Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #1096
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

PaMom, congrats to your daughter.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #1097
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I have a fantastic time doing a few DisMeets. Just unpacking the pictures. For the 9 days away, I only came home with about 2000. I must be slipping! The good news is that there seems to be a lot of food in amongst the sets. There will be a TR...link is in my siggie below.
2000 pics. Looking forward to seeing SOME of them.
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #1098
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thanks! How are you going? Is it cooler for you in Florida now?

I've come home to blinding sunshine and warmth.
....well, THAT beats the fog and dampness we got goin' on here, ANY DAY....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1099
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I hope those of you who had unseasonably warm weather today were able to enjoy it at least a little!! Wow, was it nice.

I had a very productive unplanned day off! Got tons done here around the house. Unpacked and organized a bunch more here in my office, started making some sense of my bedroom (always the "dump" room due to nobody else ever seeing it!), and got my budget all in place for the FL trip. That's a good day.

Now I'm making choc. chip cookies. I know they say a gas range is best and more precise for stove-top use, but I'm telling you my gas oven at the apt. never made cookies as perfect as these.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #1100
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Mmmmmm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

We came home early from Disney. Once again, the kids couldn't get along (more like the older one got annoyed at every single thing her little sister did and yelled about it while the younger one made sure to be extra annoying.) I really think I'm going alone next time we do F&WF. Actually, I'd like to just have one day at Disney by myself at any of the parks. Those of you who have done solo trips seem to really enjoy the time to yourself.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #1101
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
...I had a very productive unplanned day off....Now I'm making choc. chip cookies. I know they say a gas range is best and more precise for stove-top use, but I'm telling you my gas oven at the apt. never made cookies as perfect as these.
....what, none for US?????
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #1102
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
I hope those of you who had unseasonably warm weather today were able to enjoy it at least a little!! Wow, was it nice.

I had a very productive unplanned day off! Got tons done here around the house. Unpacked and organized a bunch more here in my office, started making some sense of my bedroom (always the "dump" room due to nobody else ever seeing it!), and got my budget all in place for the FL trip. That's a good day.

Now I'm making choc. chip cookies. I know they say a gas range is best and more precise for stove-top use, but I'm telling you my gas oven at the apt. never made cookies as perfect as these.
Mmmmm cookies!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #1103
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Mmmmmm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

We came home early from Disney. Once again, the kids couldn't get along (more like the older one got annoyed at every single thing her little sister did and yelled about it while the younger one made sure to be extra annoying.) I really think I'm going alone next time we do F&WF. Actually, I'd like to just have one day at Disney by myself at any of the parks. Those of you who have done solo trips seem to really enjoy the time to yourself.
Yes, leave the kids home and enjoy yourself.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #1104
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!

Personally I still have an Oreo addiction. But nothing beats homemade cookies. Yum. My DD and I are at the salon getting highlights and trims. Much overdue. So while I'm waiting .. thought of you gals. Hope you're all doing well. Anybody watching survivor this season

No DISNEYticker at the moment

Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #1105
LegoMom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....what, none for US?????
Tonight it will be molasses so you're welcome to stop on by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post
Yes, leave the kids home and enjoy yourself.
Absolutely. Esp. with the older one, she's old enough to go without when she messes up. Take a few day trips without her and see if she smartens up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Personally I still have an Oreo addiction. But nothing beats homemade cookies. Yum. My DD and I are at the salon getting highlights and trims. Much overdue. So while I'm waiting .. thought of you gals. Hope you're all doing well. Anybody watching survivor this season
Hey daisyyy! Oreos are too sweet for me, I can only eat them in very small quantities! Your salon visit sounds fun. I've never splurged on anything like that. I do have "Test Track" (black and yellow checks!) press-on nail color for my trip next week!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #1106
LegoMom3

Morning everyone! My last long work day today. I didn't really realize how much those extra 2 hours at home make a difference, until I haven't been here! My evenings have been crazy. Tomorrow is back to a regular 6-hr. shift and I think it's going to seem very short! I'm also going to go in Sat. morning for about 3 hours; good chance to pocket some extra cash for the trip.

Have a good one!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #1107
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post
Mmmmm cookies!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #1108
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

....well, talk about your two-steps-forward-and-on-step-back....the doctors decided that my brother does NOT have MRSA, but does have 3 other bacterial infections, so he's been in isolation. To make matters worse, now he has vertigo.....on a positive note though, the infection [as of now] on his foot seems to be under control, so no more amputations since last Saturday....
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #1109
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:

Hey daisyyy! Oreos are too sweet for me, I can only eat them in very small quantities! Your salon visit sounds fun. I've never splurged on anything like that. I do have "Test Track" (black and yellow checks!) press-on nail color for my trip next week!

Your nails sound great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, talk about your two-steps-forward-and-on-step-back....the doctors decided that my brother does NOT have MRSA, but does have 3 other bacterial infections, so he's been in isolation. To make matters worse, now he has vertigo.....on a positive note though, the infection [as of now] on his foot seems to be under control, so no more amputations since last Saturday....
Your poor family. I hope he starts to heal soon.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 11-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #1110
LegoMom3

Quote:
Your nails sound great!
You'll get a first-hand peek at them on Friday.

(hey, just one more week!!! )

Quote:
Your poor family. I hope he starts to heal soon.
kimmar, I second that. I hope things turn around soon, for all of you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: