gate bridge

What do you want? The pins are sold. If they give you something, isn't everyone entitled to the same thing?

Hopefully DCL learned from their mistake which I doubt we will see any cruises like this for some time.
If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or expect to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

I'm not going to post about this again, I would rather remember the amazing parts of the cruise and hope that next time they get it right.

DLR: Premium AP holders (2000-current)
DCL: Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast)
Fantasy - May 2014 (Eastern Caribbean)

Last edited by kangamommy; 10-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
kangamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #326
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or except to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

I'm not going to post about this again, I would rather remember the amazing parts of the cruise and hope that next time they get it right.

Discover
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #327
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or except to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
"Give" you the opportunity to purchase.

pulling out the mold and making more can't be done with the limit stating "limit to 500" on the back. IF they did what do you tell the first 500. It's not their fault. The best you could hope for is Disney having pins left over. But how would they offer them to so many people?

Last edited by Computer Magic; 10-09-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #328
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:

appropriate managers.

++++++++

FWIW, I received the exact same e-mail from DCL. Hopefully they will change it for the future, but I suppose we may never know.

I was hoping they would find a case in a warehouse somewhere!
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #329
tink157
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic View Post
"Give" you the opportunity to purchase.

pulling out the mold and making more can't be done with the limit stating "limit to 500" on the back. IF they did what do you tell the first 500. It's not their fault. The best you could hope for is Disney having pins left over. But how would they offer them to so many people?
Wow, calm down a little.............I don't know what could or could not happen.........some are disapointed..me also...understandable for sure....I am sure that a big lesson has been learned here.

Guess I will forget about the pin thing also............we did have a great cruise...and thought everything was lots of fun........food great..kids had a blast. We were also first timers.........and would love to do this again for sure.

No one told us the big let down on getting off the ship and heading home........now that is hard!!!!

I thought with all the kids in the dining room was great fun. You are on a family vacation and having them at dinner was just ........well normal.. Then I am grandma and love being around my grands and shareing fun times with them.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #330
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or expect to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

If they did that then the edition size would be a lie and that would cause problems also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: