Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1411
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
You were one of those people a few years ago!
Yes but that didn't count.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Glad to know your dad is doing better and that you will be down here soon (enjoying our weather I'm not supposed to brag about.)
I'm hoping to arrange to get my plane tix today. If that works out, I'll def. be down next week. Friday (18th) morning meet??!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #1412
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #1413
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Hey TK.

Whatcha up to today?

We're settling in for the Colts at Ravens.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #1414
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Hey TK.

Whatcha up to today?

We're settling in for the Colts at Ravens.
Finished little bits of housework and decided it was high time to jump back into the DIS, so I am catching up.

I have big plans to lay in bed and read as well. It's a stellar Sunday in my book.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #1415
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Melbourne Skyline last night - Happy New Year!

OOOO, pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'......

Here's hoping....

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Not sure how "serious" it is but when you're 83 and have survived two heart attacks, you don't take anything like this lightly.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #1416
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

I found out the amount of the hotel bill for this summer's vacation in Cape May, NJ. Tomorrow will be a happy trip to the bank so I can take out the money and send it off. I like checking into a hotel knowing that I owe nothing.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #1417
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
I found out the amount of the hotel bill for this summer's vacation in Cape May, NJ. Tomorrow will be a happy trip to the bank so I can take out the money and send it off. I like checking into a hotel knowing that I owe nothing.
Nice!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #1418
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
I love that feeling too.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1419
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!

Quote:
[SIZE=7][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][B]My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Not sure how "serious" it is but when you're 83 and have survived two heart attacks, you don't take anything like this lightly.

Hi girls... just stopping in... LM I hope your dad is doing better... I can only say my thoughts are with you... I just went throught this myself... I've been upside down for a while.. but it's a new year, and I am trying to keepp positive. the week before Christmas I am sitting at my desk at work trying to catch up since I was out of the office between Thanksgiving and the holidays.. I was in Vegas, and then out to Lancaster for a swim meet.. of course no time for anything... and my DH walks into my office... (he's been to my office like 3 times in 12 years...) so I know this is not good.. He says he got a call from my sis, and we have to go to see my mom in the hospital.. they were giving her last rites... (I'm like.. OMG.. what do I do??) the kids were in school, (4 different schools).. no time to go home and get them all.. we had to drive to the poconos... make a long story short... I made it to see my mom.. and she hung in there for a few more days, but we lost her the week before christmas. All the craziness that goes along with that... I feel like we got jipped. I'm doing ok, but definitely have my moments... I am trying to keep things going at home, but then I feel guilty, like we should have been there more. especially after thanksgiving.. but that's another long story... So.. anyway... I am trying to stay positive in the new year... We have to ... maybe this will be my year to get back to Disney. something fun and something to look forward too. Oh.. and next week is my little guy's 5th birthday... I can't believe that... next year is Kindergarten... (and no more day care).... LOL.. after 15 years of paying for day care.... it will be like hitting the lottery... something to look forward to... I hope you've all had a great new year... and nice holidays. Hope Santa brought you everything you were hoping for.

No DISNEYticker at the moment

Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1421
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Daisyyy - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #1422
LegoMom3

daisyyy --

We love you!!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #1423
PrincessInOz
in

daisyyy - So sorry for your loss.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #1424
LegoMom3

Heading to FL next week. My dad's church set up a fund to get me a plane ticket, I don't know if I had mentioned that. That is very helpful as I don't otherwise have that kind of $$ right now!! (which just further drives me to start putting a little aside to create an emergency fund).

Anyway, my dad is home, doing ok. His heart issues can only be controlled by medication at this point, as he does not want the surgery (and who can blame him, at his age). I will get to spend a week there visiting, and, Lord willing, will return again as scheduled at the end of Feb. for a long weekend. Day at a time, y'know?

Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #1425
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Heading to FL next week. My dad's church set up a fund to get me a plane ticket, I don't know if I had mentioned that. That is very helpful as I don't otherwise have that kind of $$ right now!! (which just further drives me to start putting a little aside to create an emergency fund).

Anyway, my dad is home, doing ok. His heart issues can only be controlled by medication at this point, as he does not want the surgery (and who can blame him, at his age). I will get to spend a week there visiting, and, Lord willing, will return again as scheduled at the end of Feb. for a long weekend. Day at a time, y'know?

What an awesome church community you belong to.

Enjoy the visit with your dad.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: