Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #1036
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
A friend of mine is in the hospital and very ill. She has a spot of pneumonia on her right lung. It's about 25-30% of her lung. Her blood pressure was quite high and they managed to get it down. Her heart rate is about 100 beats per minute. It should be about 70-80. She's in isolation and on a wide spectrum antibiotic. I talked to her husband this afternoon. She was on oxygen and is now off of it. All she wants to do is sleep. I didn't ask to many details because he's so upset. From what I gathered she fell and hit her head. They did MRI's and CAT scans, nothing wrong with her head. Please, if you think of it, pray for her. This is also the friends who lost 2 alpacas on Thursday/Friday and then had a new one born the same time.
Oh no. I'm sorry.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #1037
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

It seems November in New England isn't fooling around this year. It has been off and on snow flurries all day. I came home from work and brewed a nice hot cup of coffee and warmed up a piece of coffee cake that the ILs brought yesterday. Ahhh....that hits the spot!

So I actually started packing last night for FL!! Not major packing, but tossing things into my bag that I want to be sure to remember, like my extra camera strap, my park-touring items (including tix!!!), stuff like that. And I'm keeping a list on my dresser of things that come to mind that I can't pack yet but need to bring. I just think these next two weeks are going to go by fast and I want to get a jump on being ready!

Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1038
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

We've had flurries today too. Brrrrrrr

Packing!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #1039
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
It seems November in New England isn't fooling around this year. It has been off and on snow flurries all day. I came home from work and brewed a nice hot cup of coffee and warmed up a piece of coffee cake that the ILs brought yesterday. Ahhh....that hits the spot!

So I actually started packing last night for FL!! Not major packing, but tossing things into my bag that I want to be sure to remember, like my extra camera strap, my park-touring items (including tix!!!), stuff like that. And I'm keeping a list on my dresser of things that come to mind that I can't pack yet but need to bring. I just think these next two weeks are going to go by fast and I want to get a jump on being ready!

Then you are definitely heading for warmer weather soon. We get a cold front this week that brings our high to the mid 60's and low's in 50's.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #1040
LegoMom3

Mean Queen, I'm not sure if you can answer this (AP holder and all), but if I pay for parking at DHS in the morning and then go to the MK later on, does that parking pass work there, too?...or do I have to pay for parking all over again??

Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1041
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Mean Queen, I'm not sure if you can answer this (AP holder and all), but if I pay for parking at DHS in the morning and then go to the MK later on, does that parking pass work there, too?...or do I have to pay for parking all over again??

Once you pay for parking at one location, it works for the next. I remember a CM telling someone to keep their receipt because they'd need it if they went to another park.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #1042
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post
We've had flurries today too. Brrrrrrr

Packing!!!
.....after all the mess here in New Jersey, we certainly don't need that Nor'easter.... Today is our first day back to school but there are still losts of NJ schools thast haven't opened yet....my neice can't go back until Nov 12...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #1043
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
.....after all the mess here in New Jersey, we certainly don't need that Nor'easter.... Today is our first day back to school but there are still losts of NJ schools thast haven't opened yet....my neice can't go back until Nov 12...
I'm saying more prayers for you and all of the East Coast!!!!
I hope the storm takes it easy on you all.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #1044
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Hey ya'll.
kimmar.... been praying here too.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #1045
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Prayers still going out. I hope this storm is not so bad. At least no snow.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #1046
Smileybug

I just read where they are not expecting the storm to be as bad as first expected. I so hope this is the truth.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #1047
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

That would certainly be great news.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #1048
LegoMom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Once you pay for parking at one location, it works for the next. I remember a CM telling someone to keep their receipt because they'd need it if they went to another park.
Great!! Thanks amanda! I was hoping that was the case, but the only times I've actually driven, they were day-trips to just one park. This is a day-trip, but after spending the day at DHS (DS10's request), we're heading to the MK for MVMCP!!! SOOOO excited for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
I'm saying more prayers for you and all of the East Coast!!!!
I hope the storm takes it easy on you all.
Ditto that. I need to catch up on the forecast tonight but I'm hoping it really isn't all that much. It's the last thing the northeast needs.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #1049
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!

Hellooooo!

just popping in to say hi... gotta run out to vote.... Now all the political campaigning can finally stop.... a little peace ... you kinda get tired of all the left -vs- right.. red -vs- blue.... much of it in non sense.. just hope our country is in a better place by next year.. no matter who gets in.

No DISNEYticker at the moment

Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #1050
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Hellooooo!

just popping in to say hi... gotta run out to vote.... Now all the political campaigning can finally stop.... a little peace ... you kinda get tired of all the left -vs- right.. red -vs- blue.... much of it in non sense.. just hope our country is in a better place by next year.. no matter who gets in.

Hey daisyyy, enjoy the vote. I have been very surprised but very pleased at our local turn out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: