Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #181
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTigger

I only can share what I encountered regarding traveling with my two daughters on the Sept 16th Pacific Coast Cruise. But first, a little background. I am a single mom with full custody, both my daughter's have Passports. the three of us were traveling with my mom and my step father,
For the past four years, I have carried my Court Ordered paperwork saying that I have sole custody of both of my daughters, ages 5 and 7, until we went on the cruise. After getting their Passports, which required me to provided the documents, and for others, to have both parents present or to bring a signed consent, I opted not to bring the documents. As well as being advised by other dis-ers and Disney, that a Letter of Consent would only be required if chilldren are traveling without either parent.
Well...
when we came through immigration at the Port of LA. I was asked if I had a Letter of Consent. When I replied, no. I was asked if I had full custody. And when I answered yes, I was asked for the court documents. I shared that I was not made aware that I needed those documents. The immigration officer told me for "future reference" that I do.
It seems a little crazy that I was asked for documents, but I was. I would suggest bringing any documents that you have or can easily get, for added assurance that things go somoothly. I was not hassled, and for crying out loud, we were coming back into the county! But I did feel put on the spot to the point that I forgot that I have copies scanned and accessible through my email.
In retrospect, I wish that I would have just thrown the 4 page document into my purse.
I hope this helps! Wishing you safe travels and a fun time of memory making together!!!
Thank you very much! I'll make sure to have a notarized letter from him to bring with me since we have joint custody. I dont want anything to spoil/potentially spoil our vacation.

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #182
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJulie View Post
Great to be back home in sunny warm AZ! Now researching Vacation Club!
As a DVC owner, I can tell you that we love it. The main things to ask yourself before you join are, do I want to vacation at Disney for the next 45+ years every year (or every other) and be locked into buying tickets/annual passes to WDW or DLR at whatever price DisneyParks wants to charge, can I plan my vacations 8-11 month in advance, and can I pay for both the up front cost and the maintenance fees (which are a lot more than the initial buy in over the long run) in cash without stressing my finances too much. If the answers to all of those is yes, then its a good buy because its a long commitment to Disney. If you're planning on going to DLR more since you're in AZ, VGC is the only West Coast resort, except for Aulani which they pitched to you. VGC is very small, and hard to get into if you don't own there. Definitely check out resale before buying direct as it can save you a substantial amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTigger View Post
I only can share what I encountered regarding traveling with my two daughters on the Sept 16th Pacific Coast Cruise. But first, a little background. I am a single mom with full custody, both my daughter's have Passports. the three of us were traveling with my mom and my step father,
For the past four years, I have carried my Court Ordered paperwork saying that I have sole custody of both of my daughters, ages 5 and 7, until we went on the cruise. After getting their Passports, which required me to provided the documents, and for others, to have both parents present or to bring a signed consent, I opted not to bring the documents. As well as being advised by other dis-ers and Disney, that a Letter of Consent would only be required if chilldren are traveling without either parent.
Well...
when we came through immigration at the Port of LA. I was asked if I had a Letter of Consent. When I replied, no. I was asked if I had full custody. And when I answered yes, I was asked for the court documents. I shared that I was not made aware that I needed those documents. The immigration officer told me for "future reference" that I do.
It seems a little crazy that I was asked for documents, but I was. I would suggest bringing any documents that you have or can easily get, for added assurance that things go somoothly. I was not hassled, and for crying out loud, we were coming back into the county! But I did feel put on the spot to the point that I forgot that I have copies scanned and accessible through my email.
In retrospect, I wish that I would have just thrown the 4 page document into my purse.
I hope this helps! Wishing you safe travels and a fun time of memory making together!!!
Wow, its crazy that this was the first time you were asked for it. I'm wondering now if I should get my DH to sign the letter of consent since he has to work and DS5 and I are going on this trip without him even though we are married and live all together. Hmm ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #183
mybeachbabies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardMusic View Post
We did two excursions: Adult-only Views of SF on Tues. & WD Family Museum on Wed. The SF Tour was underwhelming. There were 3 stops: Twin Peaks (good views, as most of fog was gone), Land's End (basic ocean view, which was redundant for cruisers), and Golden Gate Park, which we needed a bit more time at.
Would the Views of San Francisco excursion be boring for kids? Was there a lot to look at during the bus ride? Was there a bathroom on the bus?

Dream 11/6/11 ~ Wonder MR 3/18/12 ~ Wonder Pacific Coast 10/7/12 ~ Fantasy Eastern 6/15/13 ~ Wonder San Diego 5/17/14 ~ Fantasy Western 6/7/14
mybeachbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #184
nemofanatic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnChris View Post
sweet.. Whats the temps like in AZ ?
az is in the high 90's today

DISNEYWORLD/RED BOAT CRUISE-CARRIBEAN BEACH JUNE 1992
DISNEYLAND/KNOTTS BERRY SEPTEMBER 1999
DISNEYLAND- CASTLE INN SUITES CHRISTMAS 2001
DISNEYWORLD POP CENTURY APRIL 2004
DISNEYLAND HALLOWEEN TRIP OCTOBER 2005
DISNEYWORLD-KEY WEST GRAND GATHERING MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND MOTHERS DAY TRIP MAY 2008
DISNEYLAND SUMMER TRIP JULY 2009
SPRING BREAK DISNEYLAND 2010
DISNEYWORLD MARCH 2011
DISNEYLAND WIH ADAM MARCH 2012
DISNEYLAND WITH CINDY (GRADUATION) JUNE 2012
DISNEY PIXAR CRUISE OCTOBER 2012
DISNEYLAND/S.CA xmas trip Mike/Adam/ Dec 2013
nemofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #185
Duhey2
Mouseketeer

So is it me or is this just like Saturday (ie, no class)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Wonde...item27cb567295

Yeah, we could've swiped our 3D menus but I thought that would be so tacky.
Duhey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #186
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

We are currently on our overnight in San Fran for the Sept 23 Pixar cruise. Coming up the coast was very rocky for us, although I don't get sea sick at least. . Lots of movement, especially last night.

Coming in to San Fran was very foggy. We were up on deck but couldn't see the bridge at all until we were right under it. Listening to all the fog horns were pretty cool though.

We did the Lasseter Winery excursion today and it was amazing! We had a sommalier from the ship on our bus and Nancy met us when we got there. They were doing the crush for two different grapes today so we got to watch and she was with us for the while time we were there.

Glad we went to Sonoma and got some sun, been foggy all day. Haven't seen the bridge at all except when we were right under, can barely see Alcatraz. Maybe tomorrow will be clearer?

Having a great time though!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #187
AmanduhAnn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhey2
And if you did swipe it I would hope it would be to keep and not for profit. (Not that I think taking the menu is cool...)
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #188
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeachbabies View Post
Would the Views of San Francisco excursion be boring for kids? Was there a lot to look at during the bus ride? Was there a bathroom on the bus?
My opinion is yes they would be bored, as I was bored most of the time. Most of the views were of architechture, the steep road up to Twin Peaks, etc. There was a bathroom on the bus; the stops at Land's End and Golden Gate Park offered restrooms as well.

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #189
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhey2 View Post

This is just wrong. I'm just waiting for a pile of signed Art of Pixar books to show up here as well, not to mention video of the talks. When people do this is makes Disney NOT want to provide us great opportunities! Makes me so mad!

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #190
minniemoms
There's no place like Disney

Thanks so much for posting the navigators! Going on the Oct 7th cruise.. This will be DD first cruise with Disney. She is 31, and we are doing a mother/daughter cruise. Just can't wait. Thanks for all the information on tours. Just keep posting. Love getting as much information as I can.

minniemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #191
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:

I don't know how we could have swiped a menu..they were very quick to take them away..Maybe they begged the server then turned around to sell it.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #192
KimnChris
No Kids yet, but still Crusin`

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
We are currently on our overnight in San Fran for the Sept 23 Pixar cruise. Coming up the coast was very rocky for us, although I don't get sea sick at least. . Lots of movement, especially last night.

Coming in to San Fran was very foggy. We were up on deck but couldn't see the bridge at all until we were right under it. Listening to all the fog horns were pretty cool though.

We did the Lasseter Winery excursion today and it was amazing! We had a sommalier from the ship on our bus and Nancy met us when we got there. They were doing the crush for two different grapes today so we got to watch and she was with us for the while time we were there.

Glad we went to Sonoma and got some sun, been foggy all day. Haven't seen the bridge at all except when we were right under, can barely see Alcatraz. Maybe tomorrow will be clearer?

Having a great time though!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Rough seas? Really? Seems odd out there without storms.. Was it like walking sideways rough, or just general movement?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #193
Duhey2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnChris View Post
Rough seas? Really? Seems odd out there without storms.. Was it like walking sideways rough, or just general movement?
On the 09/16 cruise it was pretty choppy (appeared that way to me) on the way up to SFO. Odlly, I don't recall feeling anything.
Duhey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #194
KimnChris
No Kids yet, but still Crusin`

Quote:
On the 09/16 cruise it was pretty choppy (appeared that way to me) on the way up to SFO. Odlly, I don't recall feeling anything.
Yeah most of the time in the coast there is some choppiness which should make the ship move a tad, but nothing like a tropical storm.. Those are like trying to balance on a balance beam :P
Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #195
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

Any pictures???!!??

We need some pictures....

Robin & Angel "D"

Plus I am sure the rest of the DIS Group!!!
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: